Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Agree

There are monthly breakfasts that recognize students that have exemplified the IB attributes, for example integrity and creativity.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

This year we don't have as much homework as in years past. Our new administration wants the students to have more free time after school to do other things than homework.

We are very happy at WT Jackson. We have two children there in 3rd and 1st grade and their teachers have been outstanding. We have one in the Challenge (gifted) program and another with a 504 plan (needs accommodations) and I feel that the needs of both are met and exceeded. I am an involved parent and I volunteer with the PTA and in the library and classrooms when needed which does help to stay on top of how my kids are doing. But I think that is true of ANY school, in Atlanta or otherwise. There are stay at home parents and working parents that volunteer as they can. Our room moms this year are employed outside the home. The facilities are in pretty good shape considering their age and there is a new track and athletic field at the main campus (I don't think that it cost a million dollars as another poster said). The libraries are amazing! It is great to see how high the the circulation numbers are compared to other public elementary schools in the North Atlanta cluster. Jackson is a BIG reading school, and all the teachers we have had are Orton-Gillingham certified. I would like to see an equal excitement for math and science. As for diversity, it is not as diverse as Sutton (the middle school) or North Atlanta (the high school), but my third grader's best friend is African American and one year we were in a kindergarten class that represented seven different languages. Overall, we are extremely pleased with our experience so far and are so happy we have many more years left to come to this wonderful school!!

Amount of homework: Neutral

Not challenging enough, not all school supplies are used but are stored for the following year and not all of the notebooks that are required to bring are used or pages 50% written in. In 2013-2015 I learned a portion of the 3rd and 4th graders do not know how to correctly fill out an addressed envelope. That left myself and some of our daughters friend parents baffled.

Smoke & mirrors! I am certain children would have a better education & experience if it wasn't for the majority of the parents and administration who want to be elitist grownups & live in a celebrity wanna be bubble & lets not forget the address! There is a lot of unhappy kids that attend here but those things are not likely up for discussion because donations, wine & champagne functions are more important than providing a well worth school trip do not be fooled! Volunteer parents & stay at home moms feel they have the authority to speak working families in any tone! Listen to your children & be careful to trust administration! You'd better write a huge check for these people to look the other way. It took me 6yrs to actually write a review because I wanted to compile my honest experiences if this can potentially help another family's decision. My children, & myself at one point or another have been stressed or emotional to some capacity & left my husband coming home the office to face another concern every other week. You actually don't see where all the money goes & my children & their friends have been in open discussion as to why they do not have better trips or activities. I will say after careful consideration & listening to my two daughters I really thought maybe my children,spouse & I was not fulfilling in some area of our daughters lives but I have to be honest...very honest my daughters seemed broken. Not the same children that were outgoing as we known them to be. Vendors & again donation plays a huge part you really don't see how the money is spent for example a million dollar play ground what a joke at the main campus besides some bright paint & manicured lawn everything still looks the same. The previous long time principal Lorraine had many connections from politicians, connections & scandal to keep the harsh reality & secrets that lies behind the brick walls to afford her a comfortable leadership & career along with her staff to live on a private island (Jackson Elementary) without consequence! No matter how much they insist you give monetary for events throughout the year or during teachers appreciation your children can at anytime be on the opposite end of scrutiny by a non-degree volunteer or soccer mom! For once wold someone please just expose TRUE & real experiences of Warren T. Jackson Elementary!

Warren T. Jackson Elementary is a great school. Teachers are passionate about their job. I have 4th grader and 5th grader, and both class teachers are exceptional!

W.T. Jackson school in Atlanta is good school for curiculum and academically learning but not very good school to develop futur Human and adult. Grading is not fair, but manifest favors and preferences There is absolutely no communication with teacher except weekly newsletter!! Every personal mail to teacher stays without answer. To take appointment is terrible. The way the class is organized is to get the students to memorize stuff with minimum critical thinking or innovation. When our child asked more questions, it is notified like trouble! Isn't it amazing!!! And last point there is not much for ethnic diversity at this school. Academically, my son thrived, but socially he suffered because he's foreigner..... High ranking academics is not all...........

We have two kids attending different grades, and we are happy with our experience. The school has an active PTA and the teachers are doing good job in supporting students.

W.T. Jackson Elementary school in Atlanta is very good at maintaining a facade of a good school but doing nothing improve---the management keeps brushing critical issues under the carpet, and the classroom teachers strive to do the absolute minimum in teaching. Example, one class teacher, with a previously "successful" career in a lucrative profession, said she went back to school to get degrees in education just to teach. You would have thought she must be passionate about teaching, right? No! the way the class is organized is to get the students to memorize stuff with minimum critical thinking or innovation. The grading work is horrible---not only does this teacher not point out why an answer was wrong, she does not even show what the right answer should be. Moreover, the final grade is not even fair, but manifests personal favors and preferences. The effort is so minimum that we did not even get notification of any sorts for an extended period of time because the teacher got our email addresses and phone numbers all wrong! When issues were brought up, with concrete evidence, the management immediately went into denial. It is disheartening to realize that they would rather put all their time, effort, creativity into shirking responsibility, than to take that responsibility. Deeply disappointed by such ethics!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Not effective at developing the students. However, they are effective in coming up with ways to do absolutely the minimum.

Last modified Jackson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.