Atlanta, GA
Students enrolled: 1,198

Young Middle School 2

Posted July 08, 2015
Not a great experience at all. My child is self motivated and was able to excel in all subjects, however, I do not feel this school acknowledged his accomplishments. They were to concerned about the kids who didn't want to be there! Parents, please think twice before sending your child to this school if you want them to get a good education and experience middle school in a good light. You will be disappointed if you do send them to Young Middle!

Young Middle School 2

Posted August 08, 2012
You might want to consider obtaining a working FAX number and an answering system. These are basic elements of a great school where parents can communicate and interact with staff!

Posted March 13, 2009
I am a current student at young middle school and I say that it was one of my favorite and educational evperinces of my life.

Posted February 06, 2009
I am so diappointed with Young. My daughter has been at Young for two years and it has been an awful experience for her and for me. The teachers don't communicate with the parents and the principals lack leadership . The perception that Young is a good school is incorrect. If you are considering enrolling your child at Young do your research on the faculty, principals,talk to other parents,and by all means visit the school.I would not want any child to have an unhappy experience in school at this age as my child is having.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 01, 2009
I am an 8th grade parent from JCY Middle School. My daughter has been a student here since 6th grade. These years have been years of change. This year, the students were relocated to Archer High because of the school's reconstruction. It left the administrator unprepared, not enough planning for activities, they switched to academies which is not successful, the teachers have a problem with communicating with parents beforehand and are not pro-active at all, the children dont have any respect, and there is not enough supervision. It makes you wonder if they are learning anything at all. If you dont have a self motivated student then you are in trouble because the teachers do more criticizing than motivating and encouraging the child to reach their fullest potential. The atmosphere that exists at present is certaintly not condusive to learning. I cant wait until my child moves on into high school.

Posted January 28, 2009
Im a parent who child attends JCY I love it and so does he.For the parents that rated the school low what school did you guys attended because it could be the lack of parent education with all the misspelled words that you guys type incorrectly.It dont all comes from school it has to start at home also then your child cant and will not be mislead by others.So parents lets get involve with your childs future as well as the teachers to not only help your child but help you also,its call PTA.My son academic grades are excellent and he is a member of the gentlemens club,football team, basketball, and will be track too,now top that i love JCY

Posted July 11, 2008
I am an 8th grade student (2008-2009) at JCY and it has been a wonderful learning experience for me. I am also a cheerleader at this school and the organization is great!! For all of you parents who say your children's grades dropped, maybe its your child's fault. Yes, there are distractions, but there are distractions in every school. I have been a straight A student since I started school and have straight As even at Young Middle School. The principal and the teachers are great!! I recommend this school to anyone who wants a good public school experience!!

Posted July 11, 2008

Posted August 23, 2007
JCY is not a school for any student that wants to learn and be taught. I am an active father with my son attending this non school. His academics went from challenge to joke. The teachers were more concerned with calling for lost books by my son but not about the his status and conduct throughout the year. I was not only available at all times but was there on-stie trying to develop a rapport with the faculty. The 6th grade was a joke but has been corrected. If you do not care about success then sent them there. I took my son out and to a school that has concerned teachers.

Posted November 26, 2006
My child went to this school for 3 years and I have to admit that this was the biggest mistake of my life. The teachers had a don't care attitude. The principal wasn't any better. I strongly urge you that if you are deciding to send your child to this school..think twice or even three times about it.

Young Middle School
3116 Benjamin E Mays Dr SW, Atlanta, GA  30311
Last modified Young Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Young Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top