Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The principal has been very friendly and welcoming every time I have visited the school.

This school has improved by leaps and bounds over the last 4 years, and I am thrilled with the hard work that Principal Johnson has put in. I am also grateful for all of the parents that have worked so hard to make these things happen. I have not contributed as I would like to, but many parents have. I have a Class of 2016 senior and a Class of 2020 rising freshman for the 2016-2017 school year. I just attended a meeting for the rising freshman and can only say "what a difference! " So much more organized and positive. While I can't say every thing is exactly perfect, I don't think I will find a school where it is. However, my child has taken rigorous classes, participated in a fabulous dance program, and been a member of the academic decathlon team in it's first 2 years in existence. I am proud to say that team beat Grady and North Atlanta high schools this year and went to state. At state, they came in 8th out of 22. Last year they came in 16th out of about 24. This is excellent considering the other schools have had AD teams for years and knew what to expect. The school now has 26 boys and girls sports and over 40 clubs. If a student is interested in starting a club, the school supports it. There is also a garden at the school and the kids are working hard to get certified to use the food in the school cafeteria and provide it to the community. They have learned so much in this process, about food, nutrition, gardening, and how to work the bureaucracy to make things happen!

Develops character: Neutral

This year will be my daughters first year so I can't really answer that question

The renovations are great and they are on the rise. I wasn't expecting such courtesy and professionalism but I was honestly blown away. I'm hoping this going to be a great school year!

This school is horrible they do not respect parents what so ever DO NOT listen to these other reviews because they are all lies that are written by the principal.

I am actually a student who attend Jackson and my school is an awesome school we have newly renovated school. Teachers are more concern than before. My mother can come and talk to the principal with no problem and the principal gives her great responses. The curricular there is phenomenal during and after school. Our ballet department is great, the chorus is wonderful and the band is magnificent.

The teachers and principal are much concerned about the students and the level they are on . We hope to get the coaches and atheletic director on board to have the students working as brothers on the field as well as in their studies.

The graduation coaches are encouraging and give excellent suggestions as to how a student can improve on their academics to be prepared for college. The new principal is very involved and as a parent I enjoy working with her. There could be more parent participation in PTA meetings and activities.

Maynard Jackson, you are getting the best principal. Mrs. Johnson is so good at her job. Your parents, teachers, and students will love her!!! If you want to be the best, you chose the right principal.

You are getting a great principal. Your scores will not be low for long. She knows how to push students and teachers to succeed beyond anything they imagined. Mrs. Johnson is the best principal we have ever worked with, and I know she is going to do the same for you.

Last modified Maynard H. Jackson- Jr. High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.