Atlanta, GA
Students enrolled: 1,688

North Atlanta High School 1

Posted June 26, 2015
It's drug ridden and infected with racism and staff drama- precisely 4 teachers a grade care the rest sit and take naps

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted June 11, 2015
My daugter was made to walk to the CVS after a game while trying to wait for me. The game just let out and I live 2 minutes away. The other students of a difference race were able to stay and wait for their parents.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 11, 2015
My daughter says it is very divided. She said that the administrators are rude to the black students and the halls are very divided.

North Atlanta High School 3

Posted June 11, 2015
It is an ok. school. I agree with some of the other reviews. If your child is not in an honor class or of a lighter color, the teachers and staff are rude. My child is very mannerable and smart young lady and I have NEVER recieved a complaint. Some of the comments that a few teachers made were unacceptable. She and another black student were asked to leave from in front of the school while waiting for me to pick her up after a game. (I live 2 minutes from the school) while a white student was okayed to continue to wait. She said the school is very segregated within the wall of what parents don't see. I just advise her to make the best of it.

Posted June 22, 2014
My child just graduated from North Atlanta High School and was admitted (early decision) to one of the top public universities in this country. I think that says it all.

Posted May 31, 2014
We love the North Atlanta High School community -- wonderful students, parents, teachers, coaches and a beautiful new facility.

Posted May 14, 2014
My son is in the IB Program at NAHS. It is definitely challenging but I never hear him complain. Not only do his teachers know him well, but also most of the staff at NAHS . He has thrived in the busy environment and has time for after school activities. I look forward to having my younger child go there because NAHS continues to improve every year!

Posted May 14, 2014
This school is a hidden gem in the already strong Northern Cluster of schools. The principal weaknesses are the APS administration and the historic lack of breadth in parental involvement. Those two deficiencies are being addressed, thanks to a new school board and Superintendent, and a terrifically-engaged core group of parents who are changing the paradigm around parental involvement. I believe our child will be very well prepared for life after high school because of our decision to send her here. The teachers are fantastic as a whole. If your child wants and needs an engaging school experience, this is a very good option.

Posted May 14, 2014
I am a parent of two children who have been in the aps northern cluster of schools since they started kindergarten. We have been very pleased with each of the schools, North Atlanta in particular. The teachers are wondetful and my children are thriving. I feel they will be well prepared for college and beyond, especially in the ib program. The parents are all dedicated and spend numeroes hours helping at school. We, as a community, are fortunate to have North Atlanta in our cluster .

Posted May 14, 2014
I have 2 kids that are taking AP and IB Diploma Program courses. There is plenty of rigor to be found at North Atlanta. There is a niche for every type of learner and every type of personality. It's a large public school so come with a positive attitude and roll up your sleeves to help make it better and better. I'm an involved parent, so if a concern arises, I address it quickly and in a positive manner. I think that's the key to a satisfactory experience at any school. APS is making major changes downtown so that bodes well for our future. Another good sign is that my kids enjoy their school despite the ups and downs that APS has created for us. It's really all about the teachers---we have so many great ones. The kids will attest to that. I do think we need more administrative support though. Our big campus could use more staff!

4111 Northside Pkwy. NW, Atlanta, GA  30327
Last modified North Atlanta High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Atlanta High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top