Centennial Place Elementary School

Public | K-5

Posted March 29, 2010

I waited in long lines, in cold weather to get out of district permission for my daughter to attend CPE. I would do it again. She has received top notch teaching and acquired a love for learning. The success of schools in general and students in particular is no mere accident. It is my experience that the success of a school is in direct correlation to the involvement of parents with the same. Simply, we get out of it what we put into it. While I have done some volunteering I have surely not done as much as others, yet the school gives my daughter the benefit as if I had. A great great school. If I am blessed with more children I hope they will attend CPE.

Posted December 7, 2009

I wish I had anotherchoice.Staff are rude and talk down to parents as if they are children. I feel judged each time I walk through the doors. I am a single working parent. I am unfortunately not available to visit the school and establish the close or somewhat personal relationships that some parents have. I would love to be more involved as a parent at the school , but my life does not afford me with this opportunity. I am extremely attentive to my children's needs and schoolwork . However I get the feeling that teachers and administrators may think otherwise. Further I have concerns with my child retaining lessons or not repsonding well to the curriculum. My child was an A/B student prior to arriving and now seems to constantly struggle. I'm looking for more options before it's too late.

Posted June 7, 2009

I absoutely love this school. This is a great school .My child is now in the 1st grade. She did very well in kindergarten the staff is wounderful.

Posted March 11, 2009

I am an active parent at CPE and I must say that the school is great. I have been extremely pleased with the level of instruction my children have received from Centennial. The school is full of wonderful resources that provide wonderful opportunities for the kids. The principal is always engaged in the learning and is an active part of the school. I have received high quality teachers every year for the last four years. The teachers are alays there to help assist during tutoing afterschool or before school. I love the fact my child attends a year round school and has an opportunity to have breaks throughout the year. CPE is not my zone school. I waited in long lines to get my child there and I am committed to making the school a success. I encourage all parents to send their child to CPE, it is top notch!

Posted February 20, 2009

I have a daughter in the kindergarten at CPE and I am so glad that I opted for the administrative transfer to get her at CPE. Being a former teacher and schooled in the parochial/private school system, I can say that this is one of the best school. Parents and children can get out of it what you as a parent decide to put into it. My daughter succeeds with the help of the awsome teachers/administration and I working with each other for the betterment of my daughter. Keep up the great work CPE!

Posted February 3, 2009

This school is the worse school that you could bring your child to. The children are terrible and the administration is the worse. They have no idea on how to handle discipline. The school is only concerned with text scores, not the students.

Posted January 27, 2009

My two kids attended from K through 3rd. I was very impressed with all the classes and special programs this school had to offer. We moved after my husband received his PHD to the subburbs. We miss having spanish, technology, and orchestra. We found the teachers to be wonderful; some of the kids were difficult to control but all in all, we were very pleased with the staff and all the funding this school receives.

Posted January 18, 2009

I personally went to this school from 2nd grade and graduated from the 5th grade in 2002. It was the greatest experience of my life, the teachers were excellent; they worked with me and my mom to make sure I did great in areas I struggled in. They also offered me a free tutor from the CocaCola building across the street to help me with math and liturature; two subjects that I excel in to this day. I aslo made childhood friends that I'm still in touch with now. I absolutly loved Centennial Place Elm. and you should definatly consider bringing your child there :]

Posted January 17, 2009

I too have had a wonderful experience at Centennial Place. My daughter has been at Centennial Place since Kindergarten, and she is now in the second grade where she continues to excel. She did a phenomenal job on her statewide tests, and is in the gifted program. Her teachers have been there challenging her, and more importantly, encouraging and reassuring her. I really can't express how happy I am with her teachers! . They show a genuine concern for their students, and are always ready and willing to address any concerns, as well as provide parents with additional information and resources to further enhance the students' educational activities outside of school. Another thing that I truly appreciate is the 'sense of family' at Centennial Place.

Posted October 12, 2008

WOW! I am surprised by some of the reviews. My daughter is in second grade and have been a student for two years. Her teachers have been FANTASTIC and demanding. My daughter is doing fantastic and has ace'd her statewide standardized test and is now labled a gifted student just like her older sister and brother who attended private schools. I think any childs success is a combination of teachers, parents and environments, NOT just the teacher. One last comment, my son and daughter ran into kid drama at school including having their lunch stolen at the PRIVATE school they attended. They survived and learned to keep track of their items and fight thru the legitimate channels to make school work for them.

Posted October 10, 2008

This school gets zero stars from me period!The students have behavioral problems that cause the students who want to learn to be punished!My daughter who is in 4th grade packs her lunch daily .Today someone stole her lunch right in the class room ! She starved! The curriculum is not acceptable for her grade level in fact her math class is two years behind other local schools.And to top it all off the teachers will give them all an F if the class cant control themselves!This is my daughters first and last year she is a very bright child and I want to keep her that way! Please parents think twice b4 sending your child to this school!

Posted February 17, 2008

It's a great school with caring, dedicated teachers. I'm proud to be an Atlantan!

Posted November 2, 2007

I agree with the parent that commented about the suspension if you child has some behavioral concerns. I understand the importance of academic excellence, but life creates other challenges for some people. Centennial in my opinion, is a political school that bases' its reputation on the socioeconomic status of its parents. If you have money, as one parent stated that she came from a private school; then yes Centennial Place is the school for your child.

Posted October 5, 2007

Centennial Place is a great school. The new principal, Alison Shelton, is dedicated to academic excellence. She is invested in both the students and the teachers. Her commitment to her teachers is shown by her desire to provide quality professional development. She knows that the best intervention is a well trained teacher! I have seen her target a problem and through the use of diagnostics, teacher feedback and student achievement create a balanced intervention geared to promote student success. Centennial Place is a great place to be a student!

Posted September 28, 2007

Centennial Place is a great school. My child has been attending the school for 2 years and he loves it! If your child is going to the 4th Grade next year, ask he/she be placed in Dr. Stinson's class. Dr. Stinson is a fabulous teacher and all of her students loved her last year. My child, now in the 5th Grade, was in her class last year and it was a great experience for us and for him. When your child goes to 5th grade, make sure he/she is in Mrs. Pierce's class because she is very disciplined but is fun. I hope you take my advice.

Posted July 12, 2007

This shool is a great school. My child has attended this school for three years, and the teachers and staff are great. I would like to thank CPE for giving my child the education and knowledge to repair her for the next level.

Posted March 28, 2007

My child has attended Centennial for three years now and I find the teachers and staff well qualified and pleasant. However, the behavioral problems at every grade level cancel out any of the good qualities of the school. The students that are there to learn are cheated out of a good education by those who are not. I'm seriously considering moving my child to another school in the fall.

Posted June 9, 2006

Extremely disappointed in the quality of academic programs. If you are entering this school from a private school, this facility has no place for you in the K-1st grade sect. 'Challenge' begins at 2nd grade. So if you have a young advanced learner, this school does not provide a good transitional opportunity and I felt alienated as the parent when I sought additional educational options for my child.

Posted February 27, 2006

Great well-rounded curriculum. The teachers and administration are involved in the success of the children. Very active PTA/parents!

Posted August 23, 2005

Great school academicly, but too concerned about upholding school standards to really take time with the children. If your child has any behavior issues you may as well find another school because they don't offer any help, just suspension.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

96 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

98 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

96 students were tested at this school in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

83 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

82 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

82 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

64 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

63 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

64 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

63 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
PE instructor(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Kitchen

Gifted & talented

• Gifted specialist(s)
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Tutor(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options

School culture

• Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom