Atlanta, GA

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 25, 2015
Centennial Teachers are effective, proactive and very innovative. I appreciate their passion and dedication to developing the "total" student.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 25, 2015
Centennial gives alot of homework, BUT we live in a global economy now and our children need math, social studies, reading, science, enrichment daily. Parent participation is required. Parents don't disengage on your responsibility - ENGAGE and tag team with the Teachers !!!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 25, 2015
Centennial's daily activities in the class room and STEM events promote persistence, grit, determination and a "I CAN DO IT" attitude.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 25, 2015
Centennial develops respect in the students by first developing the students self-esteem and respect for themselves. AMAZING !

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 25, 2015
Teachers lead and develop compassion by example. Positive reinforcements are given to the students instead of scolding, because some students are not receiving this instruction at home. It is phenomenal that Centennial promotes compassion, caring, and empathy in this environment.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 25, 2015
The Centennial Academy Student Mission - HERO, encourages and rewards students that display behavior of honesty, integrity and fairness.

Posted June 25, 2015
I am a single mom without any family here in Atlanta. Centennial Academy has been a phenomenal experience for me. My son has attended Centennial since Kindergarten. He is now going into the 2nd grade. The Principal, Asst Principals, and Teachers are ALL AMAZING. I love the family-feel of everyone there. The faculty is always willing to help and bend backwards to guide and assist me. I have carefully observed the Teachers interacting with my son and other students and they treat the children as if these precious beings are their own. The curriculum and STEM programs are AMAZING. At times the homework can be alot for a 1st grader lol, but it is all worth it. One more thing - the morning yoga for the kids is so innovative and really helps get the wiggles out of them before class. The YMCA After-school next door has also been a life-saver for me. If you are a single mom without any family here in Atlanta . . .I STRONGLY RECOMMEND you enroll your "bundle of joy" into this school asap and make sure you attend the Parent Teacher Meetings - these meetings are so insightful.

Posted June 01, 2015
Teachers are very enthusiasm and nice, my family like the school, thank you so much.

Posted March 25, 2015
CPE has been great my daughter has been a student since Kindergarden she now in the 4th grade. Sure there have been some problems, but overall the school and staff has been fantastic .

Centennial Place Elementary School 1

Posted March 22, 2015
Even as a parent I can't recall a good time I have had throughout the whole charter school experience. My oldest daughter who is currently in the 6th grade is constantly harassed about her uniform and her social friends. I feel they are too worried about simple things of that sort. I am sick of the phone calls I continually receive on daily basis about those silly subjects. Not only that I don't feel my youngest or oldest child is receiving the right education. Instead of them calling me about uniforms they should be calling me every time my child receives a low grade or having trouble understanding something. My oldest usually never has problems with her work, but she is this year. They provided tutorial sessions for her which I feel has helped tremendously, but there should be no such reason why she or any other student should have to attend if the teachers do their jobs to the fullest. Maybe if they were not constantly sending children to the office through the day about non-black shoes or a non-gray jacket. It should be completely irrelevant to their education. If you plan on sending your child here for middle school you might NEED to look at another school.

531 Luckie St NW, Atlanta, GA  30313
Last modified Centennial Place Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centennial Place Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top