Atlanta, GA

Centennial Place Elementary School 4

Posted May 22, 2014
My daughter is nearing the end of her first year at CPE. Overall, we have been pleased. Our child's reading and math skills have soared since she started. We are headed into first grade and will be joining the gifted program in the fall. I am looking forward to another wonderful year at Centennial Place Academy.

Centennial Place Elementary School 3

Posted April 27, 2014
Converting to Charter school status will ruin this school. The best teachers are leaving - Our wonderful Assistant Principal, Ms. Reilly is leaving. So is the counselor, our awesome orchestra teacher, and most of the best! Over half of my child's teachers are leaving this school! I am worried about the quality of instruction when most of the remaining teachers have less than 5 years teaching experience! My ratings are for the current teachers.

Posted January 06, 2014
Our son has been enrolled at Centennial Place Elementary since 1st grade and we love this school. The parents and teachers are very involved, our son excels in the enrichment programs, the curriculum is challenging, and a major plus is that the YMCA is basically connected to the school and has a decent afterschool program.

Posted November 04, 2013
Centennial Place Elementary is a wonderful school! The faculty and staff are great and very involved not only in the classroom, but with the total well-being of their students. I've had two children to graduate from Centennial already, and I have a current third grader there now. She absolutely loves it, and so do I. I can't say enough great things about Centennial Place Elementary. Keep up the good work!

Posted November 01, 2013
As a parent I am very please with the staff and the school. They have made this made it easy to want and to look for to the conversion to a charter school. I feel as though they have put several programs into place to help our children to meet the common core standards that has been set by the state. I love that they has tutorial for children when they are stuggling with certain subjects within the classroom. I love that they also remediate with the students during intersession when they are struggling in certain areas. Centennial Place is the perfect school for my child. If anyone is looking for a school of excellance then Centennial Place Elementary is the perfect school for you.

Centennial Place Elementary School 1

Posted October 30, 2013
It is amazing that I am having the SAME issues that past parents have had. My child has been bullied. Ms. Scott literally through the sign in book at me when I came to pick my daughter up early on 10/29/2013. I have been on the receiving end of her biases behavior toward certain parents. When I first came there 2 years ago she referred to certain kids as bad and low income. Yes, these were children whom she had never met; but yet judged them and said they were being bused over. She did not know I lived in that neighborhood. Some of the teachers there have that same biases attitude. Ms. Crump who is a kindergarten teacher is one. They have alot of nerve to discriminate against parents and children because of socioeconomic factors like they have gold bars lying around. Ms.Riley is a sweet lady who works there and helped me with the bullying my child was experiencing. They need to get it together.com. Judge and you will be judged.

Centennial Place Elementary School 1

Posted September 17, 2013
This is truth. My son attended this school briefly. Upon visiting the school I realized this was not the place a child is nurtured. At least in the classroom I visited. Behavior problems are rampant. It seemed like the teacher was apathetic. Certain classes are dimly lit and the school is poorly managed. The staff was unaware or showed not interest. My child was bullied and a chosen few children are pushed by staff to succeed. I believe witches are running this school. Pray for the children who attend centennial.

Centennial Place Elementary School 4

Posted July 26, 2013
Centennial has an abundance of programs to offer each child. Everything from after-school clubs to intersession programs like Architecture, Urban Gardening, Boys & Girl Scouts, Technology Club, Girls on the Run & League of Extraordinary Gentleman. They also have partnerships with GA Tech, Coca Cola and the GA Aquarium that add exposure, enrichment, and programs to our children's lives both socially and academically. Lets not forget to mention Art, Orchestra/Band & Spanish. Some of which my son has participated in. Not only do they have these awesome programs but the teachers are dedicated and knowledgeable in their respective subjects. In my 5 years of parental involvement the teachers my son have had and those that I observe are a great asset to the children's academic and social development. They challenge him in areas where he is strong and develop & provide us with tools to strengthen areas that need improvement.

Posted June 24, 2013
This is a great school! There are so many additional experiences for students beyond your run of the mill education. My son has enjoyed learning about recycling and how it affects our future. He has learned how to use an ipad and also works on an Apple Mac weekly. He has improved his reading with the morning extra readings that they are allowed to do in the classroom before school starts. I would highly recommend CPE - and we have as a matter of fact.

Posted June 18, 2013
Both my daughter and I had a great experience at Centennial. She is now a rising 10th grader and has mentioned more than once that her CPE experience and education prepared her to be tremendously successful in her academic endeavors. No school is perfect but I can say that the principal, teachers and parents worked very hard to ensure that students at every level had the opportunity to receive an excellent education. One school is not the answer for every child/family that is clear from some of the comments. However, I encourage you to consider Centennial Place Elementary and see for yourself. Lastly, no matter where you are: stay connected, get involved and do whatever you can to make the experience great for you and your family.

Centennial Place Elementary School
531 Luckie St NW, Atlanta, GA  30313
Last modified Centennial Place Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centennial Place Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top