9-12|Private
1,116 students

Bad
Good

I am a student at Saint Pius and I had a terrible experience. I came from a public school and all the others came from a private feeder school, so they already had their friends. Nobody wanted to branch out to make new friends and just stayed in their little groups and then the most popular kids from each school become friends. Popularity is based on Money and Attractiveness. I am considering leaving to go back to Public School

I attended 4 years of high school at SPX. Loved it. Great teachers, faculty and staff. The best Math and Science teachers. Language, Drama, Art, and Music classes were wonderful. Many friends attended SPX who were not Catholic. Religion classes included history of Catholicism, and the comparative study of other religions. Community service was a class requirement. There were extra guidance classes to help choose a college that fit your future goals and move through the college application process. All told, I enjoyed it, and SPX prepared me for Georgia Tech.

The past 4 years have been absolutely wonderful at St. Pius X! We are sad to see it come to an end, however we plan to apply there for our youngest son because we want him to have the opportunity his sister received. This school is very diverse in it's student body and was very welcoming to my daughter who is not only ethnic but came from a public school. Our entire family is very involved in the school and we are welcomed and encouraged on all levels. The education is excellent and competitive with other private schools. Pius has an excellent reputation of preparing their students for college. My daughter often says, some of the nicest and most supportive people she has ever met are at Pius and she often brags about the fact that there is NO bullying issues at the school. I believe the people who say they "had" to leave, is because they can't manage the rigor of the course work and the expectations for exemplary behavior. IT IS GREAT TO BE A GOLDEN LION!!

As a former student, I did not have an pleasant experience at this school. Although education and sports were actually really impressive for a Caholic High School, the social scene was pretty horrid. Diversity is rare at this school and since I was of a different ethnic background, I was often bullied or treated as an outcast. The only way to make "friends" at this school was if you were either white, rich, athletic, thin, or just happened to attend the same former middle school with some kids. However, teachers are very friendly but there are some (but not many) that play favorites and if your not on that list, then expect an uncomfortable class environment. Overall, this is a good but not great school for academics and sports...student body is just frightening.

I am a rising junior at St. Pius and absolutely love it. It's a difficult school academically but I believe that is a great thing because we are leaving prepared for college. The principal Mr. Spellman is one of the kindest and greatest people I have ever met. Recently I lost my phone at school and went to him to ask if any teacher had turned it in. He stopped what he was doing and helped me to look all over the school! He even let me look thorough the faculty lost and found. He is just an all around great guy. At Pius there is a balance of good and bad teachers, just like any other school. But what truly makes Pius amazing (better than Marist) is the people. Everyone is so friendly. Also the sports are incredible.

I came from a public school, and my dad works here, so I knew most of the faculty. I didn't expect how loving they are, and how the students are open to new members. At my public school, I was the odd guy out with no friends; now, I've got at least fifty. The teachers I have are amazing, squeezing in fun activities at every opportunity. Yeah, if you aren't Catholic,it's kind of confusing, but whatever! The teacher you're bound to get is so loving and can really explain Catholicism for you. It is really easy to communicate with your teachers via email. St. Pius X Catholic High School, keep it up!

I am a former student who came on from public school and felt obligated to leave after my second year. I came in eager to meet new people but was shocked by how many close minded people there were who stuck with their middle school friends. As for sports teams, unless you're a killer athlete or had a sibling who was on the team, it is basically impossible to be seriously involved. The administration and many of the teachers DO know many of the students by name... That is the students who are part of a legacy, have a parent who works there, or are a captain of a sports team. And unfortunately for me I had two different classes where the teachers' bias for certain students affected my grade negatively. Furthermore, the few AP classes I did take neither prepared me for the AP exams nor for the classes in college, for the teachers were more interested in seeing all their students pass with a "3" than actually learn the material. Very few students from Pius go to outstanding schools and truly it's only the ones who entered the school unbelievably intelligent. The majority go to lower level state schools. Do not waste your money on this poor education and experience.

I love this school and I am a student. The teachers are the best and yes we get homework but who cares! The school has a great athletic program and a great principal. I would never want to go to any other school. I love the excellent teachers as well.

Love, Love, Love this school and everything it stands for. Absolutely awesome Principal who REALLY cares and a faculty that enjoys making high school a rewarding and enriching experience for all the kids. I have 3 kids currently enrolled and would not have them anywhere else. I really like the fact that Pius has challenges just like every other school. If you look for a high school environment that is devoid of challenges then you need to home school only. It's not the challenges (smoking, drugs, promiscuity, cheating, drinking, etc.) that Pius and all schools face it's how you decide to address them. I think Pius is diligent without being overbearing and constructive as well as firm and fair. Like any high school, you need to get involved to have a great experience. There is lots to get involved in and kids are strongly encouraged to do so. Great School, no matter how you look at it.

I have two children attending St. Pius and would not have them go anywhere else. My daughter has made friends of all races and religions at Pius. She is a slightly overweight, beautiful and outgoing girl who is a member of the drama club, the debate team and she is an Eucharistic Minister for masses held at the school. She strives to be the best student that she can and the teachers at this school have helped her every step of the way. My son does not play sports at the school, nor is he considered a scholar, but as a freshman he does well in his studies and if he has any questions or concerns his teachers have gone out of their way to set up study times with him before or after school. They go above and beyond to make sure these kids are ready to take on college. The parental involvement is incredible and there is always someone willing to lend a hand. Is sending them to St. Pius a sacrifice? You bet, but it s worth every penny, and if you have the opportunity please check the school out, I know you ll like what you see.

Last modified St Pius X Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12