Posted May 26, 2014
I am a rising junior at St. Pius and absolutely love it. It's a difficult school academically but I believe that is a great thing because we are leaving prepared for college. The principal Mr. Spellman is one of the kindest and greatest people I have ever met. Recently I lost my phone at school and went to him to ask if any teacher had turned it in. He stopped what he was doing and helped me to look all over the school! He even let me look thorough the faculty lost and found. He is just an all around great guy. At Pius there is a balance of good and bad teachers, just like any other school. But what truly makes Pius amazing (better than Marist) is the people. Everyone is so friendly. Also the sports are incredible.

Posted November 13, 2013
I came from a public school, and my dad works here, so I knew most of the faculty. I didn't expect how loving they are, and how the students are open to new members. At my public school, I was the odd guy out with no friends; now, I've got at least fifty. The teachers I have are amazing, squeezing in fun activities at every opportunity. Yeah, if you aren't Catholic,it's kind of confusing, but whatever! The teacher you're bound to get is so loving and can really explain Catholicism for you. It is really easy to communicate with your teachers via email. St. Pius X Catholic High School, keep it up!

St Pius X Catholic High School 1

Posted November 04, 2013
I am a former student who came on from public school and felt obligated to leave after my second year. I came in eager to meet new people but was shocked by how many close minded people there were who stuck with their middle school friends. As for sports teams, unless you're a killer athlete or had a sibling who was on the team, it is basically impossible to be seriously involved. The administration and many of the teachers DO know many of the students by name... That is the students who are part of a legacy, have a parent who works there, or are a captain of a sports team. And unfortunately for me I had two different classes where the teachers' bias for certain students affected my grade negatively. Furthermore, the few AP classes I did take neither prepared me for the AP exams nor for the classes in college, for the teachers were more interested in seeing all their students pass with a "3" than actually learn the material. Very few students from Pius go to outstanding schools and truly it's only the ones who entered the school unbelievably intelligent. The majority go to lower level state schools. Do not waste your money on this poor education and experience.

Posted February 11, 2013
I love this school and I am a student. The teachers are the best and yes we get homework but who cares! The school has a great athletic program and a great principal. I would never want to go to any other school. I love the excellent teachers as well.

Posted May 04, 2012
Love, Love, Love this school and everything it stands for. Absolutely awesome Principal who REALLY cares and a faculty that enjoys making high school a rewarding and enriching experience for all the kids. I have 3 kids currently enrolled and would not have them anywhere else. I really like the fact that Pius has challenges just like every other school. If you look for a high school environment that is devoid of challenges then you need to home school only. It's not the challenges (smoking, drugs, promiscuity, cheating, drinking, etc.) that Pius and all schools face it's how you decide to address them. I think Pius is diligent without being overbearing and constructive as well as firm and fair. Like any high school, you need to get involved to have a great experience. There is lots to get involved in and kids are strongly encouraged to do so. Great School, no matter how you look at it.

Posted October 20, 2011
I have two children attending St. Pius and would not have them go anywhere else. My daughter has made friends of all races and religions at Pius. She is a slightly overweight, beautiful and outgoing girl who is a member of the drama club, the debate team and she is an Eucharistic Minister for masses held at the school. She strives to be the best student that she can and the teachers at this school have helped her every step of the way. My son does not play sports at the school, nor is he considered a scholar, but as a freshman he does well in his studies and if he has any questions or concerns his teachers have gone out of their way to set up study times with him before or after school. They go above and beyond to make sure these kids are ready to take on college. The parental involvement is incredible and there is always someone willing to lend a hand. Is sending them to St. Pius a sacrifice? You bet, but it s worth every penny, and if you have the opportunity please check the school out, I know you ll like what you see.

Posted October 17, 2011
St. Piux X Catholic High School is an excellent school from the principal, the faculty, the facilities and the students. This is a caring, supportive and academically challenging school that wants their students to be successful in high school and beyond. The communication from the school and faculty is clear and responsive to any questions. My son is very happy to be at St. Pius and oftens thanks us for sending him to this school. How often does that happen? He feels a part of the school community and wants to participate with the clubs and service projects. This school is wonderful and I highly recommend it.

Posted May 02, 2011
Two of the primary reasons I chose St. Pius for my daughter is because of the diversity-racially, socio-economically, etc. and because of the challenging coursework. Additionally, the tuition at St. Pius is one of the lowest, if not the lowest, for private high schools in Atlanta and they offer financial aid for those in need. They also offer scholarships-my daughter has received 3-two for academics and 1 for the arts. As a single mom who receives no child support, this was very appealing. My daughter is one of 27 Protestants in a class of 270, and that has never been an issue. She is not thin or on an athletic team. She is beautiful (inside and out), shy, and academic and loves SPX. She has been in the band program (marching and symphonic) for 3 years, as well as in several other clubs. The offerings are amazing. Their arts program is wonderful and the athletic program is top notch. Parents are very involved...I am very involved and I work full-time. It is a very welcoming, nurturing environment...it feels like family. The principal and leadership at the school are amazing and they know teenagers. I would highly recommend this school to anyone...you won't be sorry.

St Pius X Catholic High School 1

Posted January 12, 2011
I agree that the school is sorely lacking in diversity. If you are not white and mostly thin, then you are on a sports team or at another school.

St Pius X Catholic High School 0

Posted October 09, 2010
I love this school. It is amazing!

St Pius X Catholic High School
2674 Johnson Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA  30345
Last modified St Pius X Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St Pius X Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top