PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

There are some very good teachers, however there are equally as many mediocre teachers. Overall, that dilutes what could be an outstanding education.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework is often unclear. Some teachers provide a clear understanding of the workload, while others tell you so far after the fact, it's irrelevant to the subject.

OLA's has a singular approach to teaching. If your child does not respond to that approach, it is your problem. There are several very good teachers, but equally as many mediocre teachers. Few teachers are proactive about communicating with the parents, and when communication does occur, its a paper exercise. The teachers rarely follow through on things that they tell the parent they will do. When challenged, you will hear the same thing... There are 28-29 children per class, so do not ask for your child to get individual attention. We had one teacher who literally did not realize our child was struggling in a subject until third quarter, and her only response was, "I wonder why that is happening?"

My twin boys will be new kindergardeners to OLA this coming school year 2013/14. My husband and I decided to put the in the short summer school program that is available. We thought I would help our kids adjust and get comfortable with their surroundings. We are so happy about our decision. The staff that we have met so far have been kind and attentive to the kids. I truely feel that the structureed environment that is provided will help my boys flourish. Sincerly, a mother who loves her kids.

We could not be more happy with this wonderful school. We have three children curretly attending and it has been the answer to our prayers.

This school is very good and has a lot of potential. The worse it had was its principal, but she has been replaced fortunately. Hopefully the new principal will be more respectful to parents. One thing that shocks me is the little science that is taught at this school. I understand that it is a catholic school, but at the end of the day disciplines like science, technology, engineering, physics and medicine is what drives the world forward. I have never heard of science fairs and the all female staff is only interested in Arts and languages which is what they better understand. Please add more to the science curriculum.

Great school academicaly! However, every year seems to be some questionable admissions stories (siblings not accepted without any logical reasoning). Administration staff is also, not good communicators / follow upers on the issues rised.

MY GRANDSON IS NEW TO OUR LADY OF THE ASSUMPTION CATHOLIC SCHOOL AND IS VERY HAPPY

Such wonderful teacher . guidance education in this world so important .

Last modified Our Lady Of The Assumption Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8