Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School

Private | K-8

Living in Atlanta

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $186,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $880.

Sweep tile

Posted June 22, 2013

There are so many wonderful attributes of IHM school and we are glad to be part of the community. The teachers truly know each child and can speak to their individual strengths and guide the child and parents in areas of improvement. The school aims to develop children holistically by focusing on academics, spirituality, and morality. A special bonus is the amazing librarian, Mrs. Wilson, who knows how to spark the love of reading in the students. We could not ask for a better environment for our children, they enjoy going to school and have thrived. Having evaluated several Catholic schools, we know we made a great choice in IHM.

Posted June 9, 2013

This is a fantastic school! We moved from out of state and knew very little about schools in Atlanta. We did a lot of research and touring and ended up choosing IHM . The school provides the perfect balance of rigorous academics and a family friendly environment . Our son needed help with reading but excelled at math- the teachers have provided plenty of extra reading support And challenged him in math. Art, Spanish, music programs are great as well! I can't say enough good things about IHM school.

Posted May 15, 2012

Nice. Great but very expenisve but worth it. Go to this school and tell others to go too.

Posted February 14, 2012

I am so glad to finally have gotten my children into this school. Even after having experienced the public school gifted program with both children, this school provides an awesome challenge. The public schools merely "teach the test" and don't really concern themselves with any sort of achievement beyond that. At IHM, achievement goes beyond test scores and the whole child is developed. Ethics and morals are rewarded right along with academics. The Dekalb County gifted program is a real joke. IHM is not.

Posted October 18, 2011

I attended IHM from 5th-8th grade and I loved it. I had experienced public school and 1 other private Catholic school before IHM and my experience here was unforgettable. There is something about the community that welcomed my single mother and I with open arms. Also, I have the same exact best friends since 5th grade (I am 2 years out of college). I attended St. Pius and there was a common saying that "IHM kids stay friends". Not that we didn't branch out in high school, but there was always that bond between us no matter what.

Posted September 1, 2011

The school has a close knot, family type of environment where all the families seem to know one another. The teachers are very engaged and student focused and classroom staffing is optimal. Also, the parents are very engaged in the children's school work and other activities going on in the school including volunteering. Overall, a first-class organization--highly recommended.

Posted August 31, 2011

I have 2 children at IHM and another at a public school. This child needs extra help to suceed at school. IHM is still our family school for all 3 children. The youngest is loved and welcomed back to the school for extra activities-boy scouts, basketball, library useage... The older two recieve a qaulity education that is wrapped up in love and support. Could not be more pleased with IHM!

Posted June 6, 2011

As far as academics the school is great! They have good teachers who truely care about the students. Your child will not be lost but may be lonely. Students tend to be clickish which makes it hard for others to fit-in or feel welcomed. Lack of diversity could also be a significant contributor to this outcome.

Posted May 13, 2010

I love the teachers and staff and the success of the students!

Posted May 13, 2010

My children had a wonderful educational experience as students at IHM. Our family has been supported and nurtured as members of the school community.

Posted March 10, 2010

Good teachers, nice families, but classes are too large and administration weak (communication, poorly handles issues, favoritism to some families, etc..). Every year seems to be some questionable admissions stories (letting in non-Catholics ahead of Catholics, siblings or children of alumni not accepted but do fine at other schools, etc.).

Posted February 3, 2010

I have 1 students currently enrolled and another student who graduated last year after attending from K-8th. My family loves this school. My children receive/ed a wonderful education by qualified teachers who care about their students. The religious instruction adds to the loving enviroment. I highly recommend this school.

Posted November 9, 2009

IHM has been given the designation of a Blue Ribbon School. Only 50 schools nationwide received this designation this year. Outstanding community, leadership, extra-curricular activities, parental involvement and the best teachers! My sons have blossomed while attending this school.

Posted December 27, 2008

Great School. Children learn values along with a great education.

Posted January 3, 2008

IHM is a BIG Family! It does not matter if you are a visiting family for future attendance or if your child has been accepted, you will feel the warmth and love that is shared here. You can't just about this feeling, you must experience it to see what I am referenring to. We feel really fortunate that our children are part of this school. Parent involvement is incredible, I must say, that I a couple of times I have not been able to volunteer due to the fact that there were more parents than jobs. They have a great before school & after school program. The Principal, staff and teachers truly care for the children and the families. There is a big focus on Christian values and making sure that the kids do THEIR best. We highly recommend Immaculate Heart of Mary School.

Posted August 21, 2007

Wonderful school community with 450 kids grades K-8. With every interaction with school staff you can tell that everyone truly cares for the children, their families and the commmuntity. Great before/after school care & summer camp that my child begs for me to let him stay as long as possible. Discipline and respect is encouraged and enforced. Christian instruction adds important life affirming values. Also, the school is affordable for a private school. My child has matured and learned in this wonderful school family. Great parental involvement too!

Posted October 17, 2005

I think school uniforms would be good for students because it would change a lot of things at the school. Behavior too.People would not be wearing what they want to school it is up to the school district.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 8, 2004

I have 1 child that is currently attending ihm, my second child will start this fall. I highly recommend this school...It's not just a school is a great big family. Children are encouraged to do their best. Before and after schools care is offerd along with other activities.

Asian 5% 2%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Atlanta

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2855 Briarcliff Rd NE