K-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Located in Northeast Atlanta, Georgia, Immaculate Heart of Mary School (IHM) is a Catholic school that serves a diverse population of 500 students from Kindergarten through Grade 8. Established in 1958 as a parish school, IHM strives daily to follow its guiding principles of Faith, Knowledge, Service and Integrity.
August 19, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We have two boys at the school;and are very happy with not only the great education, but also the focus on support and character building. The families form close bonds and it feels like a village helping to raise our children.

IHM School provides an excellent and affordable education to families looking for a private school nurtured in the principles of the Catholic faith. The community of parents, teachers, and administrators not only work together to provide an excellent learning environment, but also to educate students in how to be good citizens, neighbors, and friends. We feel blessed everyday to have our children at IHM!

It has been a great experience for our family with a great group of families. My eldest is now at SPX and was extremely well prepared and is doing great there.

We have two children at IHM and we love the school! What initially attracted us to IHM was the sense of community and we have not been disappointed. The teachers and staff are dedicated and loving. My children jump out of the car in the morning, eager to spend another day at IHM. Best decision we have ever made for our family!

I have 3 children at IHM and could not be happier. The teachers are amazing and my kids love going to school every day. The middle school is the perfect size. The community is strong and supportive.

My family has had a fabulous experience at IHM School and I highly recommend it to others who want an affordable, Catholic education for their child. The teachers are so passionate about teaching. They help reinforce personal responsibility and kindness toward others - two things that are very important to my family. We're so happy we chose IHM!

The school is terrible and very money hungry....this was the worst experience i have ever had at a private school. If your not financial sound "rich" forget it. You will not be respected. Instead you will be dismissed as to involved in your child's life. I was told walking my child into the school was "over kill" ! To this day i wish to god i had never delt with this school.

Disappointed. Middle School experience was pure frustration. The "counselor" is clueless when it comes to dealing with children in the adolescence stage. The elementary atmosphere was very professional. You should seriously consider another school for their Middle School Program if you already have a child at IHM. If SPX is your High School goal, you should check into the Middle School at OLA.

IHM is like home. We truly our a family here. The teachers work together to develop lessons that will reach every type of learner. The teachers utilize the Instructional Support teachers to help meet the needs of all students.

I absolutely love Immaculate Heart of Mary. My family came to Atlanta 30 years ago from another country and IHM welcomed us with open arms. My brother and sister both graduated from IHM and they look back at their years at IHM and smile. When my own son began attending IHM, I felt like I was being allowed to re-live my own childhood through his wonderful experiences here at IHM. Now, it's been 5 years and my son will soon be entering MIddle School next year. His teachers have helped my family and I raise my son. He is becoming a well-rounded, intelligent, compassionate young man and I owe it to the school. He wears his IHM emblem on his shirt with pride and it shows. I am forever grateful to this wonderful school. -Proud IHM Parent

Last modified Immaculate Heart Of Mary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8