Posted October 16, 2014
IHM is such a wonderful school that I feel like I won't do it justice in such a short review. This is our fifth year at IHM and we could not be happier. We have had an experience at another Catholic school and the warm and caring atmosphere felt here is like no other. The teachers know our children as well as we do and want the best for each child. If you child is struggling in an area, it is immediately addressed and they are able to work with them in small groups or pull them aside with instructional support teachers. It is amazing how much effort they put into educating our children, spiritually and academically. Our librarian is amazing! The passion that she instills in reading is just unbelievable and my children adore her. The same can be said for our wonderful art teacher. As for the negative review that I just read, I know of that parent and I do believe that schools are not a one-size fits all mold. I have never experienced anything that she has claimed. Teachers here are wonderful communicators and absolutely do not tolerate bullying or inappropriate behavior. IHM is our second family and is the best community anyone could ever hope for in a school. Top notch!

Posted October 15, 2014
My son has been at IHM for over 4 years, I can't fully express how wonderful this school is. Every single faculty member truly cares about each and every child. The teachers and support teachers dedication is above and beyond expectations, they are compassionate, caring and gifted. In addition to this being a great place for your child, you will find an amazing group of parents.

Posted October 15, 2014
My son has been at IHM for 5 years. We are thrilled with this school. It has excellent teachers, a strong administration and great parent involvement. But most of all I love that, with the small size, I know all of the 50 some students in his grade and that these are the same children he will be with from kindergarten to 8th grade. The school focuses on positive relationships and there is just a general kindness. We love our school family.

Posted October 14, 2014
IHM provides a wonderful, caring, Christian environment and my son has thrived here. He's pushed to do his best, and everyone at the school is helping to mold him into a caring, considerate young man. We're so grateful to have a school like this available for our son.

Posted August 25, 2014
IHM is a wonderful school that has it all! The teachers are excellent and very caring. My children loved their time as students and are already planning for the future when their own children will be able to attend. The environment stresses good relationships as well as academics and faith development. My husband and I think that IHM was the best of all possible investments for our children and family.

Posted August 25, 2014
Just what both our kids needed. This is a great school! Our children made great friends and were very well prepared for st. Pius X High School.

Posted July 29, 2014
Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School in Atlanta, Georgia has been a part of my family's life for over 13 years. Both of my children attended K-8 grade and are now in either high school or college. The faculty, staff, parents, and students have become a part of our extended family. Our children have made friends for life. The education is top notch and the teachers are caring and devoted.

Posted July 24, 2014
Immaculate Heart of Mary is a wonderful school. I have 3 children who graduated from IHM and one that is still attending. The environment is warm, caring, genuine and faith-filled. The education the students receive here is top-notch and the teachers are very well qualified. While my children all have different abilities and personalities, each of them has been welcomed with loving arms and a warm smile. The staff and teachers are very helpful and always available whenever I have a question or concern.. I always feel welcome when I go to the school - whether to volunteer in a classroom or to eat lunch with my child. The library at IHM is amazing - it stays open all summer for the students and even has a great summer reading program to encourage them to keep their minds working over the break. My child loves IHM - she begs me to let her stay in the aftercare program just so she can spend more time with her friends. I truly cannot say enough good things about this great school, and I cannot imagine a better place to educate my children intellectually or spiritually or emotionally. IHM is the greatest!

Posted June 26, 2014
This is a fantastic school, and my daughter has thrived here. Each teacher she has had has been very loving, caring, and communicative. The parent community is outstanding as well. As for the negative review of the school, in all of our years at IHM, I have never witnessed or heard such things as described by the parent. "The teachers get good by third grade" is actually an absurd statement, as the second grade students have the highest scoring tests of the entire school. Yes, the class sizes are large, which is the case at all Atlanta Catholic Schools, and it's also why it costs over four times less than other private schools. The school isn't "one size fits all." If a child has a lot of individualized needs, perhaps it isn't the right fit. But for parents who want to provide their kids with a solid faith-based education, I highly recommend our wonderful school.

Immaculate Heart Of Mary School 1

Posted May 09, 2014
EPIC DISAPPOINTMENT .My family has attended Catholic school for 4 generations. We expected a warm, faith based school, that gives individual attnetion. I was blindsided by the lack of care and communication.We witnessed parents swearing at eachother in carpool, 24/1 ratio, kids kissing eachother while the teacher talks to friends. (even when a child told her). My child was being bullied in Kindergarden. Kids were calling her fat,stupid,annoying ect. When I brought this to the staffs attention I was told that "at IHM this is not bullying and the teacher cant be expected to help. I was even chastised for bringing it up. Every family I know there said they experienced the same treatment but assumed it was ok. A parent of 3 says "The teachers get good by 3rd grade." WOW? If you do go aviod K-1! The teacher doesn't return emails, avoids meetings and NEVER informs you on what's happening at school. She complains my daughter hugs too often. .She's incompetent, she can't work her email (never replies) or remember conversations. If you want to drop off your kids and not have to deal, Sign Up! Otherwise, put on a bullet proof vest because they don't like you advocating for your family.

Immaculate Heart Of Mary School
2855 Briarcliff Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA  30329
Last modified Immaculate Heart Of Mary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Immaculate Heart Of Mary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top