Atlanta, GA

Posted June 17, 2015
We love IHM! The teachers are so committed to the children and the academic instruction is top-notch. The families support the school and each other - it has been a wonderful community for our family. When we enrolled our children several years ago at IHM School, it was not only because of the superb academics, but. more importantly, because of IHM emphasis on the development of the whole child - spiritually, morally, emotionally. We have been very happy with our choice. IHM is a wonderful school!

Posted June 09, 2015
I love this school! It is such a great place and has such a wonderful community that surrounds it.

Immaculate Heart Of Mary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 09, 2015
I have several friends who have children at IHM. When you walk into the school in the main hallway on the wall is the greeting; "Welcome to our school, welcome to our family" This captures the feel of this extraordinary school. The parents here are involved, the children are learning, and the faculty care about the children. It is a Blue Ribbon School where the students are challenged. You see happy children who are very successful. It is a wonderful educational environment.

Posted June 09, 2015
When you walk into this school on the wall is written "Welcome to our school. Welcome to our family". I have friends who have children at this school and I have attended several events. The school definitely has a family feel to it. The teachers are caring and supportive of the students. The children are well behaved and happy. It is a Blue Ribbon School and serves the needs of the children very well.

Posted May 12, 2015
I absolutely love IHM. My son is a current student there, and my daughter graduated from there. My children have had nothing but wonderful, supportive teachers who genuinely care for them. They have shown them love and guidance in many ways - not just academically but also spiritually, socially, behaviorally. My children have learned so many valuable lessons I can not even begin to describe them all. IHM is 'home' to us, and I would recommend IHM to anyone of any race, any religion, any gender. The teachers, faculty and staff and administration love each and every family like their own. IHM has been named a No Place for Hate School by the Anti Defamation League, and they do not allow bullying at all. They work very hard to be proactive with Virtue of the Month programs, New Student/Ambassador programs, weekly Mass for the entire school, Anti-Bullying programs and curriculums, and constant service projects. I am very proud to be able to say my daughter graduated there - she was so well prepared for high school, and my son is well on his way.

Immaculate Heart Of Mary School 1

Posted March 10, 2015
The elementary takes up most of the school, so the middle school has no space. It has the worst sports program ever. All of the students are racist. I have been called the n-word multiple times. There are only some good teachers. They only show an image of everyone in the bible as blue-eyed, red-haired, and white. Here is the end result: we were doing a skit for religion and I wanted to be Jesus. Then this one kid said I couldn't because of my skin color. I have never been so mad and frustrated. If you are white and athletic then you can go. I am a student and this is a true and personal experience. I have chosen that I do not want to go to St. Pius (that is where everyone at my school goes to) in order to get away from those people. Like I said: if you are white and athletic then you will enjoy it unlike me. If you aren't then go to a different school.
7 people found this helpful

Posted November 23, 2014
This is a wonderful, caring school for my children now 2nd and 4th grade. We have been very happy with all aspects of the school since Kindergarten. The academics are excellent and appropriately challenge my children. The community feeling of the staff, teachers, and co-families is great. Everyone just comes together if a family is in crisis. I have many families that I can call in times of need. I encourage you to take a look at this special place we call our school home.

Posted October 16, 2014
IHM is such a wonderful school that I feel like I won't do it justice in such a short review. This is our fifth year at IHM and we could not be happier. We have had an experience at another Catholic school and the warm and caring atmosphere felt here is like no other. The teachers know our children as well as we do and want the best for each child. If you child is struggling in an area, it is immediately addressed and they are able to work with them in small groups or pull them aside with instructional support teachers. It is amazing how much effort they put into educating our children, spiritually and academically. Our librarian is amazing! The passion that she instills in reading is just unbelievable and my children adore her. The same can be said for our wonderful art teacher. As for the negative review that I just read, I know of that parent and I do believe that schools are not a one-size fits all mold. I have never experienced anything that she has claimed. Teachers here are wonderful communicators and absolutely do not tolerate bullying or inappropriate behavior. IHM is our second family and is the best community anyone could ever hope for in a school. Top notch!

Posted October 15, 2014
My son has been at IHM for over 4 years, I can't fully express how wonderful this school is. Every single faculty member truly cares about each and every child. The teachers and support teachers dedication is above and beyond expectations, they are compassionate, caring and gifted. In addition to this being a great place for your child, you will find an amazing group of parents.

Posted October 15, 2014
My son has been at IHM for 5 years. We are thrilled with this school. It has excellent teachers, a strong administration and great parent involvement. But most of all I love that, with the small size, I know all of the 50 some students in his grade and that these are the same children he will be with from kindergarten to 8th grade. The school focuses on positive relationships and there is just a general kindness. We love our school family.

Immaculate Heart Of Mary School
2855 Briarcliff Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA  30329
Last modified Immaculate Heart Of Mary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Immaculate Heart Of Mary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top