K-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Located in Northeast Atlanta, Georgia, Immaculate Heart of Mary School (IHM) is a Catholic school that serves a diverse population of 500 students from Kindergarten through Grade 8. Established in 1958 as a parish school, IHM strives daily to follow its guiding principles of Faith, Knowledge, Service and Integrity.
August 19, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My family has had a fabulous experience at IHM School and I highly recommend it to others who want an affordable, Catholic education for their child. The teachers are so passionate about teaching. They help reinforce personal responsibility and kindness toward others - two things that are very important to my family. We're so happy we chose IHM!

The school is terrible and very money hungry....this was the worst experience i have ever had at a private school. If your not financial sound "rich" forget it. You will not be respected. Instead you will be dismissed as to involved in your child's life. I was told walking my child into the school was "over kill" ! To this day i wish to god i had never delt with this school.

Disappointed. Middle School experience was pure frustration. The "counselor" is clueless when it comes to dealing with children in the adolescence stage. The elementary atmosphere was very professional. You should seriously consider another school for their Middle School Program if you already have a child at IHM. If SPX is your High School goal, you should check into the Middle School at OLA.

IHM is like home. We truly our a family here. The teachers work together to develop lessons that will reach every type of learner. The teachers utilize the Instructional Support teachers to help meet the needs of all students.

I absolutely love Immaculate Heart of Mary. My family came to Atlanta 30 years ago from another country and IHM welcomed us with open arms. My brother and sister both graduated from IHM and they look back at their years at IHM and smile. When my own son began attending IHM, I felt like I was being allowed to re-live my own childhood through his wonderful experiences here at IHM. Now, it's been 5 years and my son will soon be entering MIddle School next year. His teachers have helped my family and I raise my son. He is becoming a well-rounded, intelligent, compassionate young man and I owe it to the school. He wears his IHM emblem on his shirt with pride and it shows. I am forever grateful to this wonderful school. -Proud IHM Parent

Develops character: no rating

- a school leader
Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School has been named a "No Place for Hate" by the Anti-Defamation League for the last four years. All students are taught moral values during their Guidance classes. Teachers and administrators following the guidelines set forth in the school's mission statement: "As a diverse, Catholic community, Immaculate Heart of Mary School models Gospel values, while striving to achieve excellence in order to develop positive, productive citizens serving society."

- a school leader

We love IHM! The teachers are so committed to the children and the academic instruction is top-notch. The families support the school and each other - it has been a wonderful community for our family. When we enrolled our children several years ago at IHM School, it was not only because of the superb academics, but. more importantly, because of IHM emphasis on the development of the whole child - spiritually, morally, emotionally. We have been very happy with our choice. IHM is a wonderful school!

I love this school! It is such a great place and has such a wonderful community that surrounds it.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have several friends who have children at IHM. When you walk into the school in the main hallway on the wall is the greeting; "Welcome to our school, welcome to our family" This captures the feel of this extraordinary school. The parents here are involved, the children are learning, and the faculty care about the children. It is a Blue Ribbon School where the students are challenged. You see happy children who are very successful. It is a wonderful educational environment.

Last modified Immaculate Heart Of Mary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8