K-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Located in Northeast Atlanta, Georgia, Immaculate Heart of Mary School (IHM) is a Catholic school that serves a diverse population of 500 students from Kindergarten through Grade 8. Established in 1958 as a parish school, IHM strives daily to follow its guiding principles of Faith, Knowledge, Service and Integrity.
August 19, 2015

Bad
Good

Develops respect: no rating

Posted August 20, 2015
- a school leader
All students are treated with respect and love. In return, the students are taught to treat their peers and their teachers with respect and care.

Develops empathy: no rating

- a school leader
IHM School has a full time school counselor who teaches a Guidance class to all students. In this class, the students are taught moral values and an anti-bullying curriculum.

Develops honesty: no rating

- a school leader
Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School has been named a "No Place for Hate" by the Anti-Defamation League for the last four years. All students are taught moral values during their Guidance classes. Teachers and administrators following the guidelines set forth in the school's mission statement: "As a diverse, Catholic community, Immaculate Heart of Mary School models Gospel values, while striving to achieve excellence in order to develop positive, productive citizens serving society."

Posted June 17, 2015
We love IHM! The teachers are so committed to the children and the academic instruction is top-notch. The families support the school and each other - it has been a wonderful community for our family. When we enrolled our children several years ago at IHM School, it was not only because of the superb academics, but. more importantly, because of IHM emphasis on the development of the whole child - spiritually, morally, emotionally. We have been very happy with our choice. IHM is a wonderful school!

Posted June 09, 2015
I love this school! It is such a great place and has such a wonderful community that surrounds it.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 09, 2015
I have several friends who have children at IHM. When you walk into the school in the main hallway on the wall is the greeting; "Welcome to our school, welcome to our family" This captures the feel of this extraordinary school. The parents here are involved, the children are learning, and the faculty care about the children. It is a Blue Ribbon School where the students are challenged. You see happy children who are very successful. It is a wonderful educational environment.

Posted June 09, 2015
When you walk into this school on the wall is written "Welcome to our school. Welcome to our family". I have friends who have children at this school and I have attended several events. The school definitely has a family feel to it. The teachers are caring and supportive of the students. The children are well behaved and happy. It is a Blue Ribbon School and serves the needs of the children very well.

Posted May 12, 2015
I absolutely love IHM. My son is a current student there, and my daughter graduated from there. My children have had nothing but wonderful, supportive teachers who genuinely care for them. They have shown them love and guidance in many ways - not just academically but also spiritually, socially, behaviorally. My children have learned so many valuable lessons I can not even begin to describe them all. IHM is 'home' to us, and I would recommend IHM to anyone of any race, any religion, any gender. The teachers, faculty and staff and administration love each and every family like their own. IHM has been named a No Place for Hate School by the Anti Defamation League, and they do not allow bullying at all. They work very hard to be proactive with Virtue of the Month programs, New Student/Ambassador programs, weekly Mass for the entire school, Anti-Bullying programs and curriculums, and constant service projects. I am very proud to be able to say my daughter graduated there - she was so well prepared for high school, and my son is well on his way.

Posted November 23, 2014
This is a wonderful, caring school for my children now 2nd and 4th grade. We have been very happy with all aspects of the school since Kindergarten. The academics are excellent and appropriately challenge my children. The community feeling of the staff, teachers, and co-families is great. Everyone just comes together if a family is in crisis. I have many families that I can call in times of need. I encourage you to take a look at this special place we call our school home.

2855 Briarcliff Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA  30329
Last modified Immaculate Heart Of Mary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Immaculate Heart Of Mary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top