K-6|Private

Bad
Good

I cannot say enough about The Schenck School. What a lifesaver it was for us, and our daughter. From the first meeting, to welcome reception, to the supportive learning environment for our child. They embrace everyone's differences, and celebrate the one common trait - dyslexia. The education and support we have received as a family, is second to none. I know they are making a difference for us - especially our daughter. I wish everyone could experience learning in way...

This is the best school around! The only problem is you have to be dyslexic to attend. My daughter has thrived and blossemed under the great administration and caring, dedicated teachers here. She couldn't read going into 2nd grade at public school however she was considered an above average student and they didn't see a problem. She has been at Schenck for 3 years and never wants to leave however the day has come. She has gained confidence and skills that could not be taught anywhere else. My older daughter often comments out loud that she wishes she could go to The Schenck School too because it is so AMAZING however she isn't dyslexic. This school is such a gift to Atlanta. We are so lucky to have this school in our backyard!!!

My son had been passed through grade after grade at our public elementary school. I found it increasingly alarming that in 2nd grade he could barely read, and much worse was not able to write something I could read! He came to the Schenck School in 3rd grade. This year (4th) will be his last. We have been so blessed by this school. He is thriving. His testing now shows he's above grade level on both reading,spelling and his writing is now capable of conveying his thoughts. He no longer writes the bare minimum. He is happy to expound and excited about writing. The teachers and the staff know your child. They nurture them while working them hard to learn methods to decode our difficult language. The children all LOVE Schenck.My son is confidant to leave there, but he would love to stay. He has met wonderful friends and life long supporters.

Words can not express how fortunate we feel to have our son attend The Schenck School. Awesome is an understatment. Our son is thriving at Schenck.

I have two children at The Schenck School. We are so blessed to have this school in the Atlanta area. The teachers are fabulous, the facilities are beautiful and the education is remarkable. Giving your child a solid education is one of the best things you can do for them- The Schenck School gives them a solid foundation and the confidence to succeed.

I am a parent of a functioning dyslexic; that is to say, my son functioned 'fine' in the standardized learning program of his previous school. Nonetheless, he was struggling and not excelling, despite his intelligence and 2x/week remediation with a tutor. I knew he deserved better. We enrolled him in the Schenck School, and our only regret is that we didn't do it sooner. This school is a GodSend for anyone who is dyslexic and struggling to learn via standardized teaching methods. The staff, teachers and school administration are dedicated to assure that every child succeeds. The facilities are beautiful, the teachers amazing, the programs perfectly suited to the attending student (including a homework lab!), and their summer school program superb. When, at the end of the day, your dyslexic child gets in the car and says 'they make reading FUN!', you know you have lucked into a real gem.

THE most successful and pupil friendly school for average and above-average students with reading problems and/or AD. I was (by happy accident) a founding member of The Georgia Association for Learning Disabilities. Learning about LD helped me see that many members of my family have the problem in various degrees. When a great-niece was asked what she liked best about Schenck, she said, 'They don't make fun of you here.'

Last modified The Schenck School is a Private school that serves grades K-6