No rating

Pace Academy

Private | K-12 | 995 students

Living in Atlanta

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $637,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,120.

Posted April 23, 2010

Great school for families...there is high level of academic achievement that they are known for, but there are also wonderful opportunities for your student to participate in all aspects of student life...fine arts are amazing with excellent teachers in painting, drawing, photography and ceramics, Athletic program is outstanding with new facilities and teams in almost every sport - but the best part is that your child actually might get to be on the team! Not always the case in these Buckhead private schools, they have an renown service program that has been in place for over 30 years, multiple clubs, their model UN was the only school representing the US in Qatar this year, their debate team has won state every year and multiple national titles. I am glad my kids are there because I know at a larger school they would never have had these varied experiences.

Posted January 23, 2010

Pace is a really strong school, but it's academics, finances, and athletics really play second-fiddle to Westminster in Atlanta.

Posted January 8, 2010

Pace is the best school academically and in the arts in Atlanta. It's expensive for most, so be ready, but is worth it. It's small, so if you don't like the feel of a small school, maybe it's not for you. However, I have found that my Pace experience actually contradicts the normal expectations of a small school (not much to do, only one type of person, etc.) . I feel like I've had the best of all worlds at Pace because I can stand out on the athletic fields even as a freshman, sing in the famed Pace musicals, and get individual attention from my AP teachers. I have friends in all these arenas and all grades, something I have because of Pace's size. Small schools can have spirit too! Witness Spirit Week or Service Day, or opening night just once, and you will never look back.

Posted October 4, 2009

The teachers are the best- they are dynamic, engaged, and knowledgeable- and that is contagious!

Posted July 2, 2009

As a parent whose three children went through Pace Academy from pre-first through 12th grade, I am well qualified to say that the school nurtures each child's sense of wonder, imagination, & creativity, while also instilling responsibility, a strong work ethic, a strong sense of self, and a love of learning in its students. The curriculum is rigorous and the expectations are high, while the climate is nurturing & individualized. My children's academic and personal successes in life can be attributed to Pace Academy.

Posted March 4, 2009

I have three very different kids at Pace, but each one has found their perfect school. It is hard to believe that this small school (900 students K-12) can deliver just what each of my kids need. The great things is that while each child excels in one particular area, academics, sports, the arts -- they participate in every area. The school has expectations that each child gets as involved in the community as they can. Parents are also deeply involved and committed to the school. It has a strong family feeling due to leadership in all three schools that promotes parent involvement. The teachers are outstanding, especially the ones who have been there the longest. They are the school's greatest asset. It is truly the best school in Atlanta if you are looking for the warmth and intimacy of a small private school and the highest academic standards.

Posted December 2, 2008

As a recent alum of Pace Academy, I look back mostly fondly at my 13 years at the school. The transition to the new administration was a bit rocky at times, but the teachers were nothing short of fabulous. Each and every teacher I had went the extra mile to teach me not only the material, but how to think. Now in college, I find that I'm breezing through course work. In fact, I'm only in my first year of college but I have enough credits that I qualify as a sophomore. It is a difficult school. Academics rule, and there is little hand-holding. If a student cannot keep up on their own, they can face serious hardship. However, the faculty are always willing to help however they can, and most of the students help as well. It is a lot of work, and academics are tough, but well worth it.

Posted November 1, 2008

As a student of Pace Academy for thirteen years, I can honestly say that my school provided me with every tool needed for a bright future. I was challenged and encouraged as a student both academically and socially. It was not always the easiest academically speaking, but looking back, that is what I like about Pace. I still go back now as an alum, to visit past teachers, faculty, and staff, who, over the years, became like a second family to me. I would highly encourage this institution to anyone looking for an exceptional education in Atlanta. It is the best of the best.

Posted July 12, 2008

As an in-going senior at Pace, this school can be very hollow and rigid. The education mold is one size fits all, and Pace sometimes seems they care more about there image then there education's quality. I am one (of the many) students who find themselves being teasted for the stupidest and oddest reasons (hair too bulky, a little bit chubby, clothes don't match). Sometimes it doesn't feel like most the teachers care about the emotional well-being of it's students, except for an extremely select few. I find the academics at Pace are the same as the previous private school in Florida I attended-----Average, hollow, and rigid beyond belief. If I had a choice in attending Pace, I wouldn't have.

Posted July 11, 2008

i love this school and am looking 4ward 2 going here untill 12th grade! Pace has given me a wonderful education so far and i know that its wonderful teachers will continue this 4ever!

Posted July 8, 2008

Don't waste your kid's precious and vulnerable childhood years here! The school is very narrow in it's teaching i.e. teachers expect the same thing out of every student, which is where academic problems start. In other words, It's Pace's way or the highway. The art programs certainly aren't nearly renowned as they tell spectators to the school. A lot of money goes into the overdone fine arts center, and the arts are overly-emphasized and sometimes seem more important then academics. This school is as average and rigid as the next Southern private school. From what I've witnessed, there is a lot of pressure from other students to be 'perfect' and there is a sizable amount of bullying, which is a big attribute to children's low self-esteem and non-concentration in class. A large lack of diversity. Don't expect the so called 'top-tier' education Pace tries to boast.

Posted May 3, 2008

This is one of the most elite schools in the country and very exclusive in their selection process. They are focused on academics but believe in well-rounded education. Their arts and other enrichment programs are unparalleled. Do not believe everything you read, go see for yourself.

Posted March 26, 2008

We have two children at Pace Academy and we highly recommend the school and it's program of excellence! We chose the school because of its personalized dedication to the students, low ratios and the academic success. We consistenly see clear evidence of learning at an advanced level. The critical thinking skills and ability to research for knowledge with in depth projects is impressive for the ages of our children. The Headmasters at Pace are all personable, involved and very attentive to all of their students and families! Most importantly is that our children are very happy, exceptionally challenged in academics and they feel safe and secure. I can say without hesitation that Pace Academy is a school where great importance is placed on the student and family. You can't help feeling a sense of belonging at Pace as the parent partnership is the essence of their dedication to your child's success.

Posted November 24, 2007

I am a teacher at Pace and LOVE this school. I would never consider teaching anywhere else. The faculty is very warm and caring. Students are the number one priority. In the middle school where I work we are very supportive of students who learn in different ways. Classes are small, and students have a chance to be involved in all types of activities. We have high standards and give our students the support to meet and exceed them. I recommend Pace 100%.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 22, 2006

The school has improved since they hired a new headmaster. However, there is much baggage left over since his departure. The school is very over priced and spends too much time pushing social issues over academics. There is some hope the new Headmaster will be an improvement, but buyer beware!

Posted May 9, 2006

Don't waste your money or your child's precious learning opportunities! This school is an educational country club for children of the wealthy. If your child needs enlightened teaching or learns differently in any way, forget it! There is a rigid, totalitarian, cookie cutter approach to learning & academic discipline - one size fits all - & basically it's sink or swim with punitive outcomes regardless of individual needs or circumstances. Most of the teachers here are knowledge specialists who dump material on students in the name of 'rigor' & 'challenge' but don't teach them how to think. This school felt like a prison to our child - definitely not for everyone. We left at our earliest chance. Beware!

Posted September 9, 2003

My oldest daughter entered Wahington U. St.Louis last year. She was so well prepared for college work that she made dean's list and the National Association of Collegiate Scholars her freshman year having placed int several junior level classes. She is very typical of the students that graduate from Pace. Even if academics are not the student's strongest suit, there is always some area in which they excel; be it ceramics, photography, theatre, or sports. Pace also has a nationally recognized debate team. I really cannot say enough good things about the school. My youngest will graduate this coming spring, and I plan to continue volunteering my time to the school because of what it has done for my children.

Posted August 26, 2003

Pace Academy offers a quality and enriched environment for learning, exploring and articulation enhancing mental, academic and productive challenges in the fields of education, cultural arts, competitive athletics, music and community services! The basis of students' success in this Ivy League school and private institution includes strong parental involvement, a dedicated academic staff, active alumni and an experienced and committed Headmaster.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Latin
  • Spanish

School start time
  • 8 a.m.
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school