Posted November 23, 2014
The absolute best choice we made for our daughter. The school is exceeding all of our expectations and living up to its reputation as the top school in the South. Our daughter is in pre-1st has been attending for 4 months now and we are absolutely amazed with how much she had learned. She is singing whole songs in French. She is excelling in Math, Science, Art, Music, and Design Thinking! We love that Westminster is an Apple Distinguished School. Our daughter is loving school so much that she doesn't want to leave. She loves all her teachers and her friends. We also love being part of a school with strong principles where students abide by their code of honor, integrity, and respect! There is absolutely no bullying going on or anything like you hear going on in public schools. When our daughter was born we knew her education was very important to us and we dreamed of sending her to Westminster and knew we needed to do everything we could to make sure she was ready!

Posted April 25, 2014
I completely disagree with the comment before. I do not know about how the school used to be like, but I have a child there right now and she seems to be doing fine. Now I will admit that Westminster is less religious than my child's old school, but the education is absolutely OUTSTANDING. My child has learned so much since she started going there. I do also have to say that her social skills were a little better at her old school, but there are hundreds of others there who are as happy as can be. If you are looking for a school though, do not base your choices off these comments, go ahead and see the school for yourself. I hope that this helped.

The Westminster Schools 3

Posted April 22, 2014
Westminster offers a good education, but it is NOT a true Christian school. There are chapels a couple times a year, but that is it. The chapels even are times where pop music is played and religion is barely even practiced. As I said before, it offers good education, but it does not practice religion well. Also, the people there are nasty and the teachers are very short-tempered. When I was a child, I came and after a year and a half I cried day and night because I wanted to go back to my old school so badly. That is my opinion, but some people have better experiences there.

Posted April 03, 2014
This is a great school in Atlanta. Execellent college placement results! One of the best private school in the South

Posted February 04, 2014
I have a new student at the Westminster Upper School. It has been an amazing experience at every level, from academics, to various levels of support for students, clubs, athletics, etc. The school is very rigorous academically for sure and your student is surrounded by the brightest children. Only attempt to enroll your child in this school if they have a real love of learning, can work independently and have a very committed work ethic. It has far surpassed my son's dreams; it couldn't have been a better fit for him.

The Westminster Schools 1

Posted December 02, 2013
As a former student, I attended from Pre-First to 8th. The administration/staff are very rude, and cold hearted people. The parents are snobby, and the kids are lust plain mean. I was blamed fro things I didn't even do. The school is not diverse at ALL. Don't think of sending your kids here. It's not worth your time or money.

Posted November 20, 2013
Westminster is just an amazing experience! I have been here since Kindergarden and I have loved it! The teachers are great and answer almost all if not all questions asked. Our libraries are phenomenal with all the books I would like to read. Our athletics are one of the best in the Southeast along with academics! This is an amazing opportunities that I advice you to take. If you live anywhere near here I strongly advice to go to an admissions open house!

Posted October 12, 2013
What seems to be a theme with these reviews is that the positive reviews come from those in the school and the negative ones come from people whom have not experienced Westminster. I am currently a junior at Westminster and I wholeheartedly believe that Westminster is the best school in the states. As in all things, there are flaws. Our lunches could be better, we could have a functioning library, we could have uniforms. But those cons do not outweigh the pros. Our academics are rigorous and sometimes overwhelming, but we are being prepared for college. There is no better feeling when you begin preparing for college than the knowledge that you go to Westminster and that you have a bit of an advantage. Besides the academics, the athletics are incredible. MaxPreps deemed our athletic program to be the best highschool athletics in the nation. An AA school with around 1000 students receiving 11 state championships and 2 second place finishes is an unmatched feat. We also have great extra curriculars. Debate, the drama program, robotics and more have all accomplished incredible things. To sum all this up, no, Westminster is not perfect. But if you simply want the best, consider us.

Posted October 08, 2013
My school is SRIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

The Westminster Schools 2

Posted May 27, 2013
My only familiarity was in the admission process since we live in the area. Ultimately we opted not to apply our children though the facilities were top notch. Most private schools have uniform dress, but for some reason, Westminster does not. At those ages, that was a negative point with me since competition in clothing is a senseless endeavor. We know a number of parents who have had good experiences except for some who thought their college admission counselors were loathe to recommend any state schools versus more expensive and so-called elite private schools.

The Westminster Schools
1424 W Paces Ferry Road NW, Atlanta, GA  30327
Last modified The Westminster Schools is a Private school that serves grades K-12
The Westminster Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top