K-12|Private
1,855 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This is the best school ever. I recommend it for...... Everyone!!!!!!!

If you are incredibly wealthy and not afraid to run others over (literally and metaphorically) you will fit in just fine and love it here. You will find a group of wealthy parents, teachers and children to gather around and judge those not like you. You will see that judgement as protection. Wealth trumps all here. The disciplinary system at WM is meant to favor those who come from extremely wealthy/famous upbringings, as well as alums of the school. The idea is to work, work, work. If you are a bright student who is also very well off, you will shine and this will be an accepting community because you will be honored for the glory that is you. I have seen students who are not rich struggle at this school to fit in with the culture. The awards go to the students and faculty who have family ties to the school or come from elaborate wealth. If you are a new teacher, don't expect to ever fit in and be eligible for awards or advancement or any recognition whatsoever if you don't: come from a very wealthy family, are a WM alum, or have been in the leadership of a sorority or fraternity. If these criteria don't match you, you are in for an uphill climb, and it doesn't matter how hard you work or how dedicated or intelligent you are. Children and adults who don't fit these rigid molds are looked at from the super wealthy "winning" parents as inadequate, losers, strange, freaks and a waste of time and get pushed out through bullying tactics of stonewalling, isolating, denial of recognition, the stripping of support and elimination of any opportunities to advance. Privileged members see this treatment of the lesser-advantaged 'outsiders' and form superficial, competitive relationships with their peers (that they confuse for love and acceptance within their social group) because they fear they will be excluded next, perhaps because they wear the wrong color shirt for a particular season or get known as someone who associates with losers. A very, very toxic and bullying environment for the soul. You will get into Harvard. If you are wealthy, you'll think you were treated like gold. If you are poor, however, it will be the hardest lesson in unfairness, deceitful politics and the ugly side of human psychology you have ever seen. Absolutely the worst place to grow emotionally for students who aren't super rich.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Each teacher is wonderful. Each one is so tremendously devoted. I have NEVER had a bad teacher. I honestly do not even know what a bad teacher is, because I am have never had one. That is how great this school is!!!

Amount of homework: Agree

There is not much homework, but instructors believe highly in the perception of self teaching outside of the class, i.e. you must study constantly and even if you do not have a test coming up, because if you do not, often not you will fall behind.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Student Council's and Honor Council's are ran by students not any of the administration. All decisions are made by your peers. Including punishments if you were to every break your integrity and fairness. This school has the most responsible and mature adolescents that I have encountered. For example, my Wednesday morning bible group leader was always on time promptly at 7:00 and above all of the integrity within westminster this extra layer of participation really shaped me into the person whom I am now.

Great School! This school is extremely easy if you are willing to work hard and organize. If you are a person whom might procrastinate or likes to regurgitate information this would definitely not be the appropriate school for yourself. I have never had a single teacher whom did not care about us. For example, school ends at 3:00 and office hours ends at 3:30. Most of time teachers could leave at 3:30 if they wanted, but say I needed help in honors geometry (highly unlikely) this particular teacher whom I am thinking about would leave at 7:00 if I needed that help. Every single teacher here is willing to push of there plans to help you no matter how long it will take. Westminster is constantly upgrading both the faculty and students, which is good because it ensures that the pupils have the best instructors, and teacher's have the best students. Everything about this school exists in parallel, good sport teams, good academic teams, excellent teachers, excellent students, and intense rigor, high acceptance rate to IVY league colleges. I want to leave you this this last comment, "High School is something that ever person will attend, if you were to attend just the classes at Westminster you then in essence are not utilizing your entire time, money, and knowledge, instead push your self to try some of the 27 ap's classes, push yourself to try some of the 18 plus sport teams ran by amazing trainers, push yourself to try some of the 30+ academic teams completely organized by student leaders, push your self to utilize even the vast technology tools IT gives us for free, (we have college grade software, CAS, every adobe product, Xcode etc...if you want it they'll get it, matlab, Solid works) try to build an app, push yourself to learn coding with a faculty member, and try your utmost best, if you are someone who doesn't push the limits why are you here?"

Westminster still has the brightest students and the best college placement, but are there cracks starting to show in the polished veneer of this storied institution? Frequent admin changes and faculty turnover in upper school seem to have eroded the quality and rigor of the 9-12 experience.

Our daughter is in middle school this year at Westminster. The entire experience for her, thus far, has been absolutely wonderful. She is actually excited to go to school every day. Yes, there are great learning opportunities (like many schools in Atlanta) but here children are encouraged to think outside of the box, ask questions and expand their perspectives regarding the world. Most importantly to me, I see time and time again, the adults at this school not only display academic intelligence but a REAL emotional intelligence towards the children. In the end, my highest priority for my daughter is that she is in a supportive and nurturing learning environment where she is encouraged to grow and thrive. We have found this and more at Westminster.

The absolute best choice we made for our daughter. The school is exceeding all of our expectations and living up to its reputation as the top school in the South. Our daughter is in pre-1st has been attending for 4 months now and we are absolutely amazed with how much she had learned. She is singing whole songs in French. She is excelling in Math, Science, Art, Music, and Design Thinking! We love that Westminster is an Apple Distinguished School. Our daughter is loving school so much that she doesn't want to leave. She loves all her teachers and her friends. We also love being part of a school with strong principles where students abide by their code of honor, integrity, and respect! There is absolutely no bullying going on or anything like you hear going on in public schools. When our daughter was born we knew her education was very important to us and we dreamed of sending her to Westminster and knew we needed to do everything we could to make sure she was ready!

I completely disagree with the comment before. I do not know about how the school used to be like, but I have a child there right now and she seems to be doing fine. Now I will admit that Westminster is less religious than my child's old school, but the education is absolutely OUTSTANDING. My child has learned so much since she started going there. I do also have to say that her social skills were a little better at her old school, but there are hundreds of others there who are as happy as can be. If you are looking for a school though, do not base your choices off these comments, go ahead and see the school for yourself. I hope that this helped.

Last modified The Westminster Schools is a Private school that serves grades K-12