The Galloway School

Private | PK-12 | 747 students

Students at Galloway develop an abiding love for learning.

Living in Atlanta

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $345,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $900.

Sweep tile

Posted yesterday

We are finishing up our first year here in early learning. What a truly amazing place this is. My son has blossomed in this environment. The teachers have been very in touch with his specific needs and learning style, and have given him all of the tools he needs to keep moving positively on his journey of learning. I really like tehe collaborative style, as well. The teachers have made me and my husband very much a part of the team. I have also been impressed with the way the school is managed. There is an innovative spirit that pervades everything that is going on. While it is not my place to question the negative reviewers here, my sense is that they have had very unfortunate, but isolated negative experiences. Everyone I know has a very positive opinion of Galloway.

Posted April 9, 2014

As we conclude our 5th year at Galloway I am only energized by all of the positive changes and dynamic programming that goes on at Galloway. My kids NEVER seem to amaze me with the things they learn at school. People make "issue" over the change in administration, but I believe it has been only for the better and the Galloway Community has AMAZING things to look forward to. We couldn't be ANY happier! This is truly the perfect school for my 2 VERY different children! (And for me too!!) What a loving community!

Posted April 9, 2014

Our family has been at Galloway for 15 years and the school and community have been true gifts to us. Galloway teachers understand education - that it's more than just imparting information. With small classrooms and lessons that engage students across the curriculum, Galloway teachers have inspired a love of learning in my children. Additionally, we are fortunate that Galloway's value set mirrors our family's value set. Galloway is a school with a moral compass - students are taught to respect themselves and others, to be responsible members of a school community, and to understand that actions have consequences. I am grateful that my children have received a terrific education and are becoming people of character in this special school community.

Posted April 9, 2014

We are finishing our third year at Galloway and I can't say enough positive things about the school, the staff, the families, and my child's experience. She is learning things so much earlier than I did and more than just learning facts, she is learning how to apply these facts. As a mom who does work outside of the home some, I also especially appreciate the community feel of the school. The parents seem grounded and truly vested in their kids' education. We are so happy to be a part of this community.

Posted April 9, 2014

We have been at Galloway for 7yrs. I feel very fortunate to be a part of this wonderful community. As there are no perfect people, there are no perfect schools. What I can sincerely say is that every year has been amazing for my son. His teachers set high expectations for him. They have nurtured and stretched him to be his best academically and as a good citizen. His ERB scores have him in the top percentile, so they must be doing something right! The administration is always willing to listen and respond to the needs of the students and community. My family is very happy here.

Posted April 9, 2014

We chose this school 12 years ago for our then 3 year old son. It was then, and continues to be, one of the best decisions we have ever made for our family!

Posted April 9, 2014

We couldn't be happier with The Galloway School. We are in our third year at Galloway and our daughter was just accepted into the Pre-K program. My son has been challenged, supported and excited by his education so far. The teachers and staff are experts at their craft. I feel fortunate that such a place exists for my children to attend. I wish I could have gone to a school like Galloway. The support of the community at Galloway has been wonderful and I feel lucky to be a part of it.

Posted April 9, 2014

The Galloway School was our first choice of schools over several highly regarded private schools in the metropolitan Atlanta area. We chose Galloway for our child because of the school's emphasis on critical thinking. After being a part of Galloway for two years now, we can already see our child's use of Galloway's critical thinking methods as well as the development of a true love of learning. We have also discovered and become a part a diverse community that embraces challenges, change and achievement. We feel very fortunate to be a part of the Galloway community.

Posted April 8, 2014

My senior was just accepted to her dream college from Galloway, and has other choices as well (thank you Galloway college counselors!). As hard as it is to think about her graduation, we are forever grateful that she had the opportunity to be at this warm, nurturing yet challenging school. She learned to love learning, to express herself, to respect herself and others, and to be independent. From her first days in EL where she was encouraged to be curious, to ML where her unique talents were appreciated and she learned collaboration, to UL where she learned to really challenge herself academically, to write and present well, and to get involved in her community, she has loved this school. The teachers here are top-notch and love what they do. The administration is forward-thinking and interested in what is developmentally appropriate and the best for each child. No place could have prepared her better for the challenges of college, but she also had opportunities to learn to be an engaged citizen. We are so grateful she has had a chance to be at this very special school!

Posted April 8, 2014

Galloway is the perfect fit for my two children. It saddens me to read the few negative comments, and I think it just supports the fact that no school is the right fit for every family and every child. Galloway is the school for children who love to learn and can thrive in an environment that emphasizes learning by doing. Galloway does not put a strong emphasis on standardized test scores, but instead on critical thinking, collaboration, writing, analyzing, and creating. The teachers want students to be dynamic thinkers and teachers strive to make learning relevant. The leadership (teachers and administration) work to build a strong supportive community and work with parents to help each child reach their potential, build upon their strengths, and develop their weaknesses. It is a wonderful community, and my family is very proud to be a part.

Posted April 8, 2014

Galloway is a joyful community. My children hate to miss even a single day of school. The Head of School is a remarkable leader who models lifelong learning, responsible citizenship, and genuine compassion every day. The faculty and staff are innovative, and encourage the children to reach for excellence in everything they do. Most of all, Galloway is a place where every day is not only a stepping stone to college and life beyond school, but it is also a moment in time valued for itself. At Galloway, the process of learning is in itself fun, exciting, and worthwhile. When my children bolt out of the car every morning and run into school, I wish I could go with them.

Posted April 8, 2014

I only wish that I had a school like Galloway when I was a student. My children have been challenged academically, nurtured and respected by their teachers, been on competitive sports teams and learned teamwork and collaboration. They have learned to write well and express themselves. Because they felt respected by their teachers and peers, they have been confident taking academic risks and challenges. They have a great love of learning and remain curious about the world around them. As they progressed from Early to Middle to Upper Learning, the transitions were seamless and the workload appropriate. The teachers truly care about the students and go the extra mile to ensure their success not only for their particular class, but for the rest of the students' lives.

Posted April 8, 2014

Our family is about to complete our ninth year at Galloway. Our children have grown up there. It is our home away from home. Here are the Top Ten Reasons Why We Love The Galloway School (in no particular order)! 1. the partnership between teachers and parents, 2. our children are THINKERS and problem-solvers, 3. a collaborative and comfortable classroom environment, 4. academic mastery, 5. our children can be themselves, 6. a true sense of community that reaches beyond the classroom, 7. character building and respect toward each other, 8. the approachable and caring administration, 9. learning is fun, and 10. a diverse and INTERESTING group of students, parents, teachers and staff who seek to grow and progress every day.

Posted April 2, 2014

Worst school ever! Public school is a much better option. Don't waste your money here. Head of school, principals, chief financial officer are all terrible and have no business being responsible for the education of our children. There is no curriculum or accountability by teachers or expected of students. They do a good job of "selling" the school during admissions, but apparently, admissions does not know what is going on in the classroom. I had to learn the hard way but the happiest day of my life when my child was accepted into another private school.

Posted April 1, 2014

Galloway has been a life-changing experience for our son. I can truly say we have LOVED the middle school years because of Galloway's teaching staff, the other students and the administration. They are in tune with the needs of the kids and their families. The administration works diligently to keep up with education trends while keeping in mind the mission of Elliott Galloway to bring students joyfully into learning!

Posted March 8, 2014

This school has honestly turned even more into a joke with the new headmaster and everything she's implemented. Just look at the website and see for yourself. I'm pulling my kids as soon as they're done with the early learning program. At least at the early learning level, the teachers seem good, but there just seems to be a big agenda behind the whole school.

Posted February 28, 2014

At the lower levels, the school is managed quite well. Perhaps because the Head of School has small children attending. In fact, as her older one gets closer to Middle School at Galloway, it's clear that is where the money and innovation is heading. At the Upper Level, they are trying to compete with traditional prep schools--which is so NOT what Elliott Galloway intended when he founded the school. Parents pay a lot of money and kids work hard. Let's embrace change, but stand by the mission of Galloway which doesn't include being like "everyone else" in Atlanta. Personally, I can't wait until our child is out of this school. Graduation day will be the happiest day of my life.

Posted November 16, 2013

I am a senior at Galloway, and my favorite part about Galloway is the teachers. Because of their enthusiasm for their subjects, I have developed a love of learning. The reason I work hard in school is not to get perfect grades; I work hard because my teachers have helped sparked my desire to push myself to my full potential. I have never been a math person, but after two years with a particular math teacher, I genuinely enjoy going to math class. My teacher is always eager to answer questions or spend an extra day on a topic just to make sure we all have a solid grasp of the subject. I could write pages about my teachers, but simply put, the teachers at Galloway are accessible, encouraging, and overall fun, good people. There's a place for everyone socially and academically at Galloway so long as students enter with a positive attitude and a desire to improve. I'm about to go to college next year, and even though it's nerve racking, Galloway has successfully prepared me for the next step in my life. I would be lying, however, if I said I won't miss it. There's no place like home? More like there's no place like Galloway because honestly, Galloway is, and always will be, my home.

Posted October 24, 2013

Let's just stick to the facts! This school is internally a mess with massive leadership changes every year. In the last 10 years they have had: 6 Headmasters, 3 Admission Directors, 3 EL Principals, 7 ML Principals, 6 ML Asst Principals. Need I say more! Also they started a new Annual Giving Campaign last year where you are required to donate. They are so desperate to achieve 100% parent support (even if its fake support) that if you don't give you get called into the office with a "talk" on how you won't be invited back if you don't donate money. People are giving only because they have to. Yes of course, not all students/teachers are below average but overall its just a very low budget school. Not all administration is poor either, there are definitely ones there who want to do the right thing. Its just that everyone is new and no one is running the school. They are just trying to hold the school together. Internally it's not a well-oiled machine. Most kids need tutors from the poor teaching in Math/English. The internal tutors stay very busy/well paid. Kids love it because its a big party everyday. Their parents think the kids love it so it must be good.

Posted September 25, 2013

I graduated from Galloway in 2009 and went there for almost my entire life. There was never a point in my school career where I wished I went to a different school. Upper Learning helped prepare me for college, especially when it came to writing. I found that I was one of the few students in my freshman English class who knew how to write a successful essay, thanks to Galloway. The teachers are so kind and understanding, and your peers are actually the best people on this earth. I am still best friends with the girls I went to school with in Early, Middle and Upper Learning. I truly felt like the Galloway community wanted me to succeed and always challenged me to do my best.

Asian 4% 2%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

College readiness and student pathways

Percentage of students going to 4-year college 100% (2012)
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Library

Photos

School culture

Dress Code
  • Neither uniforms nor dress code