PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I have not seen examples of bullying since my daughter started school here. We are in our fourth year at Galloway.

Supports LD students: Agree

My daughter gets test anxiety and if the anxiety interferes with her ability to show her understanding of a topic, she is given alternative methods to show comprehension. For example, she is given the opportunity to perform her oral presentations for the teacher only for grading purposes and then encouraged to give the presentation again in front of her classmates to help conquer her anxiety.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school's motto is "Find out who you are and become it..." I have found that the students are self motivated and self aware, which seems to make them kinder and gentler than what I have seen at other schools. Galloway students help determine their own learning pathways from a very early age. In early learning they are given time to pursue their own passion projects. Since this pathway is very individualized, there is very little competition and back stabbing common in some other schools. Each child seems to celebrate their fellow student's accomplishments.

Amount of homework: Agree

The school works primarily on the project based model, so if your child is self motivated and enjoys having the freedom to demonstrate their understanding of a concept via the method of their choice, it is perfect for you. One of my daughter's classmates is an artist, so all of their assignments ( even math or science) contain some element of art. Another classmate loves directing, so his projects are usually presented in movie or short video form. My daughter is a poet, so she includes verse into projects where ever possible. The 9th grade science fair project does an amazing job of teaching students the steps involved in planning for long term projects. This assignment, implemented at the beginning of high school, provides them the scaffold needed for success in all of their other high school projects. The only problem we have experienced is that the open ended aspect of assignments can make life work balance challenging. The assignments are so interesting that getting our child to stop working on homework to do chores is now a difficult.

I cannot say enough great things about Galloway. Our son started last year in high school and is completely thriving. Where most high schools have major cliques and popularity contests, Galloway is accepting of all students with their mindset of everyone is an individual. Great for the right student (self motivated, independent and self advocate) but if this describes your child, then look no further. We could not ask for a more supportive administration and faculty. Bravo, this school does everything right!

In the few years we've had a student at Galloway, we've found it to be an excellent educational experience. Great efforts are made to integrate new students into the existing community of students and faculty. It was amazing to see how quickly the school came up to speed with understanding our student's strengths and weaknesses, and worked with us to develop a plan for their education. We feel much of this success has been due to the size of the school and the strength of the faculty. Any concerns for the future center around changes underway at Galloway. Increased enrollment levels portend larger class sizes, and together with a new technology initiative, risks pushing excellent educators away who do not adapt well to these new demands. Galloway is already one of the more expensive schools in Atlanta. Increasing tuition costs, with the potential of diminishing value MAY make justifying a Galloway education more difficult in the future. There is an abundance of excellence at Galloway which provides us with confidence the coming changes will not diminish the core value of a Galloway education. We still highly recommend Galloway.

This is our second year at Galloway, and our first year for our middle schooler. Both children had WONDERFUL transitions into the school and community thanks to the teachers, administration, and families. We have loved the approach to learning and the curriculum in both early and middle learning. The school's new 4-D learning approach is exceptional. Both of our kids love going to school here, and are learning and growing in ways we can see and observe. We couldn't be happier with our choice!

What a great first week back at Galloway! We've been at the school for 2 years now and all my kids were excited to go back to class. One week in, they all adore their teachers. The school is SO welcoming and friendly. So glad we chose it for our kids!

The first week of school was great! My child's transition was easy and he is happy! So glad we chose Galloway!

We are finishing up our first year here in early learning. What a truly amazing place this is. My son has blossomed in this environment. The teachers have been very in touch with his specific needs and learning style, and have given him all of the tools he needs to keep moving positively on his journey of learning. I really like tehe collaborative style, as well. The teachers have made me and my husband very much a part of the team. I have also been impressed with the way the school is managed. There is an innovative spirit that pervades everything that is going on. While it is not my place to question the negative reviewers here, my sense is that they have had very unfortunate, but isolated negative experiences. Everyone I know has a very positive opinion of Galloway.

Last modified The Galloway School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12