No rating

Mount Vernon Presbyterian School

Private | PK-12

Living in Atlanta

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $200,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,000.

Posted October 9, 2009

Our daughter enjoyes MVPS because of the great changes which has taken place this year. She is a leader and the new adminstration has allow her to walk in her gifts. This is just one of the reason. Her teachers are challenging and supportive.

Posted October 9, 2009

Mount Vernon Presbyterian is a family community and we are proud that our daughter (Class of 2013) is now in her 10th year at this great school (K-9th). It is a very special place for our family and we look forward to future growth of the school.

Posted October 7, 2009

Everyone is so friendly and is willing to work together. We all really care about the kids!

Posted October 6, 2009

I had the opportunity to volunteer at our annual golf tournament and spend some quality time with some of the upper school students yesterday. Being the mother of 2 students in the lower school, I was extremely impressed with the social skills, exemplary manners and positive attitudes of these sharp teenage students. To me, that is the values and teachings of Mount Vernon Presbyterian School personified. An impressive group of teens that I can only hope my kindergartner and 2nd grader will be like. MVPS is a wonderful school.

Posted October 6, 2009

I love this school. The teachers and staff are wonderful! They go the extra mile for the students. They really care about the students.

Posted October 5, 2009

Mount Vernon is an excellent school with outstanding teachers who care about their students. My children love the school and actively participate in the experience!

Posted October 5, 2009

Outstanding Christian Community with the most gifted teachers and faculty. Both the school and church are a blessing!

Posted October 5, 2009

MVPS has been a second home for my child; he has been able to grow and mature with the guidance from his teachers and peers. MVPS is such a warm environment for all children and parents; you definitely feel like you are part of something special.

Posted October 5, 2009

I wish I had more positive things to say about Mount Vernon. While it provided me with a great education I don't like the direction it's headed in. I hope they win this money because there are some awesome people at this school. However, the leadership needs to realize the full potential that this school has and work towards reaching it. It's hard to watch the leadership take 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

Posted October 3, 2009

MVPS offers a strong academic curriculum in a nurturing environment that creates leadership skills in students.

Posted October 3, 2009

The dedicated and caring faculty help develop well rounded individuals. Friendly and helpful parents.

Posted October 3, 2009

Caring teachers, great learning enviroment

Posted October 2, 2009

Mount Vernon is an excellent academic, Christian school with a passionate staff, faculty, and parent/student community.

Posted October 2, 2009

Mount Vernon is a great community of students and staff that really care for one another. I have enjoyed working here and look forward to the future as we grow. It's an exciting place to be with grreat clubs and activities...especially the Drama Program!

Posted October 2, 2009

The teachers care so much about these kids! The school nurtures them academically, socially, physically and spiritually.

Posted October 2, 2009

The teachers are phenomenal. MVPS has a wonderful Christian atmosphere and a spectacular community of families.

Posted October 2, 2009

I love the environment at MVPS. Everyone is so encouraging and supportive of one another. We have wonderful teachers and faculty, and they bring out the best in every student!

Posted October 2, 2009

Mt Vernon Presbyterian School exemplifies all the qualities that a well-rounded, Christian preparatory school should. From academics to athletics to meaningful Christian values, Mt. Vernon has it all!

Posted October 2, 2009

We have been involved with Mt Vernon Presbyterian School for 3 years and have been very pleased with the quality of the teaching and administrative staff, the facilities, the extra curricular activities, and the warm and caring environment. There are a lot of private school options in our area and I am very pleased with our choice of MVP. I have recommended it to multiple other families.

Posted October 2, 2009

Mt.Vernon has been a wonderful experience for my daughter. It's an amazing school with a edicaated faculty, staff and administration. My child will be well prepared for college and Mt. Vernon will help her gain admission to her college of choice.

Asian 3% 2%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Presbyterian
Associations
  • NAIS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious