PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I cannot say enough good things about Mount Vernon. My older daughter attended another private school and found school boring and did not like it, and as such, I started looking at other schools. When I went to Mount Vernon's open house, I was so impressed with the school and literally felt blessed to have discovered it. My daughter started in 2nd grade, and it was as though her light switch flipped on. She became another kid and started absolutely loving school. She is now in 7th grade and actually still cries when school is over in the summer, because she loves it that much., and cannot wait for the new year to start. What strikes me about Mount Vernon is that it is all about the students and how they can be engaged in their learning and pushed to achieve. In our old school, it seemed to be all about the teachers and administration. And, the teachers at Mount Vernon are absolutely unbelievable. When I attended 7th grade curriculum night this year, I could not get over how impressive the teachers are. And it is like that every year! I also love how Mount Vernon is really leading the way in how to educate our children in the 21st century. I see correlations between what they are doing and what the universities I attended are doing, and that really excites me. Last but not least the school community itself is wonderful between the school leadership, teacher, parents and students. We love our school!! I should mention that my younger daughter started school there, so she has not known any other place and she loves it as well. Lastly, did I mention the student to teacher ratio? You Just can't beat it.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My older daughter has ADHD and the school definitely supports her.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The Head of School and all of the school's Leadership team are fantastic.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is a Christian school that ensures students live the school norms and values

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are amazing!! They are all so passionate about what they do.

Twice - seven years apart - we chose MVPS for our sons. We've seen the school from Kindergarten through 12th grade and have been amazed at the success of the students as the administration aggressively evolves the learning/teaching methods to adapt to the expectations of a 21st century economy. This school can help students of all interests and abilities thrive while exploring their interests and passions. The quality of the commitment is outstanding, the quality of the drive to succeed as a school is even better. This school is a perfect mix of innovation, resources, driven administrators and family community support.

I am extremely proud to be a part of such an amazing school. As a parent, I've watched 2 children grow tremendously during their time here. Mount Vernon Presbyterian School is more than a school - it's a community. The staff, parents and students are a joy to be around. The arts program is thriving and growing every year, as is the sports program. This school is so amazing and though we love the small class sizes for our children, we see expansion happening at every level. Our hope is that the school doesn't grow too fast! Not sure why the September 2016 reviewer was so negative, but it prompted me to write this review based on how inaccurately it reflects our experience at MVPS.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

We have not encountered any issues of this nature in all of our time at the school.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Each student is encouraged to learn at their own pace, even if it's different from those around them.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Leadership is growing the school in a wonderful way. Great vision for the future!

Last modified Mount Vernon Presbyterian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12