Marist School

Private | 7-12

Living in Atlanta

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $309,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $970.

Sweep tile

Posted May 20, 2012

Marist School is great for the academic, athletic, and spiritual self. They have something for everyone. The drama department is amazing, the athletic department is very serious at what they do, and the academic is 100% ready to get you/your child ready for college. They teach you how to juggle multiple things at once, which is especially good for college. I love this school and everything about it. Blue and Gold!

Posted April 15, 2012

The best school in Greater Atlanta, or even Georgia for that matter. I wish everyone had a chance to go to this amazing school like I had. The academics, sports, and the over all environment get students "college ready." It has amazing leadership and "peers to peers" so a child will never be nervous on the first day. Not only it thought be to be a strong student mentally, but spirituality as well. Not all of my friends were Catholic so it had a great diversity. I hope to see you on the Alumni list! War Eagle Fever!

Posted August 21, 2011

Outstanding education! Great environment! Wonderful leadership! I have 2 children in the school. we have been part of the school for 6 years and we are waiting to have our third child be part of this wonderful education. Academics are very strong and the extra curricular choices are limitless. You can find incredible arts, drama, music,sports, debate, languages...etc... There is so much to choose from, there will be something for every child.

Posted April 6, 2010

Marist provides an outstanding high school environment. They strive for excellence in everything that they do and I feel that they achieve it. Many people know Marist as a sports powerhouse, but it also has a stellar Fine Arts program led by one of the most respected Art History professors in the U.S. My son was very involved in music and theatre over the last four years and those programs are extremely professional, turning out serious musicians and actors. One of the best parts of the school is its spiritual life. A majority of kids are involved in the retreats where they find a safe place to explore their faith journey and feel validated by their peers. Many Marist alums are on staff, which is a strong endorsement of the quality and culture. We are not Catholic, but we were extremely comfortable there.

Posted March 21, 2010

As a current 8th grader at marist i can't say that it isnt one of the best things i've ever done. It is extremely overwhelming but a wonderful college prep.Go war eagles!

Posted April 11, 2009

As a graduate of Marist, and soon to be graduate of college, I've had some time to look back on my time at Marist and I can honestly say there isn't a more well rounded education in Atlanta. Marist over prepared me for my college life as I attended a top 30 college and found my freshman year to be a breeze. Additionally, the emphasis on sports helped me as I stayed very active and involved in intramurals, keeping me physically in shape throughout college. But there is also the service and retreats of Marist that help develop the other side of the student that most other schools lack. Overall, marist prepared me very well and at a time when the markets are down and jobs are hard to come by, I will be employed next year.

Posted December 20, 2008

it has prepared my children for college better than anything ever could

Posted November 7, 2008

As an alumnus of Marist, and soon to be graduating from college, I can't look back and say that it was completely positive. It seems like Marist puts a tremendous amount of pressure on students, which is the reason why many of my friends transferred from there. Athletic programs are top notch, but overwhelming- I feel that many times the football program received the attention that the academics lacked. In preparation for college, however, this school is pretty experienced- I was very happy with that. If my parents and I could do it again though, it would probably be Holy Innocents' instead.

Posted October 29, 2008

My daughter started Marist in 7th grade and enjoys the school very much. Initially, she was not a very competitive person (by nature). However, she has learned to be competitive because the atmosphere of the school is such. The school encourages development of he whole child (academics, sports and self). If I could change one thing, it would be to increase the racial diversity of the schools. It so important to teach our children to get along and be tolerate of others.

Posted August 20, 2008

My daughter started Marist as a freshman in 2005. She will be a Senior this year! I would definitely recommend that your child start in the 7th grade. The transition can be difficult when coming in as a freshman. I would say that if your child plays a Varsity sport, they CAN get good grades. My daughter has been on the dean's list since she started at Marist. I would also have to admit that there isn't much time for a social life when playing a sport and studying. We encourage our daughter to make time for that as often as possible. Overall Marist has been a great experience for our daughter. She will be attending a private college this time next year on both a athletic and academic scholarship. Due largely to her teachings and guidence here at Marist.

Posted May 8, 2008

My daughter began at Marist in 7th grade after attending another Atlanta private school. We have been extremely impressed with the outstanding job Marist has done to integrate our daughter into the school. We have been warmly welcomed and our daughter is extremely happy and successful academically, socially and athletically. The opportunities for our daughter to learn leadership skills in a positive environment have been immense - we are extremely happy at Marist.

Posted April 29, 2008

Marist is a very challenging school that puts a lot of emphasis on academics and sports. The sports are awesome; it seems like everyone is athletic and full of school pride. The varsity teams are very competitive and always do well on a state level. The academics are very competitive; grades matter too much. Marist is a great college prep school, but while I was at Marist, I felt like everything I did was to get into a good college. I studied A LOT in high school, much more than my friends who went to other schools. Trust me, you won't have to 'learn how to study' in college. Overall, Marist was a positive experience for me. It definitely has a lot of cliques and lacks diversity, but everyone seems to grow closer through the years.

Posted March 2, 2008

I am currently attending Marist as a junior and in my opinion I believe that it is almost close to impossible keep up your grades and do a varsity sport, and also have sort of a social life. And they do put a lot of pressure on their students which is not always good. But the people that you meet there are very friendly and generous.

Posted November 9, 2007

The Marist school has been academically challenging for all of my children. The availability of extracurricular activities is second to none for a school of this size. A student will not want for things to do outside the classroom. There is a pervasive feeling of community among the parents and students. Parental involvement is what makes the school work, from school spirit to faculty appreciation events. A wonderful school if you want your child in a christian/catholic learning environment that will help them get in to a top notch college.

Posted August 16, 2007

I am currently attending marist right now. Even though marist is tough, it prepares you for life after marist. If you do not receive good grades at marist, it is beacuse your lazy usually. They offer tutorial for anyone after school to get all the help they need. But you have to relize that B's are good grades too. If you are tryin to get looked at for sports in college, marist is the best. They have over 60 extracurricular activities for boys and girls alike. Marist is becoming more diverse with new CFO Mrs.Hanson they are now letting offering scholerships.

Posted November 22, 2006

As a student that has formally attended Marist, I feel that Marist has overall had a negative effect on me. It puts an incredible amount of pressure on their students, leaving them worried and stressed for most of high school. There is little to no diversity, which creates an extremely unrealistic environment. Overall, Marist provides a wonderful education and an extremely negative environment.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 9, 2006

Marist, Great school with wonderful teachers. The right choice for any parent who wants their child to have a grat education.

Posted November 5, 2005

I have put 5 children through Marist with someone in attendance in the 70's 80's90's and the last graduating in 2002. It is a great educational institution, challenging and focused on building chacter and academic skills. all of my children have gone on to strong college programs and have done well. the return of Fr. Konzen as Principal was an outstanding move for the school since we had begun to lose our focus as a Catholic school. He is a fine educator who brought us back to our roots while at the same time supporting a myriad of extra curricular opportunities, sports programs for all, as well as a serious Fine Arts program.

Posted May 8, 2005

I am currently a junior, and while I love my school, they have begun to change for the worse. This is a very well-established Catholic institution, but this is the only thing they wish their students to be: good Catholics. It is more about grades now than the well rounded student. With that said, however, I would never choose another school because I feel I am more prepared for college than I could have been anywhere else.

Posted February 13, 2005

I have gone to Marist since the seventh grade. My first years at Marist were amazing. I loved the athletics, the people, and most of all the overall sense of community. Well when Fr. Hartnett left and Fr. Konzon and Fr. Egan took over, everything started going down hill. In the past Marist attracted well-rounded students, they were very smart but also had other interests. This has all changed now only the 'smart' kids seem to come to Marist. The Junior and Senior Class seem to be the only ones who remember and act of the old Marist way of life. All of the students hate some of the changes that these two new Priests have made. Now it is very challenging even for the smart child to get an A or B in a class, & there is no attention on sports or arts.I wish the old way was back.

Asian 3% 2%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Fr. Joel Konzen
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NAIS
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Atlanta