Atlanta, GA
Students enrolled: 1,079

Posted April 08, 2015
For the parent who posted the comment on Feb 21 saying that Marist is not a Diversity school. Your comment might be right in some way but you did not find out the facts before making a statement. I found that Marist is a wonderful school with many opportunity for the children. Strong academic, good sports and many programs which the children can be benefit from. Not many black students applied to Marist may be due to the cost or the level of parent commitment required. Some black student who attended Marist doing very well (a few black students graduating this year actually received a very good scholarship to colleges). The black students at Marist that I know doing very well in many program: arts, music, sports, debate, academic .... I am a non white parents and I am a very happy with Marist education and program. Please do not say bad thing if you have not investigate the information thoroughly. For your information, there is a black coach in the Football team this year .... coach Leigh Torrence. I saw him there.

Marist School 1

Posted February 21, 2015
Marist is a school that lacks diversity of any kind. Not only are there few black students but there are no black head coaches and you can count the black educators on one hand and have multiple fingers remaining. If your black child is not an athlete they can expect to be marginalized at best and ostracized with extreme disdain at worst. The student cliques that form at this school are vicious by any reasonable measure. I am truly saddened by the divisive, non inclusive reputation that this "school" has rightfully earned in our alleged post racial society.
5 people found this helpful

Posted May 20, 2012
Marist School is great for the academic, athletic, and spiritual self. They have something for everyone. The drama department is amazing, the athletic department is very serious at what they do, and the academic is 100% ready to get you/your child ready for college. They teach you how to juggle multiple things at once, which is especially good for college. I love this school and everything about it. Blue and Gold!

Posted April 15, 2012
The best school in Greater Atlanta, or even Georgia for that matter. I wish everyone had a chance to go to this amazing school like I had. The academics, sports, and the over all environment get students "college ready." It has amazing leadership and "peers to peers" so a child will never be nervous on the first day. Not only it thought be to be a strong student mentally, but spirituality as well. Not all of my friends were Catholic so it had a great diversity. I hope to see you on the Alumni list! War Eagle Fever!

Posted August 21, 2011
Outstanding education! Great environment! Wonderful leadership! I have 2 children in the school. we have been part of the school for 6 years and we are waiting to have our third child be part of this wonderful education. Academics are very strong and the extra curricular choices are limitless. You can find incredible arts, drama, music,sports, debate, languages...etc... There is so much to choose from, there will be something for every child.

Posted April 06, 2010
Marist provides an outstanding high school environment. They strive for excellence in everything that they do and I feel that they achieve it. Many people know Marist as a sports powerhouse, but it also has a stellar Fine Arts program led by one of the most respected Art History professors in the U.S. My son was very involved in music and theatre over the last four years and those programs are extremely professional, turning out serious musicians and actors. One of the best parts of the school is its spiritual life. A majority of kids are involved in the retreats where they find a safe place to explore their faith journey and feel validated by their peers. Many Marist alums are on staff, which is a strong endorsement of the quality and culture. We are not Catholic, but we were extremely comfortable there.

Posted March 21, 2010
As a current 8th grader at marist i can't say that it isnt one of the best things i've ever done. It is extremely overwhelming but a wonderful college prep.Go war eagles!

Posted April 11, 2009
As a graduate of Marist, and soon to be graduate of college, I've had some time to look back on my time at Marist and I can honestly say there isn't a more well rounded education in Atlanta. Marist over prepared me for my college life as I attended a top 30 college and found my freshman year to be a breeze. Additionally, the emphasis on sports helped me as I stayed very active and involved in intramurals, keeping me physically in shape throughout college. But there is also the service and retreats of Marist that help develop the other side of the student that most other schools lack. Overall, marist prepared me very well and at a time when the markets are down and jobs are hard to come by, I will be employed next year.

Posted December 20, 2008
it has prepared my children for college better than anything ever could

Posted November 07, 2008
As an alumnus of Marist, and soon to be graduating from college, I can't look back and say that it was completely positive. It seems like Marist puts a tremendous amount of pressure on students, which is the reason why many of my friends transferred from there. Athletic programs are top notch, but overwhelming- I feel that many times the football program received the attention that the academics lacked. In preparation for college, however, this school is pretty experienced- I was very happy with that. If my parents and I could do it again though, it would probably be Holy Innocents' instead.

3790 Ashford Dunwoody Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA  30319