7-12|Private
1,079 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

most well rounded school in UGA! Athletics/spiritual/academics. These racial comments are ridiculous...see: Omari Hardwick. I would definitely send my child here...black, white, yellow or orange

Amount of homework: Disagree

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much. way too much. A lot Go to bet at 12, just finish homework at 11

We recently had our son enrolled in middle school here and we thankfully pulled him out ahead of high school. The parent post of February 21st 2015 is unfortunately spot on when it comes to minority students and it saddens me beyond measure. Our son was taunted, teased, and maligned by the other students and it was reprehensible. The contempt for minority non-student athletes appears to be ingrained into the culture of this school and parents should be on guard.

My daughter graduated from the school two years ago. The academic program is very strong and very competitive. We are catholic and a Christian school that supported our faith was very important to us. Our disappointment was with some of the students and their families. Our daughter, who is half Asian, had to endure remarks, jokes, teasing from the other students. She handled it beautifully and did not want us to talk to the school about it, it makes me wonder about the families that sent their kids to Marist! Diversity and acceptance does not seem to be a part of the school environment and the families

We are grateful our children were able to attend Marist School, not only for the academics and the sports programs, but for extraordinary parental involvement. We as parents acknowledge the tremendous participation and influence Marist had in our children's success. The close and supportive friendships our children still have with their Marist classmates always amaze us. The Marist cohesiveness and influence is lifelong.

For the parent who posted the comment on Feb 21 saying that Marist is not a Diversity school. Your comment might be right in some way but you did not find out the facts before making a statement. I found that Marist is a wonderful school with many opportunity for the children. Strong academic, good sports and many programs which the children can be benefit from. Not many black students applied to Marist may be due to the cost or the level of parent commitment required. Some black student who attended Marist doing very well (a few black students graduating this year actually received a very good scholarship to colleges). The black students at Marist that I know doing very well in many program: arts, music, sports, debate, academic .... I am a non white parents and I am a very happy with Marist education and program. Please do not say bad thing if you have not investigate the information thoroughly. For your information, there is a black coach in the Football team this year .... coach Leigh Torrence. I saw him there.

Marist is a school that lacks diversity of any kind. Not only are there few black students but there are no black head coaches and you can count the black educators on one hand and have multiple fingers remaining. If your black child is not an athlete they can expect to be marginalized at best and ostracized with extreme disdain at worst. The student cliques that form at this school are vicious by any reasonable measure. I am truly saddened by the divisive, non inclusive reputation that this "school" has rightfully earned in our alleged post racial society.

Marist School is great for the academic, athletic, and spiritual self. They have something for everyone. The drama department is amazing, the athletic department is very serious at what they do, and the academic is 100% ready to get you/your child ready for college. They teach you how to juggle multiple things at once, which is especially good for college. I love this school and everything about it. Blue and Gold!

The best school in Greater Atlanta, or even Georgia for that matter. I wish everyone had a chance to go to this amazing school like I had. The academics, sports, and the over all environment get students "college ready." It has amazing leadership and "peers to peers" so a child will never be nervous on the first day. Not only it thought be to be a strong student mentally, but spirituality as well. Not all of my friends were Catholic so it had a great diversity. I hope to see you on the Alumni list! War Eagle Fever!

Outstanding education! Great environment! Wonderful leadership! I have 2 children in the school. we have been part of the school for 6 years and we are waiting to have our third child be part of this wonderful education. Academics are very strong and the extra curricular choices are limitless. You can find incredible arts, drama, music,sports, debate, languages...etc... There is so much to choose from, there will be something for every child.

Last modified Marist School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12