PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

My son, who is a rising 3rd grade, loves going to school. The faculty, teachers and classroom moms are all very engaging and caring. At first, we were apprehensive of sending our son to this school compared to other schools (Lovette, Westminster and Marist), but we are very glad that we chose SMES. It's small enough that your child will get every attention he/she needs, but big enough to spread their wings. 2 thumps up!

We have two children at SMES and couldn't love it more. Our children couldn't be more different and SMES does a wonderful job of challenging and nurturing both of them. I would recommend this school to anyone and everyone.

I do NOT recommend this school. The cliques are outrageous. I wake up every morning upset that I have to go to this madhouse. They say they take care of bullying, but they do 0% good job taking care of bullying. Kids get bullied all the time during class and the teachers do NOTHING about it. They also cyber bully over group chats and students bring up what kids say about people up to the school, and they did nothing to take care of this situation. Also, they hand out demerits like its nothing. If you forget your chrome book in a class room for a 2nd time, they will take it for 1 week and give out a demerit. not only does it get you behind on your school work, but it adds a demerit onto your record. I am so happy I am leaving next year.

My two children have attended St. Martins for 4 years. It's an amazingly loving and highly academic school. Once you are there, the only bad thing about St. Martin's is that it ends after the Eight Grade!!

St. Martin's is amazing. This is my tenth year here, and I have pretty much loved every minute of it. It is Pre- K through 8th grade. I am now in 8th grade, and I am so sad to leave next year. Our high school placement director is amazing, and I will be happy at my next school, as well. The parent involvement is amazing, and our technology department is perfect. All 8th graders are supplied chromebooks, and all 5th graders get IPads. We are hoping to extend this program though. I have NEVER met a teacher at SMES that is rude or that does not strive to help students. We have a learning disability specialist that helps contact teachers for you if you have learning disabilities and she just works with the kids as a whole. It is a little bit cliquey, but EVERYONE has friends. We are one big family, but there are closer friends than others, as one may expect from any school. It is most definitely a heavy workload, but it really is worth it. Come check out SMES and our new facility.

I have been going to this school for 7 years. My school is from grades pre-school - 8th grade. It teaches so much on not only academics, but also respect\manners, electronics, physical education, and more. Each teacher takes his\her time to get to know each student and their needs. Even my principal Dr. Macfarlane memorized each and every student and supported me on my ideas. I excited to go into middle school this coming up year because I will get even more chance to show what I am like through sports, and after school clubs. Are school may have uniforms, but they have non-uniform days all the time. It's great! If any student have trouble some teacher and students will tutor (other) students to get them back on track. Also, we have a student counselor to help named Ms. Johnson who can really help and make you feel better. In elementary school you take language arts, math, science, and social studies as your academic classes, but in middle school they take it one step further with French or Spanish. They are in the loop with electronics by giving each child a email for school and an account on the school website, and by teaching each child with iPads, laptops, and computers.

St. Martin's is the best school in the whole world! You get to interact with everyone, not just the kids in your grade. The work-load is challenging enough that you get a quality education but it is not to overwhelming. You have great educators who really care about how you learn and will give you any extra help that you need. The studyhall/ recess time is a great break during the day to relax and hang out with friends. It is not hard to find your place in the social aspect. There is a place for everyone no matter what your interests are. I am sad to be leaving this amazing family this year but I will be returning to vist often!!!!

We have been parents for three years so far and can't wait to send our second child there. It's hard to imagine a more sincere, caring, thoughtful bunch of educators. If you're looking for college prep in a Christian setting without a lot of the extra social pressure of larger private schools, St. Martin's is a fine place to be.

This school is both educationally challenging and very socially high-strung. Though it has many culteral celebrations and fun events, the cliques are outrageous. The current 6th grade has cliques with inside jokes and exclusion. Its a mad house.

I am a student here. It is kind of hard. If I miss a day of middle school, I will be given homework in all of my classes, and it is sometimes overwhelming. I know I sound like a normal kid complaining about my school, but a typical week includes a french or spanish quiz, once a month there is a french or spanish test. Every other week we have one or two language arts quizzes. We have book reports due every month. Every two weeks we have a math quiz. Once in 3 weeks science tests are given. It is just overwhelming sometimes. The grading is also graded differently than average. It is stricter in grading as well. While I could be getting an A at one school if I had a 90% in a class, here 90% counts as a B+, 92%-100% is an A.

Last modified St Martins Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8