Posted September 27, 2014
My two children have attended St. Martins for 4 years. It's an amazingly loving and highly academic school. Once you are there, the only bad thing about St. Martin's is that it ends after the Eight Grade!!

Posted January 21, 2014
St. Martin's is amazing. This is my tenth year here, and I have pretty much loved every minute of it. It is Pre- K through 8th grade. I am now in 8th grade, and I am so sad to leave next year. Our high school placement director is amazing, and I will be happy at my next school, as well. The parent involvement is amazing, and our technology department is perfect. All 8th graders are supplied chromebooks, and all 5th graders get IPads. We are hoping to extend this program though. I have NEVER met a teacher at SMES that is rude or that does not strive to help students. We have a learning disability specialist that helps contact teachers for you if you have learning disabilities and she just works with the kids as a whole. It is a little bit cliquey, but EVERYONE has friends. We are one big family, but there are closer friends than others, as one may expect from any school. It is most definitely a heavy workload, but it really is worth it. Come check out SMES and our new facility.

Posted July 25, 2013
I have been going to this school for 7 years. My school is from grades pre-school - 8th grade. It teaches so much on not only academics, but also respect\manners, electronics, physical education, and more. Each teacher takes his\her time to get to know each student and their needs. Even my principal Dr. Macfarlane memorized each and every student and supported me on my ideas. I excited to go into middle school this coming up year because I will get even more chance to show what I am like through sports, and after school clubs. Are school may have uniforms, but they have non-uniform days all the time. It's great! If any student have trouble some teacher and students will tutor (other) students to get them back on track. Also, we have a student counselor to help named Ms. Johnson who can really help and make you feel better. In elementary school you take language arts, math, science, and social studies as your academic classes, but in middle school they take it one step further with French or Spanish. They are in the loop with electronics by giving each child a email for school and an account on the school website, and by teaching each child with iPads, laptops, and computers.

Posted April 12, 2012
St. Martin's is the best school in the whole world! You get to interact with everyone, not just the kids in your grade. The work-load is challenging enough that you get a quality education but it is not to overwhelming. You have great educators who really care about how you learn and will give you any extra help that you need. The studyhall/ recess time is a great break during the day to relax and hang out with friends. It is not hard to find your place in the social aspect. There is a place for everyone no matter what your interests are. I am sad to be leaving this amazing family this year but I will be returning to vist often!!!!

Posted March 02, 2011
We have been parents for three years so far and can't wait to send our second child there. It's hard to imagine a more sincere, caring, thoughtful bunch of educators. If you're looking for college prep in a Christian setting without a lot of the extra social pressure of larger private schools, St. Martin's is a fine place to be.

St Martins Episcopal School 2

Posted March 02, 2010
This school is both educationally challenging and very socially high-strung. Though it has many culteral celebrations and fun events, the cliques are outrageous. The current 6th grade has cliques with inside jokes and exclusion. Its a mad house.

St Martins Episcopal School 2

Posted February 06, 2010

St Martins Episcopal School 3

Posted January 25, 2010
I am a student here. It is kind of hard. If I miss a day of middle school, I will be given homework in all of my classes, and it is sometimes overwhelming. I know I sound like a normal kid complaining about my school, but a typical week includes a french or spanish quiz, once a month there is a french or spanish test. Every other week we have one or two language arts quizzes. We have book reports due every month. Every two weeks we have a math quiz. Once in 3 weeks science tests are given. It is just overwhelming sometimes. The grading is also graded differently than average. It is stricter in grading as well. While I could be getting an A at one school if I had a 90% in a class, here 90% counts as a B+, 92%-100% is an A.

Posted January 22, 2010
We have been at SMES for 8 years and have been extremely happy! It is a very warm and loving environment for the children. The facilities are beautiful. Even the middle schoolers get a chance for recess, time outside for some fresh air. The middle schoolers also have a study hall period, which is great. There are sports teams that all kids can be involved with, no matter the level of expertise. Chapel is every Monday, and prayer is a part of the school day. The programs are wonderful, like a huge Veterans day program where Veterans who are family members are honored in an Assembly. The teachers are loving, and the staff is very responsive. Parents are very involved and from all different walks of life. It is not perfect, but it is very close to ideal!

Posted December 10, 2009

St Martins Episcopal School
3110 Ashford Dunwoody Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA  30319
Last modified St Martins Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Martins Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top