PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Whenever there is a potential bullying issue, it is discussed, determined and the student is made aware that the conduct is not acceptable and then the student is given several ways to better handle the situation (both sides).

Develops character: Strongly agree

Everyone is on the same moral compass.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are knowledgeable and consistently provide a very positive and supportive environment.

My daughter has been going to Landmark since first grade and she absolutely loves attending school. She has learned so much and has a loving, mutually respected environment. I wanted my daughter to attend a Christian environment where I know everyone is on the same page. The moral teachings come from the Bible. I even learn a thing or two every week! The teachers at Landmark really know each one of the students and consistently work on strengths and weaknesses so they will be well rounded when they get into adulthood. Super School!!!!

My two girls began at Landmark in 1st and 4th. We moved to Fayette County for the schools and found that the education was good but there was no personal connection with us or our children. In order for a child to reach their potential there has to be a connection between the students and the parents with the teacher. We found that at Landmark and our girls have soared. My oldest is now a junior at UGA with excellent grades and the Zell Miller Scholarship still in tact. She entered as a sophomore because of the college credit earned in Landmark classes taught by Landmark teachers. She is in the world in Athens and experiencing college life but not of the world. Her peers in her sorority respect her integrity and she has become a leader. Landmark delivered on everything we hoped for and blessed my husband and I as well. Is it perfect? This side of heaven no school will be. But, Landmark was the perfect school for our girls and our family. Schedule a tour and you will see why Landmark is a stand out in Christian education.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Each teacher brings something unique to the table. Every personality teaching style varies. While students may have styles they prefer learning how to be a good student in each environment is an essential life skill that will translate into their college and work careers later.

Amount of homework: Agree

The amount of homework at Landmark builds and at the high school level they are being prepared for the demands of college.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Landmark has an honor code that guides the discipline policy. Students are held accountable and grace is extended.

Having been a parent at bigger, older, perhaps more prestigious prep school before now, I would definitely recommend Landmark to a Christian family with an eye on college for their child. This is the fifth year for our two children and they have been blessed beyond measure academically, spiritually, socially, artistically and leadership-wise. The numbers do not lie. Landmark graduates are more than prepared for success in college and life, and my junior and eighth grader have matured and grown as thinkers. Granted, the school and its leadership is not perfect, but neither was their last school. And while Landmark has clearly been in a leadership transition for the past three years at the top, God is still in control and the missions and vision remain steadfastly the same thanks to the second tier of leaders. We've found that Landmark enjoys caring, knowledgeable principals, great teachers, a sound curriculum, good families, is financially strong, has a safe, well-groomed campus; and the people continue to give all the glory to God.

I can't say that I would recommend Landmark to other parents seeking a positive, Christian education for their kids. The leadership just isn't there. With other private options in the area, I'd suggest shopping around.

Last modified Landmark Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12