Posted February 15, 2013
We have nothing but great things to say about this unique school! Our daughters both attended grades 1-8. One is at UGA in the honors program and the other is currently deciding among many great options for college. Our girls have great memories and still miss the time they had there. They are still friends with many students, teachers and the principal there. The true "love of learning" that they were taught has stuck with them through high school and college. Many books that they read at Intown and projects they did were on a high school level which only made them more prepared for high school. They were nutured intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally. We only wish we had the time back to do it again, or better yet, attend ourselves!

Posted February 14, 2013
All three of my children attended Intown in grades 1-8. They then attended public high school. Intown School gave them a strong foundation to move on to high school and college. They were well prepared and very successful. Intown has a strong philosopy that encourages a love of learning using living books and hands on classroom experiences. The teachers are well engaged with the students. Parents are very involved with teachers, students and other parents. The curriculum challenges students in real learning not busy work. My children read books at Intown that they were later required to read in high school. They did term papers, projects and presentations that helped them grow academically and developed their confidence to work towards and achieve big goals. I strongly recommend Intown Community School.

Posted February 14, 2013
My children have attended Intown Community School for 9 years and counting. We love the small classes, the wonderful teachers, excellent curriculum, and the Christ-centered education that they are enjoying. I highly recommend this school and encourage you to check it out for yourself!

Posted February 13, 2013
I love Intown School. I have had my kids there for 10 years and I wouldn't trade their experience for the most expensive school in Atlanta. I have taught both public and private school and I can recommend ICS without reservations. The class sizes are very small, the teachers (ALL the teachers) care for the kids, do everything in their power to encourage a love of learning and strive to make the kids successful. My kids have mild learning disabilities and, although Intown does not have a special LD program, they are given accommodations, monitored by their teachers for understanding and have not been made to feel "less than" then the kids around them. For kids for whom school is difficult, I am very grateful that find school interesting and engaging. ICS is a loving place and most of the kids who come into the school seem to find their niche socially, whether they start their education at Intown or come in from another school . No school is perfect (they are full of people!), but ICS constantly looks to improve on a great thing. If you are a Christian family and have ever thought about sending your kids to private school, you owe it to yourself and your kids to check it out.

Posted December 13, 2012
We have been at Intown Community School for 8 years. My son will graduate this year. Intown has equipped him with skills that he will use for a lifetime. Not only how to prepare for a speech, write a research paper, or how to excel in Algebra, but it has also laid a foundation of hard work, perseverance and determination. A great school, indeed.

Posted September 07, 2010
We moved over to Intown in 4th and 5th grade. We absolutely love it. Our children have fun learning, can't wait to show us what they are working on each day, and are happy. They are reading books I read in high school, have service project days (visiting nursing home, special needs school for other kids, hospitals). They have chapel once a month and are memorizing Bible verses. This is a classical, hands on approach to motivating children to love learning and to become a student for life. At our other school (which we liked), our children had become bored with endless worksheets which were really just "busy work." Once we moved over, we really saw an immediate difference in both of our kids (who are each very different personalities). They are back to loving school!

Posted January 19, 2010

Intown Community School 4

Posted December 09, 2008
Great School! I take strong issue with some of the negative reviews here--the communication between the teachers and administrators is excellent; I've never known a parental concern to be dismissed; the kids make great friends (though like every school this can't be programmed). Since relationships develop over time, it is naturally true that the kids who have been together the longest have already established friendships. But I've found the teachers and kids to be very inclusive of new families. Of course, there are kids (likely the student who wrote the negative review) who have consistent difficulty with peers everywhere, and find it easier to blame the school/ others. I suspect their other siblings attend Intown and have good experiences. The school works hard to teach kids strong academics using great materials (vs just textbooks); mutual respect and kindness; personal responsibility; and joy in learning.

Intown Community School 0

Posted November 24, 2008
Intown Community School is a gem, and not to be taken for granted. Where else in Atlanta can you find a small, intimate school, where teachers care about and pray for your child? Where else will your child have the same depth of learning in history, arts and sciences? I two children who have attended Intown since the first grade. They are currently in 6th and 8th grades. Their understanding of history (and not just American history) and world events is amazing. Their love of learning, appreciation for literature, music and art is a joy for a mother to witness. Intown is preparing children to go out into the world and be leaders. Students at Intown regularly make presentations, and participate in dramas. All teaching at Intown is permeated by a love for God, love for fellow man and love for nature. This is a REAL Christian worldview!

Posted November 17, 2008
My son went there for sixth grade and really misses this school and the friends he made. This school has good biblical teaching and caring teachers. I enjoyed getting to know the middle school students and parents. I like that they read great books through out the year that tie in with the history and other lessons.

Intown Community School
2059 Lavista Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA  30329
Last modified Intown Community School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Intown Community School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top