PK-12|Private
1,160 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

I recently went to this school with my six year old daughter seeking information about the school. The girl in the front of the school was very very rude. I approached her and asked if I could speak with someone, she then told me to wait. I waited for 30minutes. She then left and never came back. After I got fed up of waiting I asked a security guard where could i find an administrator, he pointed to the room down the hall. I saw someone (forgot her name) then she gave me an information packet. she was extremely unprofessional in her demeanor. When i was leaving i saw that the front desk girl still didn't come back.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Individual attention is given to all along with daily feedback on assignments, progress, and areas of improvement

Develops character: Strongly agree

Honesty, integrity, and fairness are integral part of the IB program at AIS. These values of being taught day in, day out and constantly reinforced by the faculty.

Our daughter has been at AIS for 7 years. Can't say enough about the institution. They keep getting better and better every year. Great leadership at the top, but more importantly, totally dedicated teaching staff who genuinely care about our children. While the reputation of the school is outstanding, in the end, what we care most is the quality of instruction - and that is definitely a positive. The international IB program prepares children perfectly for the world they're about to enter. Great school!

Our Daughter has attended this school for 10 years now. The dual language program has left her totally fluent in two languages and the IB Program has taught her to think more broadly about the subjects she is being taught. Whenever I visit the school I am always impressed by the positive interaction between students, showing respect for each other. I do not believe that any school can totally eradicate all forms of bullying but, when cases come to light they are looked into and dealt with. I know of at least one case that resulted in expulsion recently. I cannot help thinking that some of the more negative reviews are posted by parents of older students who took issue over a necessary policy that required students who drive to school to park off campus. No school is perfect in every aspect but I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this great school to families interested in the IB Program and a dual language track.

It appears that the recent 7 reviews on 9/24/15 are all written by the same 'parent' and are all similar. Our 3 children were at AIS for past several years. We took them out of this terrible school 3 years ago due to serious bullying issues and academic and administrative slack. While I agree that all schools may have some degree of bullying issue, its the way AIS mishandles the bullying issues that is the problem. Basically, AIS does not acknowledge that there is ANY bullying problem. If you report it, they shrug it away, deny it, or blame your children. If a child is bullied and has emotional problem as a result of it, any degree of academics does not help. Academically, AIS has slacked off the curve. College counsellors all left last year to go to another school. Check out teachers' review of AIS (google it) and you will see how poorly teachers are treated at this school. Children are given preference based on how much money their parents contribute to the school. I just don't understand why someone would pay $23K per year to a school which is subpar academically, and has serious social issues as you can see in the reviews below. Thankfully, our children are at a different private school in Atlanta and are thriving well. After we left AIS and experienced the new school, we wondered why did we suffer through for so many years. What a difference we see in our children at the new school. Parents, be forewarned. Do your research.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Great teachers, very involved, they do offer free tutoring after school or during breaks. If a student is not performing well, teachers will contact their parents to follow up. This is something not very common in all the schools!

Amount of homework: Agree

AIS has its own policy regarding homework and teachers have to plan according to the policies. Although there are subjects that requires practice and it is necessary to leave homework in order to reinforce what they learned.

Develops character: Strongly agree

AIS is very strict regarding honesty, also the diversity of cultures teaches the kids to be fair with each other and since is an international school fairness is a major topic in it. The school exposes the students to different programs inside and outside the US which increases the integrity of each and every student in the school.

Having 3 kids, one graduated in AIS and other in the process to graduate next year, my first daughter was in AIS back in 1997, then we had to relocate, so I can share my experience of schools in US, Latin America and Asia and I feel blessed that my younger kids came back to AIS. By far is the best multicultural environment , great IB oriented education. Certainly there is no school in the world free of bullies or who's who situations, because that is a problem coming from homes not created at schools, although knowing children being bullied in other countries and in other US private schools, I loved the warmth and welcoming of AIS. At AIS There are great opportunities for parents to get involved, which helps to improve the quality of assistance to the students,because we the parents are the toughest supervisors a school could have. I know there are still a lot of teachers since 1997 and the school is always improving the faculty by bringing teachers from overseas , so that our kids can experience the teachings from other cultures, what makes the learning process more interesting for them. I am proud of my kids graduating from AIS not only because the great academic curriculum but also because they are graduating with a global sense of what a multicultural society is today.

Last modified Atlanta International School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12