PK-12|Private
1,194 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All of the teachers have been open, kind and communicate which is more than the school my son came from. We are very happy to see a great difference as our son now learns three languages including our home language.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Just the right amount of homework! A breathe and f fresh air, the children need time with family not more school at night.

Wonderful school that is doing something truly special. My son loves it and is thriving. AIS could be one of the best schools in Atlanta.

I recently went to this school with my six year old daughter seeking information about the school. The girl in the front of the school was very very rude. I approached her and asked if I could speak with someone, she then told me to wait. I waited for 30minutes. She then left and never came back. After I got fed up of waiting I asked a security guard where could i find an administrator, he pointed to the room down the hall. I saw someone (forgot her name) then she gave me an information packet. she was extremely unprofessional in her demeanor. When i was leaving i saw that the front desk girl still didn't come back.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Individual attention is given to all along with daily feedback on assignments, progress, and areas of improvement

Develops character: Strongly agree

Honesty, integrity, and fairness are integral part of the IB program at AIS. These values of being taught day in, day out and constantly reinforced by the faculty.

Our daughter has been at AIS for 7 years. Can't say enough about the institution. They keep getting better and better every year. Great leadership at the top, but more importantly, totally dedicated teaching staff who genuinely care about our children. While the reputation of the school is outstanding, in the end, what we care most is the quality of instruction - and that is definitely a positive. The international IB program prepares children perfectly for the world they're about to enter. Great school!

Our Daughter has attended this school for 10 years now. The dual language program has left her totally fluent in two languages and the IB Program has taught her to think more broadly about the subjects she is being taught. Whenever I visit the school I am always impressed by the positive interaction between students, showing respect for each other. I do not believe that any school can totally eradicate all forms of bullying but, when cases come to light they are looked into and dealt with. I know of at least one case that resulted in expulsion recently. I cannot help thinking that some of the more negative reviews are posted by parents of older students who took issue over a necessary policy that required students who drive to school to park off campus. No school is perfect in every aspect but I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this great school to families interested in the IB Program and a dual language track.

It appears that the recent 7 reviews on 9/24/15 are all written by the same 'parent' and are all similar. Our 3 children were at AIS for past several years. We took them out of this terrible school 3 years ago due to serious bullying issues and academic and administrative slack. While I agree that all schools may have some degree of bullying issue, its the way AIS mishandles the bullying issues that is the problem. Basically, AIS does not acknowledge that there is ANY bullying problem. If you report it, they shrug it away, deny it, or blame your children. If a child is bullied and has emotional problem as a result of it, any degree of academics does not help. Academically, AIS has slacked off the curve. College counsellors all left last year to go to another school. Check out teachers' review of AIS (google it) and you will see how poorly teachers are treated at this school. Children are given preference based on how much money their parents contribute to the school. I just don't understand why someone would pay $23K per year to a school which is subpar academically, and has serious social issues as you can see in the reviews below. Thankfully, our children are at a different private school in Atlanta and are thriving well. After we left AIS and experienced the new school, we wondered why did we suffer through for so many years. What a difference we see in our children at the new school. Parents, be forewarned. Do your research.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Great teachers, very involved, they do offer free tutoring after school or during breaks. If a student is not performing well, teachers will contact their parents to follow up. This is something not very common in all the schools!

Last modified Atlanta International School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12