Posted March 06, 2014
My son started this year, Pre-K 3. I am impressed with where he is academically and socially. He loves going to school. He is learning about himself, heritage and learning to read already. The staff is loving. It will be great for my son to graduate from high school with the other students in his class, they are so close and wonderful for each other. Over all, a great spirit at Imhotep Academy.

Imhotep Academy 4

Posted April 12, 2013
My husband and simply LOVE Imhotep Academy my daughter has attend since she was 3 yeas old she is now 9. The academics is fabulous. They challenge the students on a daily basis. Everyday is a teachable moment at Imhotep. The children are taught not be afraid and try are capable of doing so many things. The information my child is learning in elementary school did not happen for until I was in high school. It takes a village to raise a child that is what Imhotep is offering. Thank you for who you are.

Posted April 11, 2013
This school has been the best educational experience for my children, especially my boys. The expectations for learning is high and students are pushed to excel in a nurturing and family-oriented environment.

Posted April 11, 2013
The Imhotep Academy has been a great school for all 3 of my children. I cannot say enough about the level of academic provided. I applaud the teachers and administration for thier continue dedication. I recoment this school for anyone looking to excel thier childs education.

Posted April 11, 2013
I am a current parent of a 3rd grader at Imhotep and I PROUDLY support the endeavors of the committed parents of this school. As I watch my son go through the doors of Imhotep every morning...I breathe a sigh of relief because I'm confident in the education that he is receiving and that I'm leaving him with an administration that treats him like he belongs to them. When it is time for my son to apply to a preparatory high school, no one is going to ask "WHO REMODELED YOUR 3RD GRADE CLASSROOM?" But..they will ask about his TEST SCORES! This administration provides an environment where PROVEN academic excellence is the standard..not the exception and they have done it for 20 years! I applaud the teachers, the administration and the parents of Imhotep!

Posted February 27, 2013
Please don't waste your/child's time or money. The school lacks a strong admin. The admin is afraid to let the teachers use technology. Most of the teachers lack passion and creativity. Parents had to basically fund to remodel a classroom so that 2nd/3rd grade could have their own space.( The school had the parents pay 100% of the cost) The school has a high turn over rate. Can't seem to keep good teachers!

Posted March 01, 2012
Attention all parents, please disregard this school for your children. Thre are only about 39 children in 4-8th grade, and many teachers are not committed to teaching.

Posted October 11, 2009
Imhotep teaches one year above school level and supposedly adheres to the national standards but it is not evident with the type of instruction that my child received in the fourth grade. One major problem is that the school does not appear to have any written standards that the teachers can follow. The math instruction for 4th through 8th grade is terrible. My advice to anyone considering sending their child to the school is to find a good public school because the school is not worth the money.

Imhotep Academy 3

Posted January 07, 2009

Posted June 30, 2008
Excellent school, great administration, My 2 children has gone since age 3 1/2(both are 9 and 7) now. We left for 1 yr do to financial reason and I regretted them leaving, but will be returning to Imhotep in Fall 08. PUBLIC schools is not worth the risk. APS should be called Social Dysfunctional Schools instead of Public schools.

Imhotep Academy