Atlanta, GA

Posted August 12, 2009
I'm a current parent for the 2009/2010 school year and my child has attended Worthy's Christian Academy for the past two school years. Words cannot explain my appreciation for all they have done for my son. Every year my son test 1 - 2 grade levels above his grade level on the SAT. The children receive great attention and love at Worthy's which attributes to their well roundedness. I am so grateful that God lead me to Worthy's. Worthy's is giving my child a foundation that can not be shaken. He will be able to go on and exceed anywhere he attends because of his start at Worthy's. If you are looking for an environment that is loving, but also provides top notch education, Worthy's is it!

Worthy's Christian Academy 4

Posted July 29, 2009
My daughter attended Worthy's for 6 years and the school gave her a great solid foundation! She was taught Sign Language and Spanish and was reading at 3 years old. When she transitioned to public school, she was far ahead of her classmates. She still talks about the great home cooked meals she had every day at lunch. I don't think people will always like everything about a school but the teaching at Worthy's was outstanding for our family.

Posted July 26, 2009
As a former parent of 2 students that attended Worthy's Christian Academy from the Pre K-2 through 6th grades, I can truly say that they received the best educational foundation possible. They are currently straight A students, very well rounded and socially adjusted. Having African American males, I wanted them to have an education that provided a safe and supporting environment. The oldest son is a senior in high school, looking forward to attending Georgia Tech; and the youngest a Sophomore, who has aspirations of being Lawyer/Judge. Every experience and exposure provided by the teachers and staff as Worthy's has helped to make them the young men that they are today. My husband and I appreciate the love and dedication that was shown to our children. If you are looking for academics with nurturing and discipline, Worthy's is the place for you. You will not be disappointed.

Worthy's Christian Academy 1

Posted May 05, 2008
Please do not put your child in this school. The majority of the curent children are leaving this year and the school has gone down hill fast. The parents have no voice, the teachers live in fear of the owner and the fees continue to increase.

Worthy's Christian Academy 3

Posted January 23, 2008
The teachers are great and everything would be good if the owner/founder would stay home!

Worthy's Christian Academy 0

Posted January 14, 2008
Principal and Owner run the school with little or no regard to the parents. How they continue to get there NAEYC accredidation renewed is a mystery to me. Enrollment has dropped drastically in the last years and will continue to do so until the school closes.

Worthy's Christian Academy 1

Posted January 17, 2007
Worthy's Christian Academy is DEFINITELY not what it seems. My child began attending this school in the summer of 2006; during this time they appeared to be a great school that believes that children learn through content and exposure. However, since August, all they really are concerned about is how much you can give them. Initially, I was shown a larger area for my child's classroom, but it really was not her class. The area her class is in is EXTREMELY small and cluttered. I will admit that my child is learning, but I also know that any preschool child learns when he/she is with their peers and is constantly repeating information. My child's class spends very little time discovering which ultimately develops critical thinking skills. Their curriculum is suppose to be A-Beka but I have seen very little work to support the claim. This is definitely my child's LAST year.

Worthy's Christian Academy 2

Posted January 02, 2007
This school appears to have a strong instructional program for preschoolers but do not be mislead by this. Pay close attention to the discipline structure and the staff members' abilities to avoid answering your questions. Do not allow the fact that your child is learning overrule the fact that your child may be mistreated. Watch out for teacher turnover as well as staff incompetency.

Posted July 21, 2006

Worthy's Christian Academy 3

Posted May 30, 2006
I would recommend this school for preschool only. My daughter has attended this school since the age of 3 years old. Now that she is 6 years old, I am considering moving her because the 1st through 7th graders share the same classroom and pressure is placed on the students to learn curriculum that is not age appropriate. The teachers are not striving for the same goals so your child may encounter one teacher that truly understand the learning process and another that simply passes out grades and lacks motivation. The principal gives you the sense that she values your input in the beginning of the school year. However, as time passes you will begin to see that all that really matters is how well you contribute to fundraisers. In addition, she lacks sensitivity whenever you have a concern about your child's teacher.

Worthy's Christian Academy
330 Lynhurst Drive Southwest, Atlanta, GA  30311
Last modified Worthy's Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
Worthy's Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top