Posted January 27, 2015
We are new to Holy Spirit Prep this year, and so far have had an amazing experience. Our son attended the Atlanta Speech School for five years prior to transferring to HSP, and we were initially very nervous about the transition. We have been very pleasantly surprised. Our son receives small group instruction in Language Arts (he is Dyslexic) through the Resource Center, but is also in the Gifted Program and on the Honor Roll. It is refreshing to find a school that understands the connection between mild learning differences and high intellegence (it's called Twice Exceptional and is very common) and is prepared to support and challenge both situations. The teachers have been very helpful and patient with our quest to find the right ADHD medication scenario for our son, and we have been able to take him off stimulant medication altogether (after four years on them at Speech) in this loving and supportive setting. The students have been extremely welcoming and inclusive. Our son is happier than we have ever seen him! I can not recommend this school more highly -- they truly seek to educate the whole child and to help each student reach his or her greatest potential!

Posted August 28, 2014
We have not had a perfect 5-star experience in all categories, however, my child's overall experience as a middle school student has absolutely been 5-star excellent! The teachers are gifted, determined, resourceful, compassionate and challenging. The social environment and the culture of the HSP students is better than any parent could hope for in a major metropolitain area. I believe the administration's biggest concern should lie in the retention of the outstanding teachers, particularly at the upper school. We intend for our child to graduate from HSP and we pray that the current upper school faculty will still be in place and going strong, and perhaps include a few great additions. The administration would also do well to encourage the parent volunteer association leadership to take a more active role. It seems they are depending on "the grapevine" to get the word out about important events and initiatives. But I stand by my 5-star rating because my child's academic, athletic and social experience has been fantastic. Furthermore, it is my personal opinion that the more negative reviews on this site stem from a focus on the parent's experience, and not the student's.

Holy Spirit Preparatory School 2

Posted May 30, 2014
Quite a few families are not returning to this school next year and we are among them. I am glad someone brought up the subject of medicating the children to make them fit in. We have seen testing and medication brought up with numerous families. Attend any birthday party with children from this school and you will quickly learn that the parents are not happy with the direction that the school is going in. It is a very "in the box" school so if your child is a multisensory learner or a right brained learner, HSP might not be the best choice. There is no effort go teach your child the way your child learns; in a nutshell it is "this is how we teach and this is what you get." Once we started looking at other schools we quickly figured out that academically the school is not on par with other schools. As far as the teachers and staff, they are so loving and caring. I cannot say enough good things about the way they treated our children.

Posted May 19, 2014
Our son is graduating this year after 12 years at Holy Spirit. He exceled on the sportsfield and accademically through hard work, but we know that the wonderful teachers at Holy Spirit and the learning environment based on strong ethics and Catholic values has played a major role in making him what he is today. In particular, we are very happy to see the direction that the school has taken under guidance of the new adminsitration, and are excited to see what lies in the future for HSP. I know that ur son will always be a proud alumnus of HSP. We, as parents, are confident in the knowledge that he has the tools to take on bigger challenges out there to succeed as a human being, and child of Christ.

Holy Spirit Preparatory School 4

Posted April 27, 2014
Without a doubt HSP has had some growing pains. However, I have not regretted sending my children there. I have been a parent here at HSP since 1999! The last two years have been challenging but I am convinced the Board along with a great President have listened and implanted changes, all for the better! My children have done really well there, Academically, socially and spiritually. Their College options have been amazing, and they are working with my rising Senior so she too will have great options too. Three of my children have learning disabilities, each and every one of them have been catered too. I must stress, their learning challenges are very moderate, they must work a little harder but can keep up. This is not the school for a child with extreme disabilities as this is a school with high academic standards. This school has a warm friendly atmosphere. Everyone pretty much knows everyone, if this is what you are looking for in a school, coupled with strong academics, ethics, a spiritual life, access to warm and caring teachers, tutoring included in your tuition, this is the school for you. I gave the school 4 instead of 5 stars, its close but not there yet!

Posted April 14, 2014
HSP works with each student to ensure that they achieve success, based on what the student views as success. The smaller class sizes, the wide range of classes, the ability to participate at a high school level in sports, and the religious based education have greatly benefited our daughter. The school offers a great, safe environment for students to mature into young adults with great sucess when they go to college.

Posted April 13, 2014
HSP is a fantastic school. The previous two (maybe) posters are so wildly inaccurate that I really must seriously wonder about their bona fides and agenda. My child has been there for a decade (K - 9). We are no "insiders". We have never encountered an iota of any of the things alleged in the preceding comments. I would know if they existed at HSP. They don't. There's no bullying. Nothing even close is tolerated. There is no "anxiety"among the students. This is not just inaccurate but laughable. I have never seen a more happy, friendly, warm, kind, good bunch of kids anywhere. HSP really is a terrific, special place. My child has benefited so much in every way from attending. It is one of our greatest blessings to have found it. There are disgruntled people everywhere. A few kids have turned out to be troublesome after coming to HSPS and have not been allowed to return. Unfortunately, that is often unavoidable to maintain a sound, loving, nourishing, welcoming environment of excellence, and to avoid the very types of problems alleged, falsely, in the preceding comments. Pay no heed to those comments for any accurate assessment of HSP. Go see it for yourself. This all will be clear.

Posted April 13, 2014
My children have attended Holy Spirit Prep since preschool. My oldest is going to college next year - with more college acceptances and scholarships than we ever expected. My younger one is on track to do the same thing. Holy Spirit has a small, warm community that is rare. The teachers and administrators go to extraordinary efforts to help their students do their best - both in academics and as people. Sending our children to Holy Spirit Prep is the best decision we ever made as parents.

Posted April 13, 2014
A true gem of a school. Stellar academics; the Classics; deep faith; great college placement; broad extracurriculars; all in a small, caring environment and one of the loveliest neighborhoods in Atlanta. We started in kindergarten and have been there ever since. My now 9th grade daughter translates to and from Classical Greek, is in the National Latin Honor Society, runs in the state track championships, and talks with me about Demosthenes and DNA as maturely as an adult. Exactly the education I wanted for her. And she is a normal kid. She has accomplished this because of HSP the terrific teaching and high expectations, but also the nurturing environment and individual attention that all receive there. HSP is one of the few schools in the country that offer Classical Greek and Latin. Graduates land at Harvard, Yale, Ga. Tech, and the like. But HSP is not a pressure cooker; it is like a big family. The students are very good kids--happy, kind, welcoming, and supportive, across varied abilities and backgrounds. The place exudes warmth. The staff are accessible and responsive; the facilities are great. We are very blessed to have found HSP. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Posted April 13, 2014
Holy Spirit Prep is committed to helping each student discover his or her best self. Our school engages and supports the entire family creating an environment of positivity that is unlike other school communities. You can be confident that HSP will prepare your child for college and for life. Our graduate attend some of the nations finest universities and each student is viewed as an individual masterpiece of our creator.

Holy Spirit Preparatory School
4449 Northside Dr, Atlanta, GA  30327
Last modified Holy Spirit Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Holy Spirit Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top