PK-2|Private

Bad
Good

I have not been impressed with the school. I can not get a clear understanding of its curriculmn. It's a small and things could be more organized. Teacher's are dedicated but I believe the school is dated in a lot of areas. If you need a small nurturing environment this is the place. But excelling acadamically and being competive with other private schools, they are lacking. I like a more engaging and creative environment. If your child has some learning challenges, this may be a good fit.

excellent school teachers are very challening for my kids.loving and caring environment.highly educated teachers.

My daugther and I loved this school from the begining, the personnal attention she received from her teachers that helped reach her full potiental in her education upon graduation from I.P.I. and entering six grade she was on seventh grade level .

Over the two year I have been with IPI, I have seen great things from my child. At four, my child was reading, and continues to love read more than toys now at the age of six. I see great things coming from The Davenport School at IPI. I'm glad my child is still a student there. Keep up the high standard IPI, our children appreciates all that the teachers and staff are doing.

I've never seen students that pride themselves so much. After seeing the students in the Atlanta Journal Constitution, I.P.I. gives students the opportunity to be their best!

I am an aunt of two students at IPI. I know that for the youngest child who has a learning disability IPI is definitely a blessing. She has made so much progress there. The oldest child could possibly make it in public school, however he has done very well at IPI he does a remarkable job and outside of just schoolwork they learn a lot of Culture and I think that is also very important. A very pleased Aunt

I appreciate that tuition at I.P.I. is moderately priced, so that parents have an option for their children to receive a quality education. For a school that operates only on tuition and fees, I express the depth of gratitude our family has for I.P.I. Thanks for caring and being supportive. The love and concern shown our children are awesome. No matter how good the teachers are, they can not reach their full potential without an effective coach. Our Head at I.P.I. is just that! Her vision is truly a wonderful one. Keeping them there where the education they are getting is second to none, also, maintaining stability and consistency. The curriculum requires being challenged, focused, and mind-set for higher achieving, as well as, providing a balance in becoming responsible and successful young people. I.P.I.'s heritage dictates so sincerely what is desired for our children.

Hello all, upon first speaking to top staff I felt that this was the best choice out of a few private schools. How ever after being their for three weeks we had not received books. Lessons in math, reading, language was below his grade level, when it became time for tuition to be paid there was signs posted three days in advance everywhere. This schools focus was definitely money. The teachers are lacking in communication and very quick to point the finger when it is themselves at blame. Only one teacher for social studies issued homework consistently. You are definitely not welcome to express constructive criticism, after voicing an opinion you are not spoken to and talked about negatively. This was a waist of money and I consider my child fortunate not to have spent any real time there.

i am a former student at IPI and my experience there was wonderful. The programs their are design to build and encourage students become leaders and productive people in the community and to society. As a parent they ask for people to volunteer their own time to help the school out. I believe if your child is in anything, a parent should always be present as well. A wonderful family to bring your children into.

My child has attended IPI for 4 years. Yes one can say that at times the administration operates like a totalitarian government, but overall they have been wonderful. When dealing with IPI a parent must realize that they are a family of strong black women: southern, traditional, highly educated, and religious. They want what is best for the children and they do love them. Any problems, approach it with a willingness to work with the teachers and administration. For the money, IPI is well worth it's weight in gold. IPI has wonderful and creative teachers and last year I think has been their best ever. My son is at least 1 to 2 years more advanced than his public school counterparts. Yes, some nights may be 3 hour homework nights, but with parents working together with the school, any child should graduate prepared for the top private middle/high schools.

Last modified International Preparatory Institute is a Private school that serves grades PK-2