Atlanta, GA
Students enrolled: 1,015

Posted July 31, 2013
This school is horrible. The staff is very cold and they let the kids run around the school at all times of day. I even had a situation where my child was walking to the daycare that was close by without my notice. VERY BAD SCHOOL DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD HERE>>>>> YOU WILL REGRET IT, BIG TIME!

Posted April 24, 2013
My daughter started this school in February 2013. The facility is nice and the staff is ok. It needs a little fine tuning and some of the teachers need to understand they are there for the children.

Posted April 13, 2010
My daughter's teachers have devoted a lot of time to her over the years. She is an extremely smart little girl and they took notice of it.

Posted April 08, 2010
I have 2 children at this school, one of which has been here for two years. All I have to say is this school needs a whole new staff from administration down to the teachers. They need to start all over again with people who have a passion for teaching and a passion for safety and discipline. There are too many unruly children here and not enough adults who care about keeping them in check. I will be sending my children to a new school for the 2010-2011 school year. Academically, I think this school is behind.

Posted July 29, 2009
This school needs new management and needs a system in place for the students that need extra help(disruptive students)What about the students that are really there to learn?Very happy with the option to transfer out this year.NEW MANAGEMENT and MORE TEACHER THAT LOVE TO TEACH.I am grateful for all the good teachers out there.

Posted March 20, 2009
I agree with the teacher who wrote the previous review. I am a substitute teacher who took on a mutiple day assignment at Heritage Elementary School and every thing she said I experienced, including the administrations blatant lack of support or respect.

Posted November 28, 2008
This school is filled with violent and disruptive students that are given little to no consequences for their actions. The administration does not support teachers who have disruptive students in their classroom. The teachers are blamed for the students' actions. They are told they have no classroom management skills. Some of the behaviors students display are assualting teachers, destroying school property, fighting, throwing chairs and books, and emotional meltdowns. If you want your child to learn in a safe environment, this is not the place.

Heritage Elementary School 5

Posted April 23, 2008
This is great! The class sizes are small. The teacher is very involoved with the students. They send home wekkly progess reports so I always know how my daughter is doing in school. I even have her teachers cell phone number! Mrs. Wilcox is an excellent teacher! I'm going to miss this school. We're moving to Buford so my daughter will start 1st grade at Fort Daniel.

Heritage Elementary School 2

Posted May 29, 2007
This school could be a great place to learn if the administration would be more visible. Students are not held accountable for their actions. There is too much sugar coating going on with students as far as the administrative team is concerned. This is so sad! The quality of academic programs at this school is almost hhopless.

Heritage Elementary School 3

Posted April 15, 2007
My children have attended Heritage Elementary since Pre-K. They are happy with the activities, but my husband and I are not with several aspects of the school. There is an excellent step team and drama club, which have helped our children since their participation. The school has only one academic activity (Technology Club)that is limited due to staff. There is very little parent involvement in the PTA, yet very active when involving extracurricular activities. My husband and I do not feel many (not all)teachers show a passion for teaching or the school. Mrs. Sharron McIntyre has been one of our children's teachers and she surpassed all of our expectations of an excellent teacher. The principal is accessible, however, needs to work more towards raising the caliber of the school (i.e., discipline, academics, programming, parental involvement, and retention of good teachers).

2600 Jolly Rd, Atlanta, GA  30349
Last modified Heritage Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top