Dunwoody Springs Elementary School

Charter | PK-5

Posted March 26, 2008

I am so very sad that the school year is about over. My daughter has had Mrs. Agri this year in kindergarten and has loved going to school everyday. Mrs. Agri has an amazing way with young children. She encourages individuality, creativity and high academic achievement. I wish she would continue with my daughter all the way to 5th grade. Kudos to Dunwoody Springs for hiring such a fine teacher.

Posted July 27, 2007

We have been at the school for 3 years and are looking forward to the next. We have rising first and third graders who learn in different ways. The school has always been supportive whether it was additional work one or additional help for the other. Great School, principal, teachers, and staff. The diversity in the school is an asset to all.

Posted July 26, 2007

Great school. We bought a condo a just 2 miles away and had to change schools. My kids miss DSCS sooo much and so do I. I didn't appreciate it enough when they were there. Teachers are great, strong focus on core subjects and very good prep for the CRCT. If we could afford a house in that district, we would move in a heart beat!!!

Posted July 6, 2007

Great School. I really saw the improvement in my sons. Located in an area with expensive housing though. I Just bought a house and had to leave the area as I couldnt afford it. So sorry to leave.

Posted June 4, 2007

We like DS but it's a very diverse school. There are very few white children that attend. I wish it was more evenly diverse. I hate my child being the minority. Most of the teachers are great, the principal is awesome! It's a very clean school.

Posted May 30, 2007

My child went to DSCS this past school year. She had wonderful kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Agri. Mrs. Agri challenged my daughter over and beyond my expectations. I look forward to another outstanding year at DSCS.

Posted May 19, 2007

My child is in 4th grade and we love Dunwoody Springs. I feel the teachers and staff have done a remarkable job at this school with all teh children. We wanted Ms. Byrd for next year but we heard that she is not coming back. I do not understand this because my other child had Mr.Garrett two years ago and he left to go to another school. This is the only problem I have with this school. It does not seem to retain teachers.

Posted April 24, 2007

I transferred my daughters to Dunwoody Charter in August of 2006, in the time they have been in this school both have been placed on the principals honor roll, and my second grader math has improved to a higher level. Dunwoody Springs Charter School has far exceeded my expectations.And I look forward to another year with this school.

Posted February 21, 2007

DS is a new and very clean school, the Principal is usually on top of things. The teachers could be a little more patient with the kids, a lot of them seem to have a short fuse. I don't like my kids yelled at by anyone! DS is very diverse, there aren't that many white kids at the school, I wish it were more of an even mix. A lot of low income families attend.

Posted June 5, 2006

I was very pleased with this school. The teachers are nice and helpful and they pushed my children to excel.

Posted May 24, 2006

We sent our son to DSC for 5th grade after being at several different private schools. He has had a fantastic year and made great strides in all areas. We have Ms. Moskowitz especially, to thank, but there were many others. The energy at DSCE is fantastic--Ms. Bennett has a passion for excellence and it is contagious! We're moving on, but we are sure that under her leadership, the school will continue to prosper children.

Posted May 6, 2005

We have 2 boys at DSES-- now a Charter School! One in First grade (teacher of the year, Ms. Waddle) and the other in PreK (the wonderful Ms. Dockery). Our children are by far most the biggest responsibility my husband and I have. We are blessed to be at a school where each child is viewed as an individual and the needs of each child is met. Everyone from Mr. Bruce (the custodian), Mr. McMurray (an assistant),Ms. Bennett (the principal), and everyone in between are dedicated to the children's academic and social growth.

Posted March 19, 2005

My daughter has gone to Dunwoody Springs since she was in Pre-K, and I cannot say enough about this school. Everyone from the custodians (Bernard) to the principal (Ms. Bennett) have been wonderful. The teachers are outstanding (thank you Ms. Waddle!). I would highly recommend this diverse school to anyone.

Posted January 30, 2005

I have a 4th grader and a pre-K student at Dunwoody Springs. I have always been impressed by the attention given to my children's individual needs. The resources and facility are amazing, but what makes the school so great is the dedicated teachers and administration. My kids have a great group of diverse amazing friends, so I couldn't be happier. I know they will be well prepared for middle school and beyond.

Posted September 8, 2004

Our son is new to DSE this year and in Mrs. Gallagher's 4th grade class. We transferred him from a nearby charter school because of the of the wonderful curriculum and teachers we heard about here at DSE. We researched it and agreed. Transferring him to a new school was scary at first but we felt at home right away. Everything about this school has exceeded our expectations. His teacher is incredible, better than we dreamed. His TAG teacher is incredible and so innovative. His class size is small, the school is not overcrowded, the entire facility is beautiful, and Donna Bennett, the principal, is top-notch. Our son comes home everyday with a new exciting story to tell. When we asked him to rate the school on a scale of 1 to 10, he said it's a 2000. So there you have it.

Posted July 27, 2004

My son will be entering the 4th grade at this great school. He first enterered DSE in the 3rd Grade, his teacher Linda Pallay was actually very involved with my son's great progress and I am truly one satisfied parent. I was not as actively involved as I would liked to have been, but this school year I will hopefully be able to take part in some of the achools activities. Principal Bennett, thank you for such a great cirriculum and for your personal interest in our student. -Roseanne Blakeney, a very satisfied parent.

Posted May 26, 2004

My now 5th grade son went to DSE for the first time in 2003-2004. The school is excellent and we love Ms Flowers. Any parent can feel good about sending their child to Dunwoody Springs Elementary!

Posted October 6, 2003

As a parent I was really nervous about releasing my 4 year old into the world but I must say the school, principal and teachers are willing to address all of your concerns from the very first day on. The school has so many programs to offer your child from after school care to mini- camps to dance etc.. It keeps your child motivated all through the year. My pre-k child has access to computers, library books etc. This truly is an awesome school and I feel very comfortable with my child attending there!

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

112 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

112 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

99 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

103 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

103 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

107 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

109 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

78 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

• Ivy Freeman
Fax number
  • (770) 673-4064

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now