Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Ivy Goggins is a top notch leader!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We found our PERFECT home, but that didn't matter if the school wasn't also PERFECT! We had a short amount of time to make a choice, so I called the school to schedule a tour. I was so amazed by the students, the teachers, the staff, the building, the meaningful learning the students were engaged in, the diversity of the students, the behavior of the students, and everything else the school has to offer. So, of course, we purchased our PERFECT home. Now, we are a bit more than half way through the school year. Math typically does not come as easy for my daughter as the other subjects, but with the amazing communication the teacher has with me and the effective strategies she implements, my daughter is excelling in math! I love Ms. Wood and DSES!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

There is a perfect balance of homework. I also love the "No Homework" Family Fun Nights that encourage family time.

I love everything about Dunwoody Springs Elementary! Everyone is always so positive and friendly...from the staff that gets my daughter out of the car each morning at drop off, the front desk staff, the cafeteria staff, teachers, and all support staff...always friendly and positive! One of my favorite aspects of DSES is the TOP NOTCH communication between school and home!! Each week I receive an email detailing the standards and curriculum that will be taught in my daughter's class as well as other important updates. I never have to wonder what is going on in the classroom and am able to provide support or challenges at home if needed. In addition, here are a few more of my favorite things about DSES: the vast diversity of the students across ethnicity and socio-economic status, Ivy Goggins...what an awesome leader, the Project Based Learning experiences, opportunities to help within the school, alternative seating, perfect balance of homework, "No Homework" Family Fun Nights that encourage family time, the differentiated instruction that takes place so the needs of each student are met...I could go on and on. DSES is a great place to be! If you are looking to move to this area, I highly encourage you to contact the school to schedule a tour. I'm SO glad I did!

I am actually a teacher at this school, but I wanted to share my love for my workplace. I have worked at Dunwoody Springs for 5 years. I love my school because it is a challenging work environment, but we have a true work family romance going on. Teachers work in cooperative grade level teams to plan effective lessons and share best ideas. We are all about sharing! Also, communication is very important to us so it is a priority to communicate with families and other staff members. I love my school because I feel supported by admin. and parents. This is important because this trickles down to the students. Teachers feel a sense of community with one another which enables our classrooms to become little communities also. DSES is a great place to work!

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principle has won Principle of the Year for the county and is, in my opinion, one of the best principles in the state, if not country. Her leadership skills show throughout her administration and the school. I've never had a concern the school didn't promptly and adequately address, and I've rarely had any concern to even bring up. I've worked with the Principle, Governance Council, as well as head teachers for each grade level and they all have integrity and take what they do seriously. They show up everyday for the kids and it shows. There is always a smile and friendly greeting and they are always there to help, student or parent.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The student body is extremely diverse in terms of ethnicity, social economic status and abilities. This allows students to interact with peers that represent every facet of America. The teachers and administrators balance fun and creativity, and learning and knowledge, with discipline and structure. There are several activities that focus on social and life skills and they are rewarded for showing good behavior like integrity, compassion and respect.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are knowledgeable and easy to get along with. They really care about the kids and their job and it shows. My daughter hasn't had a bad experience with any teacher and she has been going to DSES from K to 4th grade. The project base learning curriculum just brings out the best from teachers who were already great before its implementation.

Amount of homework: Agree

DSES does a good job of balancing homework and providing either advanced or remedial homework if your child needs it. There is never so much homework that my child cannot go to bed at a decent hour and there are number of no homework days called "Family Night" to encourage family time. However, the homework is a good summary of what they are reviewing and allows me to be better informed on where they are in the lesson plan and how my child is doing with the current lesson. I've never had a problem that I couldn't get the answer from the teacher in a timely fashion.

DSES is a great school. My daughter has attended from K-4 and she is excited about ending her elementary career here. The teachers are knowledgeable and easy to get along with. They really care about the kids and their job and it shows. The student body is extremely diverse in terms of ethnicity, social economic status and abilities. It is a project based learning school and I am convinced that is the best method for young children to enjoy and retain what they learn. The administration, from the principle to the janitor, are always so friendly and helpful. You get a real sense of community and fun learning environment. I am so glad my daughter had this experience in elementary school. DSES has given her a strong foundation that will serve her well into her adulthood. DSES rocks!!!

Last modified Dunwoody Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.