Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

I love this school. The principal is passionate, motivated, and inspiring. She builds a team of like minded people to teach children, and it shows throughout the staff. The principal holds monthly meetings with new parents to get to know her and it was so refreshing to hear directly from her in an intimate setting. Gone are the days where the only time you would sit down with the principal is for disciplinary action. My son loves this school. It challenges him. They give him the space to find out for himself the best way to deal with said challenges, and offer support when he needs it. He's grown so much since he started, and I know he will continue to blossom under the carefully cultivated wings of Dunwoody Springs Elementary. As a parent, I look for teachers who don't just treat teaching like a job. Teaching is a profession that truly requires being passionate about your work. I truly feel the passion Dunwoody Springs staff has for caring for their children; from the teachers who stand outside in the morning, greeting parents, helping children out of their vehicle, and ushering them inside, to the lunchroom staff ( whom I happened to meet when my son left his bookbag in the car) who spoke so warmly about my son that it brought a tear to my eye. EVERY school should operate like this one, where students, parents, and teachers communicate openly with each other and then take action, based on said communication. I feel so lucky to live near a public school so great. *** Bonus point** My son's Kindergarten class has 14 students, a teacher and an assistant teacher. These low ratios allow the teacher to get to know students on a personal level and teach students where they are, challenging high achieving students and nurturing students who need more help. This school exemplifies what a great school should be, and I am so pleased that my family is a part of something so spectacular.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal is fabulous. She is involved, and passionate about her school, and it shows.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school recently hosted " International Night" and Project Based Learning Night", where students where able to showcase the work they had been doing. I saw students working together, respecting each others prjects, and learning about new concepts and how their own lives parallel with the subjects they learned. The compassion created by this sharing of knowledge was astounding.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My son's teacher has been in contact with me since BEFORE the school year, and she has kept a great level of communication since.

This school is outstanding!!! The leadership from the principal (Ms. Goggins) is excellent and far more superior to others in this role. Ms. Goggins is very much involved with her teachers, staff and parents, to ensure that the needs of her students are being met. My children (ages 7 and 9), absolutely “love” this school. They look forward to school each day, mainly because the environment here is very warm, positive and supportive. The teachers are dedicated, encouraging their students to embrace academic challenges, while maintaining a fun learning environment. It warms my heart to see my children enjoy their experience here at Dunwoody Springs. I would highly recommend this school to anyone seeking a great school!!!

Amount of homework: Agree

the home work gets parents involved and the kids are always looking forward to learn with the parent

Develops character: Strongly agree

The management says it the way it is about classes,teachers,learning and all.The principal is full of integrity

The staff of the school are a bunch of wonderful people.From the principal to the least staff.

I can not say enough wonderful things about Dunwoody Springs and the outstanding, loving, compassionate people that run it - it has been an amazing experience for all three of my children and for myself as a parent. EVERY SINGLE TEACHER my children have had (that's 16 homeroom teachers to date, plus TAG, specials etc) have challenged and engaged them in ways I'm not sure many schools could match. The teachers are so compassionate and passionate in all that they do. My children are exceling and each of them LOVE school. Ms. Goggins is AMAZING. She truly brings tears to my eyes when she speaks. I would challenge that you're not going to find a more passionate and involved principal anywhere else. 5 stars, hands down!

Wonderful school packed with dedicated teachers and staff! My son is in the TAG program and it is awesome that his grade level teachers enrich his daily curriculum to keep him challenged! Looked into several nearby private schools but have kept him here because he couldn't get a better education anywhere else. The principal, Ivy Goggins, is the sweetest most generous person and truly shows her caring, loving attitude to those kids every day!

Last modified Dunwoody Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.