Public charter
Atlanta, GA

Posted August 28, 2015
Wonderful school packed with dedicated teachers and staff! My son is in the TAG program and it is awesome that his grade level teachers enrich his daily curriculum to keep him challenged! Looked into several nearby private schools but have kept him here because he couldn't get a better education anywhere else. The principal, Ivy Goggins, is the sweetest most generous person and truly shows her caring, loving attitude to those kids every day!

Posted August 26, 2015
Best decision I made for my son. Diverse schools with wonderful teachers and staff and outside of the box mentality! 3 Great years so far!

Posted January 26, 2015
Really love this school...My daughter started in 3rd grade and now in the 5th. Each year, my daughters teachers are engaged and care about the students learning process...They have after school programs for students that need help with the annual testing, and the TAG program is decent. I find it amazing that the principle knows every student name (and if she doesn't the kids don't know that). I've never seen Ms Freeman without a smile on her face! Wonderful school.

Posted June 22, 2014
This school is a gem!! My child has attended this school for 4 years and every year I have been thrilled with my teacher, the curriculum and my child's progress. He loves his school and his school buddies. I am confident he is getting a wonderful education. His standard test scores are through the roof. The staff (both teachers and admin staff) are amazing - from the custodians and front office to the principal. They are truly focused on the children. Wish more parents would give the school a try, I would put any of our teachers and curriculum up against any private school.

Posted May 23, 2014
Having been involved at this school for ten years, I can say unequivocally that the teachers are amazing...not only challenging children to exceed but loving/ caring for them, and their families.

Posted December 21, 2013
Dunwoody Springs Elementary is an outstanding school. The staff focuses on personalized learning...striving to meet each student's individual needs. Teachers are very dedicated and go above and beyond the regular expectations to help every child succeed. The school is diverse, allowing for a real-world experience for students. The principal is hands-on, available and responsive. She is always willing to take time to hear feedback and take action when necessary. The school has a friendly and positive atmosphere. There is a strong sense of community and teamwork at Dunwoody Springs. More people should take advantage of the amazing school in their neighborhood. I would recommend anyone with children in the attendance zone take a tour of the school to see what goes on every day. You will not be disappointed.

Posted August 20, 2013
We moved here late fall 2012 from another state and before we moved I checked every site for ratings on the school, test scores, about the area we were moving to and so on... My daughter entered DSES as a First Grader and now she is a second grader at DSES (2013-14 school yr). I commend the principal, Mrs. Freeman, the office staff, and of course, Mrs. Reagan, as my daughter puts it, the BEST first grade teacher EVER! simple put... she is a teacher that cares about her students and there outcome. My overall review, DSES is a really good school and I applaud every teacher, office staff, support staff, for a job well done! The 2013-14 school year just started and we are off to a "hootastic" start!

Posted August 19, 2013
Our son is new to DSES. He just started Pre-K. We moved here from California to Sandy Springs about 2 years ago and are very excited to have him in this particular school. From what my husband and I have seen so far, the energy is great! Although it's only been a week, my son is ejoying going to school everyday. He has Ms. Johnston. i am hoping to build a good rapport with her and the rest of the school community.

Posted May 23, 2013
We had an excellent first year at 'Dunwoody Springs '. This school does an excellent job of challenging a broad spectrum of students to preform their best. The individual needs of my two children, 1st & 3rd was accessed at the beginning of the year , one is an 'Advanced' student and the other is Dyslexic with an IEP. The teachers and staff help tether them into an appropriate instructional level that allows for acceleration opportunities. Something my older kids never got at private school!

Posted April 18, 2013
My child attends Kindergarten at DSES, and I am so impressed by how much he has learned! His teacher, Ms. V, is TOP NOTCH! She pushes them each and every day, and she is always willing to help you help your kid be the very best they can be. She knows how to run her class effectively, and the kids are always excited to learn. Love the school, love his teacher, love it all! I doubt my child would be as advanced as he is had I put him into a over-priced private school. Every parent should send their child to Dunwoody Springs!

Dunwoody Springs Elementary School
8100 Roberts Dr, Atlanta, GA  30350
Last modified Dunwoody Springs Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dunwoody Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top