Posted June 22, 2014
This school is a gem!! My child has attended this school for 4 years and every year I have been thrilled with my teacher, the curriculum and my child's progress. He loves his school and his school buddies. I am confident he is getting a wonderful education. His standard test scores are through the roof. The staff (both teachers and admin staff) are amazing - from the custodians and front office to the principal. They are truly focused on the children. Wish more parents would give the school a try, I would put any of our teachers and curriculum up against any private school.

Posted May 23, 2014
Having been involved at this school for ten years, I can say unequivocally that the teachers are amazing...not only challenging children to exceed but loving/ caring for them, and their families.

Posted December 21, 2013
Dunwoody Springs Elementary is an outstanding school. The staff focuses on personalized learning...striving to meet each student's individual needs. Teachers are very dedicated and go above and beyond the regular expectations to help every child succeed. The school is diverse, allowing for a real-world experience for students. The principal is hands-on, available and responsive. She is always willing to take time to hear feedback and take action when necessary. The school has a friendly and positive atmosphere. There is a strong sense of community and teamwork at Dunwoody Springs. More people should take advantage of the amazing school in their neighborhood. I would recommend anyone with children in the attendance zone take a tour of the school to see what goes on every day. You will not be disappointed.

Dunwoody Springs Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2013
We moved here late fall 2012 from another state and before we moved I checked every site for ratings on the school, test scores, about the area we were moving to and so on... My daughter entered DSES as a First Grader and now she is a second grader at DSES (2013-14 school yr). I commend the principal, Mrs. Freeman, the office staff, and of course, Mrs. Reagan, as my daughter puts it, the BEST first grade teacher EVER! simple put... she is a teacher that cares about her students and there outcome. My overall review, DSES is a really good school and I applaud every teacher, office staff, support staff, for a job well done! The 2013-14 school year just started and we are off to a "hootastic" start!

Dunwoody Springs Elementary School 4

Posted August 19, 2013
Our son is new to DSES. He just started Pre-K. We moved here from California to Sandy Springs about 2 years ago and are very excited to have him in this particular school. From what my husband and I have seen so far, the energy is great! Although it's only been a week, my son is ejoying going to school everyday. He has Ms. Johnston. i am hoping to build a good rapport with her and the rest of the school community.

Posted May 23, 2013
We had an excellent first year at 'Dunwoody Springs '. This school does an excellent job of challenging a broad spectrum of students to preform their best. The individual needs of my two children, 1st & 3rd was accessed at the beginning of the year , one is an 'Advanced' student and the other is Dyslexic with an IEP. The teachers and staff help tether them into an appropriate instructional level that allows for acceleration opportunities. Something my older kids never got at private school!

Posted April 18, 2013
My child attends Kindergarten at DSES, and I am so impressed by how much he has learned! His teacher, Ms. V, is TOP NOTCH! She pushes them each and every day, and she is always willing to help you help your kid be the very best they can be. She knows how to run her class effectively, and the kids are always excited to learn. Love the school, love his teacher, love it all! I doubt my child would be as advanced as he is had I put him into a over-priced private school. Every parent should send their child to Dunwoody Springs!

Posted March 19, 2013
Dunwoody Springs is an amazing elementary school. I have been teaching here for 2 years and will never be the same. We are a family in every sense. Teachers help each other with strategies, rigorous lessons, and differentiation so all students can learn. Also, our administration is fabulous! They are helpful, responsive, and always open to talk! They only hire teachers that strive to meet excellence. We are a hard working team because the students matter most and we want to meet their needs. We have our own writing specialist that comes to train us on teaching writing--it shows in our test results! Professional development is very important to every person at DSES and we attend trainings regularly. Students are taught the 4 Dolphin Norms: responsibility, respect, being positive and safe! Great school-come check us out!

Posted February 09, 2013
We have three children, and have been at DSES for 8 years. Our experiences have been terrific. The teachers are very dedicated and talented; most have degrees and professional certifications above and beyond what is required. Our school incorporates a "TAG" (talented and gifted) curriculum for all students, and teachers have special TAG certifications. Our principal, Mrs. Freeman, is absolutely top notch. She spends a lot of time in classrooms and fosters a team approach with teachers to help ensure student success. I can't count the number of parents who've told me they switched from a private school and wish they could have started over by sending their kids to DSES from the start. I can't say enough good things about our wonderful school and suggest you come visit and see for yourself how we're building a legacy of excellence!

Posted February 08, 2013
This is an amazing school! I pulled my children out of private school and was apprehensive of placing them into the public school system. The teachers and staff are amazing! The quality of education that my children are receiving makes me wonder why I ever paid for private school. The curriculum is great, they teach the children wherever they are and the teachers are great at communicating with the parents! The test scores are awesome and they are among the best in the Sandy Springs area! I would challenge anyone to take a tour of this school and not fall in love!

Dunwoody Springs Elementary School
8100 Roberts Dr, Atlanta, GA  30350
Last modified Dunwoody Springs Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dunwoody Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top