Parkside Elementary School 4

Posted July 11, 2014
When my family moved to Atlanta in the summer of last year we had a plan to send our Kindergartener to Parkside until we could land an ever-coveted spot at ANCS or Drew Charter. What we quickly realized was that Parkside is rich in diversity, has an administrative team that is dedicated to the their students and school, and significant parental involvement. Big things are happening at Parkside and I'm excited for next year and the years to come!

Posted May 15, 2014
School is a warm and caring environment that allows kids to grow and perform,. They are ready to move on to Middle School when they are done here and continue to achieve great things, it has been a pleasure sending our kids here for the last 8 years and we have three more years here. We are looking forward to all the great things that the school does

Posted May 08, 2014
My odlest son will be finishing up his 5th grade year at Parkside in the next couple weeks. He has been there for 7 years (since he started PreK) and we have been completely impressed with the faculty and the wonderful education that he has received. We also have a 2nd grade daughter who has been there since PreK as well and will remain through her 5th grade year. Every single teacher that both of them has had has been top notch. As a school system employee myself, I have worked in several schools around the Metro area and Parkside is among the best of the best. There are plenty of enrichment activities that might not be available at some other schools including Gifted, Robotics, Safety Patrol, Dance Team, music lessons, etc. Parkside has become a second family to us and is a diverse and accepting community school that I highly recommend!

Posted May 08, 2014
I have two children at Parkside Elementary School, both started in the Pre K program. I couldn't be happier with their success! Both kids have excelled socially and academically. Parkside's teachers are involved and teach the students more than just what is in the text books, they teach how to be successful in life. The Robotics club, boys public speaking competition, piano have been some of my favorite extras that not all other schools offer.

Posted May 08, 2014
Parkside Elementary has been the perfect choice for my twins daughters. They started in Pre-K and have had another amazing year in Kindergarten. I've been very impressed by the experience of the Kindergarten team and how much my girls- who are the youngest in their classes- have learned in such a short amount of time. Both are reading- one proficiently- and are excelling in math and science. Most importantly they love to learn and are excited to apply what they're learning to the world around them. Their creative spirit has been nutured as well- I see it in the stories they're now writing! I love that when I walk through the doors at Parkside I'm greeted by friendly teachers who know me and my children. I feel confident in the leadership of our new principal, Caitlin Sims, and can tell that she is focused on strengthening and building upon the good foundation of the school. It's important to me that my children attend a school that serves and is representative of their community, provides them with a strong academic foundation, as well as diverse social experience. Parkside does this and more families in the neighborhoods it serves are coming to the same conclusion.

Posted May 08, 2014
My daughter is currently a fifth grade student and has attended Parkside for the last six years beginning in the kindergarten. Her first principal, Dr. Battle as well as her second principal, Dr. Luck were phenomenal leaders. My child loves her school and I have enjoyed each teacher she has had the opportunity to learn from. The teachers are strong, educated and grounded in love. She is challenged when necessary and given encouragement when needed. All teachers are different but Parkside is a like a second family. I feel so at ease, leaving her in caring hands each day and I know she is receiving a quality eduation. I love the extra curricular activities offered at the school as well as the diversity that has been there since my child started in the kindergarten. We will truly miss the relationships and the family bond that has been formed once the school year comes to and end. Parkside is an awesome school and both of the previous principals worked diligently to put Parkside on the map.

Posted May 08, 2014
My first-grade daughter is in her second year at parkside and we couldn't be happier. Learning is fun but rigorous (expect homework right from Kindergarden). The teachers are warm but professional - my daughter gets hugs just about every morning from her teachers. The administration is communicative, approachable, and truly interested in input and finding solutions to issues that arise. And as a parent, you are welcome just about any time for observation, meeting your kid for lunch, chaperoning field trips, or volunteering during or outside of school hours. I am impressed with how many teachers hold advanced degrees and/or are from very prestigious schools. I also love how well-equipped Parkside is - because of its Title 1 status, it gets extra funding, and uses it wisely. Rooms have promethean boards, multiple computers for students to use, a special digital slate for teachers to project visuals onto the promethean board, and lots of other high-tech equipment. These kids will be well prepared for the 21st century! I wish more families in Grant Park would consider Parkside as a viable option - it has so much potential, and with more parent involvement it will truly shine

Posted May 08, 2014
Parkside is a diverse and loving environment where my child has received excellent academic instruction. Science and mathematics are an emphasis, and we also have an amazing art program. My child loves his teachers and his school, and it is a place that I find very warm and inviting as a parent as well.

Parkside Elementary School 4

Posted May 08, 2014
I am the proud parent of a Parkside second grader. I have to say that I am continually amazed at this wonderful Parkside community's capacity for collaboration and engagement--not only by parents and stakeholders, but by the school's faculty, staff and administration as well. I have never been made to feel anything other than welcome and all of my input/comments/frustrations have been heard with interest and resolutions to ANY issue I had were immediately forthcoming. The level of instruction is, in my experience, excellent and every teacher my son has had since kindergarten has gone out of their way to make themselves available to me any time I needed to check in on his progress. Is it a perfect school? Absolutely not. There are things that frustrate me and things that I think can be done a little better. But these are, to me, secondary to the fact that I have a happy, well-adjusted Parkside second grader and that makes me a happy Dad.

Posted May 07, 2014
I have been a Parkside Elementary School parent since 2007, when my oldest son began his attendance there in kindergarten. My initial plan was to have him start there and then proceed to move him to a nearby charter school. My oldest son is now in middle school and my youngest son now attends Parkiside in kindergarten. I am still pleased with the school and look forward to another awesome K-5 experience. I believe the parental involvement and school leadership is just as strong, if not stronger, than it was back in 2007.

Parkside Elementary School
685 Mercer St SE, Atlanta, GA  30312
Last modified Parkside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkside Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 67 reviews. Top