Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (5 responses)

Parkside Elementary School 4

Posted May 05, 2016
The teachers and staff are always welcoming to parents and children, and my daughter loves going to school here. There is a great community of involved parents who are dedicated to making this school a better place. The more parents get involved, the better the school will be. It is already a good school, so it will just keep getting better and better.

Posted May 05, 2016
Ms. Sparks just came to Parkside, and as soon as I walked in her classroom, it was warm and inviting. She had changed it from the way it was laid out by the previous teacher, and it was greatly improved. Ms. Sparks is always kind and my child really likes her and enjoys being in her class. Thanks, Ms. Sparks!

Posted May 05, 2016
I'd like to thanks Ms. Wagner, a first grade teacher at Parkside, for her exceptional efforts in teaching, leading and supporting her students this year. She has a very friendly and professional demeanor, which encourages the class to follow her instructions. She also displays a firm approach to what's expected from the students with regards to their studies, their behavior and their overall contributions to the class. Our son Gavin has benefited greatly from this experience, both academically and socially, and Parkside is a better place thanks to the dedication of Ms. Wagner and her capable colleagues.

Parkside Elementary School 5

Posted May 05, 2016
After mixed results from our first year at Parkside, I was skeptical about what to expect from first grade. I'm pleased to report a much more positive experience all around. Despite some challenges that come from a very diverse population (culturally and economically), we have benefited from a wonderfully supportive staff and engaged parent base. Our son is developing the academic, social and personal skills he'll need to be successful, and we feel very grateful that Parkside is our school. Go Pandas!

Posted May 05, 2016
I want to thank my daughter's Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. McCannon. My daughter has learned so much while in her class, and she really takes the time to focus on the ability of each student and help them reach their full potential. She is appropriately strict when warranted, and gets to know each child. She has open lines of communication with parents, and best of all, my daughter loves her. :)

Posted May 04, 2016
My nephew Jacory Williams is in Ms. Teikings' ( I hope I'm spelling that correctly) class. I commend her for being a kindergarten teacher. This in itself can be very trying. She also helped me to go on a field trip with the class when there was a communication breakdown and they were not aware that I was supposed to be a chaperone for the trip.

Parkside Elementary School 5

Posted February 22, 2016
We moved to this neighborhood after all the charter school lottery dates passed. We were led to believe that our kids would get a sub-par education at Parkside. We planned to "stick it out" for the year and possibly enter the charter lotteries the following year. Within a matter of weeks of kindergarten starting, we knew he was in a great place. We realized it was charter school families who often said those negative things, without having any evidence to support their claims. Our sensitive kid got a teacher who encouraged and supported him, and he made friends we adore. The families who choose Parkside are committed to its success, and there is so much energy surrounding the school. Two years later, we have never been given any reason to look elsewhere when we have such a great public school right here. Our son is excelling in math and science and reading on grade level. We love that he attends a diverse school that is representative of our neighborhood and city.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 22, 2016
Homework reinforces the daily lessons and helps me stay on top of what they are discussing in class.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted February 22, 2016
Again, having just had a big discussion about Harriet Tubman with my son, this at the forefront of my mind--but I certainly agree that these values are developed and valued.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted February 22, 2016
The kids learn about what makes us different and similar. They understand that we come from different backgrounds and situations, but that doesn't make it wrong or strange--it's just representative of our community and world.

685 Mercer St SE, Atlanta, GA  30312
Last modified Parkside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.