Public charter
Atlanta, GA

Posted August 12, 2011
This school should be closed down. They don't focus on the children. Everything has become political. They have a president not a principle. (that should explain it all). They staff is rude and uneducated themselves. They are trying to be something they are not. I agree children should wear uniforms but putting a 2nd grader in ISS is wrong. They don't buy their own clothes! Everyone wants to be the leader so that causes major confusion. Its the children who suffer. :-(

Posted April 27, 2011
My son is currently enrolled in the Pre-K program. While his teacher is great I dont believe that he is getting what he needs out of the class. He left a daycare where they were actually taching the kids math at 4 yrs old to go to a school where they were just tracing letter. My son was writing sentences when he was enrolled in UCA. The teachers do not give the parents much information unless you ask, and from what I have seen most do not. A child was sent home with a full body rash and none of the parents were notified. My son had the same symptoms and it turned out he caught scarlet fever. There are some children that just run around and not really paying attention to others. Most teachers do not say a thing to any of the students when they are in the halls acting a mess. They just walk past them. Yes the principal is very nice but when you have a staff that is looking up hair pieces online in the front office while people come in and out the door is a bad reflection on them. My son will not be going back to this school at all.

Posted November 01, 2010
Yes, the school needs some work,but overall the teachers are doing a great job.I have 2 daughters that attend the school and their teachers are awesome!!! I agree with the parents, reguarding more parent invlolment other than this its ok.

Posted April 14, 2010
It's an old building that needs alot of repairing inside and out. I give them 1 star for trying.Please teachers! teach our kids they are our furture.

Posted February 19, 2010
I agree with this parent. University Academy need assistance. Wonderful Principal but some of the teachers are slowful when it comes to educating our children. This charter school does not challenge the student in any academic areas. My child has not learned what was expected when started. He will not attend this Charter School in 2010. Not a Good School to send children until inprovement.

Posted February 18, 2010
I stand corrected. My previous post (Sept. 13th) has changed. They now have a new principal and new problems. They spend more time on uniforms than educating students. They are money hungry and no longer family oriented.

Posted May 27, 2009

Posted February 03, 2009
There are serious safety issues at the school. The way pick-up is conducted is ridicilous--parents must park on the side of the street and walk into the school to find their kids. I, for one, have never had my identification checked when I pick up the children I am privately hired to drive home. I find this a hazard to the children; if I can pick them up, anyone can.

Posted September 06, 2008
I have been at uca since the 1st grade and now i'm the 7th. i just switched schools but i can truly say that uca has always been my favorite school. All the teachers are there if you ever need them and they are awesome. My greatest times were at uca and i will never forget the school.

University Community Academy 5

Posted August 17, 2008
I enrolled my 3 boys in this school and have seen many great changes in them. They have become more responsible and their creativity has been embraced. I love the teaches for their constant communication with the parents. Here at UCA as long as we work together we can do anything!

University Community Academy
2050 Tiger Flowers Dr NW, Atlanta, GA  30314
Last modified University Community Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8
University Community Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top