Posted June 04, 2014
I live across the street from the school....Great Charter School in best neighborhood in Atlanta! The playgrounds / play areas include learning experiences unseen in other elementary schools. They have a gardening area, a very cool treehouse made of sticks, an outdoor basketball cort, workout stations for pullups, balance, etc. Many of the children walk or ride their bikes to school. The fparent involvement is unparalleled.

Posted July 31, 2013
As a parent of a rising first grader and another entering kindergarten this fall, I have been immensely impressed with this school. Despite going through an uphill battle (which continues) with APS to get needed funding, this school has continued to provide an environment of excellence. The community in this school, including teachers, administrators, parents, and students is nurturing and supportive. I really enjoy going to morning meetings and volunteering in the school. Even though I work full time, I find time in my schedule for ANCS. My son and daughter love going to school and that sums up the greatness of this school! We are excited for the school year to begin.

Posted October 27, 2012
I have one word for the school, outstanding! 2012 is our first year, and both of my children have been welcomed with open arms. The curriculum is well thought out,concise, and meaningful. My younger child who attends the elementary campus was behind in some concepts, and was quickly assessed to receive tutoring 5 days a week. I could not be happier with this school. They care about the children, and the staff, and administration are above par. A great choice, and example of an excellent public charter school education.

Posted September 26, 2012
Small, personal, and caring learning environments. Teachers and faculty know students in a deep meaningful way. Parents are involved and informed. Amazing!

Posted January 01, 2012
I'd give the school 10 stars if I could. I have a 3rd grader and a 4th grader at the school and couldn't be happier. The school goes above and beyond to not only educate the kids but to help them become outstanding members of society. I truly feel my children will be happier, successful adults in part to the hard work the faculty at NCS puts forth. The school encourages full parent involvement and I have never once felt my thoughts and ideas would not be heard. It truly is a community school.

Posted March 27, 2011
I will not give less than 5 stars so as not affect the school rating. NCS is a wonderful program, graduating talented and responsible children. BUT, it is important for Grant Park residents to know that this is not the primary school for the neighborhood. Due to the Board's failure to anticipate enrollment trends and the large size of Zone 1 (which is apparently a sacred cow that will not be altered), the acceptance rate for this year's Kindergarten class was 36%. 18 spots for 50 non-employee applicants. The school is wonderful, but the fact that a majority of Grant Park residents are now rejected from the program creates a bifrucated community of young families in the neighborhood. Families that are left out have ZERO voice in affecting change. The entire Board of Directors is from families that are in the school, they will not respond to community concerns about the inaccessability of the school to the majority of neighborhood residents. Those that are lucky enjoy a fabulous education. Those that are not stand silently aside. The majority is now neglected. Neighborhood trends are getting younger, with an average working age of 29. This problem is getting worse, not better.

Posted October 13, 2010
I just think it's a really great school.

Posted October 15, 2009
Great energy and great spirit drive an education further than a simple textbook. People nurturing people make the world grow into a better place. Neighborhood Charter School makes its 'mark'!

Posted October 08, 2009
My daughter is in her fifth year at NCS. She has some particular educational needs, and the team at NCS has been nothing short of remarkable in making sure that she is learning at an optimal level. I can't wait for my second child to be old enough to attend!

Posted October 05, 2009
The success of the Neighborhood Charter School, in additon to great Teachers and actively involved parents, is due in a large part to the Entire Grant Park community. Businses and and individuals of various profewssions who live in Grant Park as well as the extended Atlanta Community have contributed to the success of the Neighborhood Charter School (It's more than just a name).

Neighborhood Charter School
688 Grant St SE, Atlanta, GA  30315
Last modified Neighborhood Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Neighborhood Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 110 reviews.