Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Please see my full review to learn more about why I feel this way.

Develops character: Disagree

The school's teachers took no disciplinary action when students were not respectful to other students.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I learned a lot at NCS/ANCS Lower Campus and probably would have continued to learn had I stayed there.

Amount of homework: Neutral

There is a loose homework policy and it is up to the teachers to decide how much homework they'd like to give.

The teachers did not care much about the students on a personal level, the students formed tightly woven cliques from day one and no action to open the students minds and accept others was taken on a daily basis. Note that I had a very bad experience and maybe it was just the luck of the draw that I had teachers that didn't much care in my final two years. However, the first years were incredible and the teachers were very connected with their students and tried their absolute best to make the subjects that we were learning cohesive.

I am overjoyed at the experience that we have had with ANCS thus far. My daughter was on the waiting list for 5th grade for the 2015-16 school year and was blessed to be able obtain a place in this school. Everyone has been very friendly and welcoming. My daughter came from a school where not only the teachers but the principal didn't care either. This has been the happiest I have seen my daughter in any school here in Georgia. I look forward to seeing how my baby blossoms under their care and teaching. The principal or the assistant principal is out there each morning opening the car door for each child and greeting them as well as the parent. And the fact that the teachers take the time to find out where the parents would like to their child academically makes me hopeful that my daughter will be able to be where she should have already been and beyond, by the end of the school year. I absolutely love this school and I wouldn't change my decision to enroll her.

I have to document a huge misperception that this school actively promotes, which is the possibility that neighborhood children have a decent chance of attending it. Unfortunately, as siblings of existing students, children of staff, faculty and Board members all get priority acceptance, this leaves an ever dwindling number of slots for actual net-new students. And the waitlist that begins for incoming Kindergarten students often lasts 2-3 years, which means the likelihood of any new children getting into the school is ridiculously slim. Yet people move to OP/GP in hopes of attending it, not knowing how unlikely a chance they stand. And don't bother asking anyone at ANCS about it, as they obfuscate any discussion with vagaries and spin. It's a nice program that has unfortunately insulated itself into a exclusive little club that's a total catch-22. If you aren't already in, don't bother trying.

This school should consider changing their name. It is not a neighborhood school and does not serve students living less than 0.5 miles to the west of the school. Their attendance lines make absolutely no sense. You can walk to the school but not attend.

I have had a child at this school since its doors opened in 2001. There have been highs and there have been lows, but over all my children have all learned and been very happy here. Some necessary changes took a long time to realize and remedy, but once remedied the school seems back on its original track. I do realize that this is not the primary school for this district and due to amazing growth (like I said, I've been around a while :)) it is becoming more and more difficult to attend this school, but I am very happy that they don't succumb to pressure and enlarge the student body. I love the personalized treatment each of my children has received.

I live across the street from the school....Great Charter School in best neighborhood in Atlanta! The playgrounds / play areas include learning experiences unseen in other elementary schools. They have a gardening area, a very cool treehouse made of sticks, an outdoor basketball cort, workout stations for pullups, balance, etc. Many of the children walk or ride their bikes to school. The fparent involvement is unparalleled.

Last modified Neighborhood Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.