Atlanta, GA

Posted October 24, 2014
We moved our daughter to AGS in 8th grade. I am a big believer in girl's education and the solid research behind it and though it would be a good fit for her. It's been even better than we imagined and she has absolutely transformed at AGS. In a few short months, she is more confident, more vocal, more outspoken -- it's been everything we had hoped for and more. AGS is a secret and hidden gem. Open your eyes to what a single sex education can do for your daughter ....

Posted August 24, 2014
We moved our high school girl to AGS after she began complaining that being interested in math and science was "social suicide". She loves the collaborative learning environment at AGS; she has been encouraged to take Physics and Computer Science with seniors. When I asked her the difference between AGS and the neighboring private school where she was before, her answer was short and sweet: "They believe in me." Don't take my word for it. Read the research about single sex education and visit the school yourself.

Atlanta Girls School 4

Posted August 11, 2014
We have been so in love with the AGS experience. As a woman it is so "rah, rah, girl power"; I wish i had gone to a single gender school when i was a young girl. We came to the school because my husband went to a single gender school and remembered the experience with fond memories and a great education. AGS has been no exception. We are looking forward to the Global Ed program and the intern program that are required of upper schoolers which will be part of the curriculum this school year. The classroom size is very personable and the teachers are able to pour into these girls in such a way that I have seen many of the girls come out of their shyness within just one school year including my own. Best schooling decision for all of my three children.

Atlanta Girls School 2

Posted July 26, 2014
There is not much bullying here, and generally most people at this school are friendly. However, IF YOU LIKE MATH, DO NOT GO HERE. My daughter is now going to a public school and we have to pay for her tutoring to get her ready for an AP math class. She was in an advanced math class and received an A+, but the class did not cover nearly as much as her new school's class did. If you are into the liberal arts, this school may be a good fit but stay away if you are a math-lover!

Posted February 08, 2014
We are so fortunate to be able to send our daughter to a private school and incredibly grateful that she goes to AGS. She is a senior and will graduate with a wealth of life lessons about how and what you can be in the world as well a real appreciation for who she is right now. I can't imagine that there is a school in Atlanta that does a better job of meeting a girl where she is and working with her as a team to harness all her potential.

Posted January 27, 2014
AGS has been an incredible experience for our daughter. She loves school and has such a love of learning. We have seen such growth in her from one year to the next. She is truly thriving! The technology at the school is best in Atlanta, bar none. One of 50 schools in the country recognized by Apple. Teachers really care about the girls and teach in a way that girls learn. They are constantly reading and continuing their education on this subject. My daughter and we, as her parents could not be happier with the school and the outcomes that we are seeing from AGS, If you have a daughter, AGS is definitely worth looking at!!

Posted January 22, 2014
Best school ever! So much support and amazing people and teachers. While at the Atlanta Girls School I blossomed it to a confident Girl with no limits for where I could and will go. AGS is one of those schools where every girl is kind and respectful. AGS teachers are kind and supportive by encouraging very girl to be her best advocate. It's only my first year there but hopefully many more to come. Not to mention every girl has amble opportunities to be her best self and to try many new things.

Posted October 08, 2013
AGS is one of a kind in Atlanta, and it provided my girl with opportunities that she had not experienced at her previous independent school. The no-cut policy in middle school sports allowed her to try volleyball and swimming for the first time, which opened possibilities that led to club involvement and elected roles. She is now a successful sophomore at a leading university in the northeast and is thriving. Her success would not be possible without her caring teachers, coaches, and advisor at AGS. They knew her well and helped her reach further than she thought possible.

Atlanta Girls School 1

Posted September 03, 2013
Save your money. The focus is not on academics but on some strange idea of how girls should learn. If your daughter is really smart, this is not a school that will encourage or promote individuality. I was sold on same gender education but very disappointed in how my child was treated. Extraordinarily high turnover with staff. 3 good teachers, the rest were marginal. This school caters to the lowest common denominator.

Posted August 15, 2013
AGS is a one-of-a-kind school. GIrls feel completely free to be themselves, while faculty focus on helping them access their best selves. Students benefit from guidance in numerous intellectual pursuits (a larger percentage of graduates of this school attend top-ranked schools by Forbes than most Atlanta independent schools), but they also learn to lead and follow. Girls benefit from internship programs, global travel, no-cut athletics in middle school and much more. Because no boys are around, faculty can actively help girls practice strong intellectual inquiry and social problem-solving. Girl drama exists everywhere (because girl meanness in middle school is explained by both brain and hormonal science), but at AGS girls are called out when they exert social power inappropriately. Many girls at this school elect to go further in math and science than girls at co-ed schools. After their AGS and college careers, girls go on to become White House staff, attend medical school, pursue college counseling careers, become entrepreneurs, and more.

Atlanta Girls School