6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted October 16, 2015
My daughter attended AGS from 6th to 12th grade. The lovely young lady she is today is due to her AGS education and conscious parenting. Middle school at AGS gives the girls the basis for an incredible high school experience at AGS. AGS taught her organize her time and her work. As parents, we are very thankful for the investment the teachers made in our daughter. The faculty at AGS has relationships with the students. They love them, push them, lift them up with they fall and push them again. She has had no trouble adjusting to college life. The concepts and topics brought up at freshman seminars were all familiar to her from daily living at AGS and AGS’s Education & Development for Leadership & Service program. She has traveled to three continents and worked at two internships through AGS. They broaden her horizons and expanded her mind in and out of the classroom. This education will benefit her for the rest of her life.

Atlanta Girls School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 15, 2015
I would like to say thanks to ms mears, for being the best six grade dean ever, you could clearly tell she cared about us. Ms U and Ms player for being wonderful teachers and for helping me when I had problems. To ms Coleman because she's just ms Coleman and is therefore amazing and to ms hasty for encouraging us to come to her with problems and helps us fix them

Posted September 15, 2015
This is a great place for me as a student to be at. They challenge me to be my best and work hard and they make me think for myself. They terminate bullying as soon as it starts and it is a safe environment that I feel comfortable in.

Posted September 01, 2015
From someone who transferred out after freshman year: I came to AGS in 6th grade. My middle school experience was absolutely amazing; I expected to stay until I graduated. Middle school is an awkward time for everyone, but forming close bonds with the other girls in my grade and my teachers made my experience perfect (shoutout to Ms. Coleman, aka the BEST TEACHER EVER. Seriously.) . However, transitioning into high school, I discovered that high school at AGS really isn't that different from middle school at AGS. For me, that became a problem. High school is SUPPOSED to be a different experience from middle school. You're a different person, older, discovering new interests, and applying for colleges. By the time freshman year was over I felt confined by my small class size (30 girls in my grade!) and the lack of options for the arts. I was discovering that I had a huge passion for theatre and art, but I was unable to pursue it because of the weak arts program at AGS. Ms. U is great, but she's just one person! A strong arts program consists of many different people, all passionate about what they do! So, I transferred to a different Atlanta school for sophomore year, and it's the best decision I've ever made! I'm in AP art classes and active in my drama class and music program. Also, the social events are great! Having boys isn't a distraction at all; they actually add to a classroom and to your social life. At AGS, you don't know what you're missing. This isn't to say my decision is right for everyone; if you are academically focused on math and science, AGS is perfect for you. It just wasn't right for me!

Posted June 03, 2015
The in-cass technology and great student/teacher relationships makes AGS a very special place. It's a great place to go to school.

Posted January 25, 2015
Both of my daughters attend AGS and we could not be happier with their experience there. AGS is a challenging, supportive environment and my girls absolutely love it. The girls at AGS are confident and secure in who they are because the faculty truly listens and respects the girls, and the girls feel that! The global travel opportunities and internship programs offer such wonderful real-world experiences to the girls. So glad we found AGS!!!

Posted October 24, 2014
We moved our daughter to AGS in 8th grade. I am a big believer in girl's education and the solid research behind it and though it would be a good fit for her. It's been even better than we imagined and she has absolutely transformed at AGS. In a few short months, she is more confident, more vocal, more outspoken -- it's been everything we had hoped for and more. AGS is a secret and hidden gem. Open your eyes to what a single sex education can do for your daughter ....

Posted August 24, 2014
We moved our high school girl to AGS after she began complaining that being interested in math and science was "social suicide". She loves the collaborative learning environment at AGS; she has been encouraged to take Physics and Computer Science with seniors. When I asked her the difference between AGS and the neighboring private school where she was before, her answer was short and sweet: "They believe in me." Don't take my word for it. Read the research about single sex education and visit the school yourself.

Atlanta Girls School 4

Posted August 11, 2014
We have been so in love with the AGS experience. As a woman it is so "rah, rah, girl power"; I wish i had gone to a single gender school when i was a young girl. We came to the school because my husband went to a single gender school and remembered the experience with fond memories and a great education. AGS has been no exception. We are looking forward to the Global Ed program and the intern program that are required of upper schoolers which will be part of the curriculum this school year. The classroom size is very personable and the teachers are able to pour into these girls in such a way that I have seen many of the girls come out of their shyness within just one school year including my own. Best schooling decision for all of my three children.

Atlanta Girls School 2

Posted July 26, 2014
There is not much bullying here, and generally most people at this school are friendly. However, IF YOU LIKE MATH, DO NOT GO HERE. My daughter is now going to a public school and we have to pay for her tutoring to get her ready for an AP math class. She was in an advanced math class and received an A+, but the class did not cover nearly as much as her new school's class did. If you are into the liberal arts, this school may be a good fit but stay away if you are a math-lover!

Atlanta Girls School