No rating

Clara Mohammed Elementary/W. D

Private | PK-12

Student diversity

Living in Atlanta

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $125,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $730.

Posted April 13, 2010

My son attended Mohammed School from pre-K through 6th grade. While a student there, he experienced so much more than a primary education. His level of discipline, focus and interest in learning is phenomenal due to the teachers and administrators. He began attending public school in 7th grade because he wanted to play competitive football. However, he has consistently out-performed students in his class on standardized tests and in the classroom since beginning public school. His teachers in public school constantly raved about how Mohammed School prepared him academically. He is now a junior in high school playing football, basketball, and baseball with a 3.9 GPA and has received a full scholarship to Harvard University. Because of the discipline, focus, and high expectation he attained during his early years at Mohammed School, he has become one of many success stories of such a great institution. I highly recommend this school.

Posted March 30, 2010

Mohammed schools are phenomenal, both the elementary and high school. I myself am an alumnus and I send my son there with plans to send his brother when he is of school age. While no environment is perfect, Mohammed schools offer quality education, spiritual development and a brotherhood and sisterhood that lasts a lifetime. The teachers and staff truly care for the students and help to foster independence, intelligence and a strong Islamic identity for all those who attend. I strongly encourage any parents who are interested to go for a visit and speak with other parents who have sacrifised their time and money (like myself and my husband) to ensure that our children attend Sr Clara Mohammed School.

Posted February 17, 2010

The high school from what i have seen appears to be wonderful. However the middle school is the worst.. the kids are bad and fights break out everyday.. 3rd graders, can you belive it. and some of the teachers are worse. Dont waste your money if you are looking for structure based on 'old school Muslim principles this is not the place.

Posted May 2, 2008

My parents sacrificed much for their children to attend Sister Calra Mohammed School/Warith Deen Mohammed High School. Not only were we able to continue our studies that we would have learned in public school, but we were also able to learn and gather a different perspective on the world at large and explore the questions of the quintessence of our inner selves and the link between the two. I know of no other school that would have made me critically think and also offer such encouragement while itself undergoing changes and expansion in the growing Atlanta community. I humbly offer an appreciative, glowing recommendation for the school on its own visible merits and for those that cannot be as easily seen firsthand but culminate through later development.

Posted April 28, 2008

I had the pleasure of visiting the school. I must say I was impressed by the mannerisms of the students (addressing their teachers saying yes ma`am) I also like the different activities they have for the students.And the overall intentions for high achievement.I will be sending my 3 children there for the 2008/09 school year.

Posted July 17, 2007

I really love the fact that the teachers try to help the kids. My children were always in a public school setting until two years ago. I'm a single mom who works overtime just to send my kids to Clara Mohammed/W.D. It's well worth it!

735 Fayetteville Road SE