Bolton Academy

Public | PK-5 | 483 students

Posted August 28, 2013

This is our first year and we couldn't be more pleased. Our son loves his teacher and the parent teacher communication has been great.

Posted August 27, 2013

My son loves Bolton Academy. The teachers and principal really care about improving the school and providing quality education. The PTA is AMAZING. All the parents are very dedicated to helping the school achieve success.

Posted May 30, 2012

Have two girls in Bolton and it has been a wonderful experience! It has strong parental/community support and has really turned out to be a wonderful neighborhood school! Teachers have been great, feel confident my children are getting a great education and principal has been more than accomodating when have had issues to address. They go over and above with music class instruction and art class after school at no additional charge! The Bolton staff has really gone over and above! We are a hidden gem on the West side of Atlanta!

Posted December 27, 2011

Great school in most ways. Parents are involved, teachers are personally involved with students. My child loves this school

Posted November 14, 2011

We love our neighborhood school. Our oldest entered kindergarten five years ago, and at the time we were happy enough with the warm and welcoming environment and with how well he seemed to fit in and thrive. It was a relatively new school, but it was solid. And with every year since then, we've been astonished by the school's upward trajectory. Parent involvement and community support has risen exponentially, and the student demographics steadily diversified to become a really interesting, healthy, and educational mix. Bolton Academy has dedicated teachers, an excellent young Principal, and a healthy feeling about the place. It's not perfect, but then again perfect schools breed kids without resilience. It's honestly hard to recognize the place compared to those early years.

Posted November 10, 2011

This is yet another example of a farse. Please do believe that this school is like Brandon, E. Rivers, or S. Smith. Bolton is under the administration of an unqualified principal. Hopefully the school board will quickly remidy this situation.

Posted November 4, 2011

Bolton Academy is a great neighborhood school. At a time when most schools are bursting at the seams, we have right at 500 students. It is a great size. I feel like the teachers and administrators all know my children. I have two children at the school and they are thriving. I appreciate the diversity of the school and like that my kids get to know all different types of people and cultures. There are no security issues. I have never felt that my children have been in danger by any means. They are very independent and manuver through the school with great confidence. We have had a VERY positive experience at the school.

Posted January 28, 2011

I believe my son was going to receive and award but they chose another kid for some reasons.My son was hurt sitting in that room knowing since 2 or 3 days that he was going to receive an award and now nothing.It would not be a problem if I did not think he deserved it.I agree with the award that my other kids received because it reflected them.There were some signs at the beginning of the year when we had to call APS folks to have my kids put in their right classroom.Bad experience with this school.

Posted November 4, 2010

i love how involved so many of the parents are

Posted October 18, 2010

The entire Bolton Academy community is dedicated to giving the best education to the students and to making our school the best it can be. Starting at the top with Principal Laura Strickling, the caring and commitment is demonstrated by the teachers, staff and parents. I love being a part of this community and the adjacent neighborhood that supports Bolton.

Posted October 13, 2010

I love Bolton Academy because the school is very diverse. I was welcomed by caring and concerned teachers. This was a concern for me being that we were new to the city. I was really worried about coming from a small town and entering a new large city with my children. We were accustomed to knowing everyone and being associated with friendly people and wanted the same from APS with Bolton. We are very pleased we feel very much at home with Bolton. We were also concerned about the cirriculum my children will be taught. Our concern was that they will be behind leaving an excellent school, but I must say we are very pleased. Bolton will receive nothing but A's from me!!!

Posted October 12, 2010

Bolton has dedicated teachers, parents and students. In a big city, it's nice for my son to have a small community that supports him and that he can contribute to.

Posted October 11, 2010

It's a great school with goals for students

Posted October 11, 2010

It's my neighborhood school, it's where my children are growing and learning

Posted October 8, 2010

My child atttends the school. Botlon Academy is on the rise and the financial resources would help their students attain educational achievement. We want Bolton to exceed the standard and excel in all areas.

Posted October 8, 2010

Bolton is a fabulous school with a small community feel. We are excited that we just received our IB designation!

Posted October 8, 2010

Boton Academy is a small neighborhood school with a BIG focus on building community strength as well as giving our children a strong foundation for a life full of learning. Parents and teacher form a great team together!

Posted October 8, 2010

Salimah's enthusiasm about this school tells me that it is a GOOD school, She would not invest so much time & effort to help the Bolton Academy if it was not worthy. I am looking forward to hearing more about it.

Posted October 8, 2010

What do I like best about Bolton? the students In their enthusiastic faces, I see hope...
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 10, 2010

I really was taking a liking to the school; over the past year or so things have really changed. I'm really sad not all the parents are able to be involved in the various projects and outings, due the the current leadership from the school. This school has its picks when it come to who they want to be involved. Sounds like a little ... to me. keep trying!!

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

75 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

75 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

49 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

• Laura Strickling
Fax number
  • (404) 350-2853

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now