Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have 2 children enrolled at Bolton. First off, the communication between the staff and parents has been excellent. My children love their teachers. The diversity is amazing. My kids are both A students. My daughter made the Principal's list. There are so many activities, book fairs, trips, night out events and more that I can barely keep up, in a good way. I am not sure why the rating is only a 4. When we moved here it was a 3. Our experience has been that of an 8 or 9 and both of us went to some of the best schools in the country back in Philadelphia. Kudos to Bolton! Keep up the great work!

We have spent the last 8 years with Bolton Academy. We have 2 children, one currently at Bolton and the other at Sutton Middle School. In 8 years we have seen the growth and progress this school has made and are very happy with our choice of Bolton Academy over private or charter school. Both my children are in the APS gifted program and Ms. Powell, Bolton's gifted teacher, is incredible. My child at Sutton is in accelerated classes with a straight A average. Bolton's teachers prepare them well to transition to Sutton. The parental and community involvement, support and participation is incredible.

Parent involvement is remarkable! This school deserves much more than a 3 rating! It is one of the best hidden gems in Atlanta. A true blessing to our kids and the community!

Best Atlanta Public School! Diverse with alot of parent involvement. On the rise! Don't let ratings dictate your choice!

For a school that has been around for just over 10 years, the community, IB certification, teachers, administration and learning environment are WONDERFUL! I am constantly impressed with the work that my first grader brings home and the level that they are encouraged to reach. My son's reading and math skills have blossomed, the Gifted program engages and excites him, and all members that we have been able to interact with exceed my expectations. I would expect that Great Schools would have a ranking more in-line with that Bolton really is than just look at test scores on a newly forming teaching team. There is SO MUCH MORE - and we are quite proud to be a part.

Great schools needs to change the ranking algorithm, as a 3 out of 10 is ridiculous given the quality of Bolton Academy. This is a true example of a "great school". The relationship between the teachers and parents continues to provide an exceptional learning environment for our kids. The community continues to rise up and support the school in multiple ways, including with their wallets. We could not be happier w/ the experience our two kids have had at Bolton Academy, and we're looking forward to continuing to see the school grow and prosper.

Another great year at Bolton Academy. We have two sons that will be entering 4th and 2nd grade next year and couldn't be happier w/ their experience and learning environment. I'd put our kids up against anyone public or private school in the city!

For those of you questioning whether or not to send you children to school at Bolton, let me say this, yes. Dont let teat scores fool you. Bolton has as good or better reviews and ratings than all of the "10s". Brandon, check. Jackson, check. Morning side, check. As good or better than them all. Bolton faculty could not be more caring and the principal is fantastic. Test scores and Great Schools rating will sky rocket within a year or two.

Bolton Academy ratings should be through the roof. My son is a 1st grader at Bolton Academy and has been attending since kindergarten they has brought my son so far. The staff show empathy and they really care for their babies. Who doesn't love our principle Ms. Laura Strickling? I LOVE HER and we're very thankful to have you. Bolton Academy should be the top rated school in APS zone.....

Great schools, thank you for all you to do help parents in their quest to make school decisions for their children, but you should consider more than test scores when rating schools. Please consider obtaining more recent demographic data, incorporating reviews, weighing programs such as International Baccalaureate and multiple extracurriculars, community support, etc., as well. The Great Schools score does not paint an accurate picture of the value of this school to our community and the growing impact on our students' educational progress. This school is a perfect model of an urban school that is diverse and growing/thriving. So proud to be a part of this school and to watch my two young children learning, growing, thriving, and having fun. Come join us--we welcome you!

Last modified Bolton Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.