Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Unless your child is a juvenile delinquent, and is functioning a grade or two below their grade level.

I am a first year 5th grade parent. My child has been in private school for the majority of her educational experience. I am thoroughly impressed with the Kipp Family. The Teachers, staff and Administration are always pleasant and have been very receptive and helpful. The children definitely work hard have long hours and its not an easy program but i can already see the positive academic and character changes in my daughter and I love it. We are preparing are children for real life and in life nothing is handed to you, they are teaching them to work hard and strive for what you want. I a am very pleased that we chose Kipp Ways Academy, Im looking forward to what the future will bring at such a great school.

i love this school. it really helps me and teaches me life lesson. If it wasn't for this school i wouldn't be where i am today.

The school is a prison. it is great for unprivileged kids but if you have no behavior issues or are mature you will absolutely hate it. I did!!!

My daughter is a 6th grade student at KIPP Ways. She was not pleased with my decision to enroll her at KIPP due to the extended daily schedule and Saturday school. I am very happy to share that she is more than happy with KIPP and the schedule isn't really more school (if you let her tell it!). I believe KIPP nurtures children and provides them with the educational support necessary to thrive academically and gain confidence as individuals. I love the elective course offerings! The effort and time and dedication that these teachers put into their students on a consistent basis is unparalleled. Education should be this way for all children.

KIPP is a unique place; make it here and you will make it anywhere. In 5th grade there are 'no excuses' and high expectations are set; and in 6th grade we work as a Team (scholars, parents, and educators) rather than individuals. The environment is familial, scholars are greeted daily by a faculty. Our educators are exciting like Ms. Varela and Science; Tough like Mr. Levy and Math, scholars must show all of their work :-); Interesting and current like Mr. Howland and Reading - Scholars learned Greek Mythology while reading the Illiad, Odyssey, and the Lightning Thief; Engaging with Mr. Peddie 'The Human Dictionary,' as scholars try to stump him with their newly acquired vocabulary 'Mr Peddie you are very loquacious;' and Relevant with Ms. Wood and History, as she takes scholars 'All Around the World.' What my scholar has learned here goes beyond academics. KIPP educates you for life.

I LOVE KIPP this school outshine private school I know by experience I have twins who have attended KIPPS 2 years and a son in 4th at Atlanta youth Academy A WASTE OF MONEY my son self esteem was crushed and he didnt learn due to the favortism etc...however KIPPS build the kids self esteem as well as their charater

My child completed grades 5-8 at KIPP WAYS. Excellent teaching methods. I love this school and recommend it to all!

This is without question the best school in Atlanta! The teachers and administrators go above and beyond for kids, they challenge their minds, and they get results. Love it!

This school is very unique and nothing like I have seen before. They make you earn desk, chairs, and even classrooms. The hours are from 7:30 to 5:00. There is even mandatory summer school. There is also a saturday school. It seems like alot but kipp is a amazing school to attend.

Last modified Kipp West Atlanta Young Scholars Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.