Posted September 02, 2014
I am a first year 5th grade parent. My child has been in private school for the majority of her educational experience. I am thoroughly impressed with the Kipp Family. The Teachers, staff and Administration are always pleasant and have been very receptive and helpful. The children definitely work hard have long hours and its not an easy program but i can already see the positive academic and character changes in my daughter and I love it. We are preparing are children for real life and in life nothing is handed to you, they are teaching them to work hard and strive for what you want. I a am very pleased that we chose Kipp Ways Academy, Im looking forward to what the future will bring at such a great school.

Posted May 15, 2011
i love this school. it really helps me and teaches me life lesson. If it wasn't for this school i wouldn't be where i am today.

Kipp West Atlanta Young Scholars Academy 2

Posted April 28, 2010
The school is a prison. it is great for unprivileged kids but if you have no behavior issues or are mature you will absolutely hate it. I did!!!

Kipp West Atlanta Young Scholars Academy 1

Posted April 20, 2010

Posted March 03, 2010
My daughter is a 6th grade student at KIPP Ways. She was not pleased with my decision to enroll her at KIPP due to the extended daily schedule and Saturday school. I am very happy to share that she is more than happy with KIPP and the schedule isn't really more school (if you let her tell it!). I believe KIPP nurtures children and provides them with the educational support necessary to thrive academically and gain confidence as individuals. I love the elective course offerings! The effort and time and dedication that these teachers put into their students on a consistent basis is unparalleled. Education should be this way for all children.

Kipp West Atlanta Young Scholars Academy 0

Posted February 22, 2010
KIPP is a unique place; make it here and you will make it anywhere. In 5th grade there are 'no excuses' and high expectations are set; and in 6th grade we work as a Team (scholars, parents, and educators) rather than individuals. The environment is familial, scholars are greeted daily by a faculty. Our educators are exciting like Ms. Varela and Science; Tough like Mr. Levy and Math, scholars must show all of their work :-); Interesting and current like Mr. Howland and Reading - Scholars learned Greek Mythology while reading the Illiad, Odyssey, and the Lightning Thief; Engaging with Mr. Peddie 'The Human Dictionary,' as scholars try to stump him with their newly acquired vocabulary 'Mr Peddie you are very loquacious;' and Relevant with Ms. Wood and History, as she takes scholars 'All Around the World.' What my scholar has learned here goes beyond academics. KIPP educates you for life.

Posted November 21, 2009
I LOVE KIPP this school outshine private school I know by experience I have twins who have attended KIPPS 2 years and a son in 4th at Atlanta youth Academy A WASTE OF MONEY my son self esteem was crushed and he didnt learn due to the favortism etc...however KIPPS build the kids self esteem as well as their charater

Posted June 15, 2009

Posted June 09, 2009
My child completed grades 5-8 at KIPP WAYS. Excellent teaching methods. I love this school and recommend it to all!

Posted May 22, 2009
This is without question the best school in Atlanta! The teachers and administrators go above and beyond for kids, they challenge their minds, and they get results. Love it!

Kipp West Atlanta Young Scholars Academy
80 Joseph E Lowery Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA  30314
(404) 475-1941
Last modified Kipp West Atlanta Young Scholars Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kipp West Atlanta Young Scholars Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top