Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The schools does not have text books! How are students expected to get better when they have nothing to study from. There are no extracurricular activities. The kids cannot be competitive with students from other school because they do not have a chance to gain leadership experience because there are no clubs or organizations. Other Charter schools in the area have them. What school now a days does not offer a foreign language? KIPP does not.

Effective school leaders: Neutral

I am hoping that next year will bring about effective leadership. The current principal is arrogant and does not know how to bring people together. He does not listen to parents because he knows it all.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There are a few good teachers(like 3). Most of the teachers belittle the children constantly. I was at the school and the teacher did not know I was there in the hallway. I was appalled at the way some of them talk to the students. The teachers are not nurturing. A fair amount of them are just there for the paycheck. They are not there because the want to shape the lives of this generation on people.

Amount of homework: Neutral

How can you effectively do homework when there are no textbooks. They rely on 10, 11, 12 year olds to take notes. If you do not take good notes they you have nothing to rely on to use for homework or to study for tests.

Extremely surprised at the ratings (that is how I got fooled). With my child coming into the school, they mentioned that several students and their parents complained about it... after a few months, I was added to the list of parents that just isn't happy with the place. It is way too many grown, disrespectful children there. If they would clean up house, it would be a great place for any child. It is a school that require a lot of time and hard work from their student, so that was a plus for me (and my only plus).

Overall a good experience. I still wish the children had books to work from, especially for homework. Not all children are the best note takers and if the parent is to assist with homework, we need a tool or guide to help us. The tomes don't always cut it. But overall, it's a good school.

I am currently a student in the 8th grade at KIPP South Fulton. Seeing as to how this is my last year, I think I have a good idea about what KIPP is and what it's become. One thing people have to understand is that KIPP is not for everyone. I've seen scholars leave for good and for bad. During my time in the 5th grade, that had to be the hardest year because I had to adjust to the amount and rigor of the work I was receiving as well as my talkative nature. I will agree with some of the reviews on how not all of the teachers are the best, but majority of the ones that I had were wonderful. My 7th grade year was the best because I had teachers like Ms.Hull and Mr. Johnson to take my knowledge and expand it further. They have helped develop my love for the news and math. Though it may not seem like it, I know that our school has done well in terms of preparing scholars academically compared to many other schools. When you're in the 8th grade, certain scholars are chosen by the high school to participate in a program where you take 9th grade reading and an algebra 1 course. Out of all the applicants from three different schools, KIPP makes up majority of the classes and truly excelled in math because we already learned a lot of the concepts from 7th grade. In terms of paychecks, they're there to set up to hold us accountable for their actions whether that means talking during class or not turning in homework. I believe they use them with the hope that these things become habit. One of the many things that I love about KIPP is that we have a small learning environment. We travel to different classes with the same people through out the entire year, but we are able to socialize with our other friends too during lunch and recess. Mr. Pryor greets us and shakes our hand every morning as we enter the building. We have the same teachers everyday throughout the year. There are so many things about KIPP that I could and want to say, but my writing must come to an end. KIPP has taught me so many things and I'm grateful that my parents forced me to come because I know that I wouldn't get the same experience anywhere else.

Amount of homework: Agree

In the 5th grade, the worked seemed like a lot, but now that I'm more accommodated, I feel that the amount of homework is fine especially considering the fact we're usually given more than just one day to do the homework.

My daughter is a scholar in 6th grade. I researched Kipp South Fulton Academy(KFSA) and Kipp schools nationwide because I was looking for a free educational opportunity for my child to be the focal point and soar in school. I believe that KFSA was the best choice made! My daughter previously went to a Mosaic Education Charter School that shut down and we spent too many years with "so called educational institute" It was a terrible, terrible experience! Next, we tried her neighborhood public school which was below average and not very challenging! The school and staff was pretty awesome. I can see what funding can do to enhance the look and opportunity that charter schools sometimes lack often. However, the curriculum was half-behind, her teacher lacked structure and my daughter flew through fourth grade without learning a thing! I knew I had to do something and we were blessed with being picked in the lottery to attend KFSA for fifth grade! What a difference! A significant difference! There are so many great qualities in the school and of course some that are mediocre such as: such as the vacant gymnasium next to the school, the library that could be updated, and the auditorium/current gymnasium that could use lighting, better seating and a cleaning! But much of that is cosmetic! IF you want to discuss quality education? KFSA is it! Last year the English Language arts class read, studied and articulated a ninth grade curriculum book in APS! The teachers are fluent in their curriculum, most have post-graduate degrees, the structure is fantastic, and yes the homework is challenging but when your child is prepared for college ready level classes freshman year that's when you know the "struggle was worth it"! My daughter is becoming confident, bright, articulate and sharp in her studies and I owe that to KFSA! Yes, the school hours are a bit long and yes you will have homework every night but they tell you this so you have a choice as a parent to make! KIPP schools may not be the right school for every child. We as parents have the right to make the very best decision for your child(ren). I made the VERY BEST decision for my child and we are thankful everyday!

My 5th grader definitely knows more than I do in several academic areas and I have a Masters Degree in Education. The course work is rigorous but the results are tremendous. I love Kipp South Fulton.

Last modified Kipp South Fulton Academy School is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.