Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Overall a good experience. I still wish the children had books to work from, especially for homework. Not all children are the best note takers and if the parent is to assist with homework, we need a tool or guide to help us. The tomes don't always cut it. But overall, it's a good school.

I am currently a student in the 8th grade at KIPP South Fulton. Seeing as to how this is my last year, I think I have a good idea about what KIPP is and what it's become. One thing people have to understand is that KIPP is not for everyone. I've seen scholars leave for good and for bad. During my time in the 5th grade, that had to be the hardest year because I had to adjust to the amount and rigor of the work I was receiving as well as my talkative nature. I will agree with some of the reviews on how not all of the teachers are the best, but majority of the ones that I had were wonderful. My 7th grade year was the best because I had teachers like Ms.Hull and Mr. Johnson to take my knowledge and expand it further. They have helped develop my love for the news and math. Though it may not seem like it, I know that our school has done well in terms of preparing scholars academically compared to many other schools. When you're in the 8th grade, certain scholars are chosen by the high school to participate in a program where you take 9th grade reading and an algebra 1 course. Out of all the applicants from three different schools, KIPP makes up majority of the classes and truly excelled in math because we already learned a lot of the concepts from 7th grade. In terms of paychecks, they're there to set up to hold us accountable for their actions whether that means talking during class or not turning in homework. I believe they use them with the hope that these things become habit. One of the many things that I love about KIPP is that we have a small learning environment. We travel to different classes with the same people through out the entire year, but we are able to socialize with our other friends too during lunch and recess. Mr. Pryor greets us and shakes our hand every morning as we enter the building. We have the same teachers everyday throughout the year. There are so many things about KIPP that I could and want to say, but my writing must come to an end. KIPP has taught me so many things and I'm grateful that my parents forced me to come because I know that I wouldn't get the same experience anywhere else.

Amount of homework: Agree

In the 5th grade, the worked seemed like a lot, but now that I'm more accommodated, I feel that the amount of homework is fine especially considering the fact we're usually given more than just one day to do the homework.

My daughter is a scholar in 6th grade. I researched Kipp South Fulton Academy(KFSA) and Kipp schools nationwide because I was looking for a free educational opportunity for my child to be the focal point and soar in school. I believe that KFSA was the best choice made! My daughter previously went to a Mosaic Education Charter School that shut down and we spent too many years with "so called educational institute" It was a terrible, terrible experience! Next, we tried her neighborhood public school which was below average and not very challenging! The school and staff was pretty awesome. I can see what funding can do to enhance the look and opportunity that charter schools sometimes lack often. However, the curriculum was half-behind, her teacher lacked structure and my daughter flew through fourth grade without learning a thing! I knew I had to do something and we were blessed with being picked in the lottery to attend KFSA for fifth grade! What a difference! A significant difference! There are so many great qualities in the school and of course some that are mediocre such as: such as the vacant gymnasium next to the school, the library that could be updated, and the auditorium/current gymnasium that could use lighting, better seating and a cleaning! But much of that is cosmetic! IF you want to discuss quality education? KFSA is it! Last year the English Language arts class read, studied and articulated a ninth grade curriculum book in APS! The teachers are fluent in their curriculum, most have post-graduate degrees, the structure is fantastic, and yes the homework is challenging but when your child is prepared for college ready level classes freshman year that's when you know the "struggle was worth it"! My daughter is becoming confident, bright, articulate and sharp in her studies and I owe that to KFSA! Yes, the school hours are a bit long and yes you will have homework every night but they tell you this so you have a choice as a parent to make! KIPP schools may not be the right school for every child. We as parents have the right to make the very best decision for your child(ren). I made the VERY BEST decision for my child and we are thankful everyday!

My 5th grader definitely knows more than I do in several academic areas and I have a Masters Degree in Education. The course work is rigorous but the results are tremendous. I love Kipp South Fulton.

KIPP South Fulton Academy, I am a new parent of a 5th grader and have enjoyed the experience thus far. I am hoping the level of expectation remains consistent and that my child is learning at a level that will make her successful in her years after KIPP. I would like to see some renovations take place, the classrooms are very dim and the school could use more natural light. Have a huge fundraiser so you can renovate, get the parents involved with this activity and make it happen.

I am a parent at KSFA. This is my son's second year here. I selected this school because I wanted him to be around other students who are focused on college. Our fifth grade experience was outstanding. In sixth grade there have been challenges with teacher communication, but the dean has been very receptive to my concerns. She noted that communication was already on their radar and I have noticed that it has greatly improved. The school has the best test scores in the area. The teachers are extremely dedicated. The principal is kind, nationally recognized and is always willing to listen to parents. Is it a perfect school? No. No such thing exists :) But KSFA is a good school and according to norm referenced tests, it is the top KIPP school in metro Atlanta, the top middle school in South Fulton, one of the top middle schools in Fulton County and one of the top middle schools in all of metro Atlanta. It is definitely worth checking out if the school culture (extended hours, uniforms, etc.) fits your family.

I am the father two boys that one is a current 6 grade student and the other attended all four years at Kipp South Fulton and has gone on to boarding school and is doing good. I am extremely happy and proud that my wife found out and researched the Kipp Schools years ago before our first son attended. This has proved to be one of the best decisions that has and will continue to positively impact our family. I am confident that this school along with other Kipp schools will continue to prepare their students for high school and college.

This school sucks. When my son first attended I thought it was going to be a great school. Boy was I fooled! They get on the students for any little thing. If your child doesnt nod their head they get points deducted,if they have a question during study and they raise their hand they get a deduction, if they look off or turn their head to the side or look at their hands then they are deducted points for being unfocused.GEEZ, these are 5th grade students they are not going to be 100% focused; as an adult I can't even be 100% focused. My son hated to go school, one morning he cried because he said he hated it there,I had to take my child out of that school, even it it meant I had to home school him.. I gree with all the 1 star ratings that parents have given this school because I have experienced it first hand.

I am a parent to a former 6 grader at (KIPP South Fulton Academy) - just withdrawn today Monday, October 29, 2012. This is a charter school that needs to have its entire (2011-2012) 6th grade team and administration removed from the school. The teachers yell all day at the children and reprimand the students for anything. The students aren't allowed to express themselves verbally without points being deducted which will place the child in the fire station and have their privileges revoked. Students are put in the hall if they don't turn in home work the next day. This model is unacceptable for a charter school. The teachers are LAZY. They expect the students to go over assignments on-line that have not been covered in the classroom. I have contacted the Fulton County Superintendent, Board Members and KIPP Executive Director regarding this authoritative style of teaching and bullying from the 2011-2012 6th grade team. I am asking that a full investigation and audit of this school take place immediately. No child should be treated this way. Every child s day should begin with a smile, not a frown.

Last modified Kipp South Fulton Academy School is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.