Posted April 18, 2014
KIPP South Fulton Academy, I am a new parent of a 5th grader and have enjoyed the experience thus far. I am hoping the level of expectation remains consistent and that my child is learning at a level that will make her successful in her years after KIPP. I would like to see some renovations take place, the classrooms are very dim and the school could use more natural light. Have a huge fundraiser so you can renovate, get the parents involved with this activity and make it happen.

Posted February 13, 2013
I am a parent at KSFA. This is my son's second year here. I selected this school because I wanted him to be around other students who are focused on college. Our fifth grade experience was outstanding. In sixth grade there have been challenges with teacher communication, but the dean has been very receptive to my concerns. She noted that communication was already on their radar and I have noticed that it has greatly improved. The school has the best test scores in the area. The teachers are extremely dedicated. The principal is kind, nationally recognized and is always willing to listen to parents. Is it a perfect school? No. No such thing exists :) But KSFA is a good school and according to norm referenced tests, it is the top KIPP school in metro Atlanta, the top middle school in South Fulton, one of the top middle schools in Fulton County and one of the top middle schools in all of metro Atlanta. It is definitely worth checking out if the school culture (extended hours, uniforms, etc.) fits your family.

Kipp South Fulton Academy School 5

Posted January 18, 2013
I am the father two boys that one is a current 6 grade student and the other attended all four years at Kipp South Fulton and has gone on to boarding school and is doing good. I am extremely happy and proud that my wife found out and researched the Kipp Schools years ago before our first son attended. This has proved to be one of the best decisions that has and will continue to positively impact our family. I am confident that this school along with other Kipp schools will continue to prepare their students for high school and college.

Posted October 29, 2012
I am a parent to a former 6 grader at (KIPP South Fulton Academy) - just withdrawn today Monday, October 29, 2012. This is a charter school that needs to have its entire (2011-2012) 6th grade team and administration removed from the school. The teachers yell all day at the children and reprimand the students for anything. The students aren't allowed to express themselves verbally without points being deducted which will place the child in the fire station and have their privileges revoked. Students are put in the hall if they don't turn in home work the next day. This model is unacceptable for a charter school. The teachers are LAZY. They expect the students to go over assignments on-line that have not been covered in the classroom. I have contacted the Fulton County Superintendent, Board Members and KIPP Executive Director regarding this authoritative style of teaching and bullying from the 2011-2012 6th grade team. I am asking that a full investigation and audit of this school take place immediately. No child should be treated this way. Every child s day should begin with a smile, not a frown.

Posted August 01, 2012
This is my daughter's first year at KSFA and I can honestly say that this appears to be a great school that has thus far met all my expectations. I have never seen seen my daughter so motivated to complete her homework and learn new things. The school sets high standards for their students and parents which is greatly appreciated. The comunication as been great between parents and teacher's. The principlal, Mr. Pryor, takes the time each morning to greet all the students and tries to know each of them by name. As a parent, I have have been very impressed about what I have seen so far and looking forward to the rest of the school year.

Posted June 06, 2012
WOW. I came to this site because I am looking to relocate, but I had to take the time to comment. I am a 6 year parent of KSFA and there have been challenges. I would not dare say awful. I believe that KSFA has some of the best teachers around but most importantly, they are held accountable for their actions in my experience. Am I a fan of EVERYTHING at this school, absolutely NOT, but I honestly believe that KSFA is a jewel and it is a great alternative to other schools in the county that practice mediocrity. Previous criticism I felt was too harsh although I suppose that they were speaking about their experience. This is my second one to come through and I do not regret it.

Posted March 16, 2012
Kipp south Fulton is awful. Majority of the teachers are ghetto and they will belittle the children. I as a parent had to withdraw my child from this unorganized school. With this new principle this school has gone down hill.

Posted March 08, 2012
KSFA is awful, the principle and staff bully and belittle the children. Punishments are given upon the teacher/principle mood for that day. Different rules for different students, the consequences are always to the extreme. Teachers will often get together and belittle the child. If your child makes any type of gesture or sigh it is considered gross disrespect and that child automatically gets three days out of school. If your child has been involved in any situation you will not here of it until 3-4 days later and then they are put out of school for three days. This school is awful

Posted August 03, 2011
I would not recommend this school at all. Teachers yell at the kids on a regular basis. They belittle and demean the students. Those of you who know about the paychecks; it made my child say that they don't want to hear about a paycheck ever again. It's not good for the childs spirit. Leadership is non responsive to the concerns of the parents and students. Do yourself and your child a favor and do not send them to this school.

Posted July 22, 2011
The experience here is what you make it. If I had been the parent to just drop off & pick up my child and not be consistent in being involved and challenge every rule, I'm sure both my child's and my experience there would have been mediocre at best. Leadership would do well to stick to the contract & get rid of those who don't adhere to the rules so those that do what they're supposed to don't suffer. If parents stopped using SFA as a 10hr/day free babysitter, the job would be much easier.

Kipp South Fulton Academy School
1286 Washington Ave, Atlanta, GA  30344
Last modified Kipp South Fulton Academy School is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kipp South Fulton Academy School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top