Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted May 31, 2015
To me this is one of best middle school in Atlanta public schools. I feel that King Middle School do not get notice of the amazing work we do.

Posted May 15, 2014
We are doing great things here. The leadership team, led by Mr. Brown has been a terrific change for the kids and continues to meld the school to great accomplishments.

King Middle School 4

Posted May 09, 2014
This is a school that is on the rise to greatness! Wonderful things are happening here. Teachers are motivated, caring and innovative. Students are eager and ready to learn.

Posted May 07, 2014
I love King MIddle School and am saddened by the undeserved, poor reputation that it still has. Like any parent, I was concerned about my child entering middle school and the new social challenges he would face; however, the format of grouping children into learning communities limits their exposure to older children and facilitates a bond between the cohorts and the teachers. I am impressed with how accessible all the teacher's have been when I needed to discuss my son's academic progress or behavior. We have worked together to help him become more focused in the classroom and to utilize his potential. I feel like I have a team working with me for my child's education. The principal is a wonderful leader with a positive attitude. He makes me believe that our children are going to recieve the education and the support they need to do well in middle school and beyond. As a Title I School, King offers a variety of supplimental services to assist children with both their academics and their character. I look forward to the day when this gem of a school is recognized within the community.

King Middle School 4

Posted May 07, 2014
My son attend King Middle and now, will be leaving the 8th grade, I am an active parent in the school, as well as part of the P.T.A. and LSC, I must say the teachers and staff here is really good, and I'm not just saying that....We do have uniform code, we also ,have good programs, that are good for healthy development. This is a school, that is diverse, and good choice for gifted and special needs children....We are Title 1 as well.... This school, will be getting a makeover coming....The kids here do go on exciting field trips...This school also, is growing in numbers, we have over 500 students here....So, let this gem of a choice be where your child can grow in this middle school...It was definitely mine and I am very happy at that...

Posted April 15, 2010
I love the location. I feel that teachers really care about the students. I Iike the free before and atfercare program. I think free tutorial service is wonderful and very hepful.

King Middle School 3

Posted May 04, 2009
King is in a very transitional period. I believe with the leadership of Mrs. Battle and MORE PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT it will become the school that it was always meant to be. Many of the teachers are Challenge certified and really focus on teaching to the childs needs. I believe that a school is a reflection of its community so what does this say of the Grant Park and Summerhill communities. Both which I grew up in and attended King myself. They used to be communities where neighbors, businesses and schools supported one another and sadly now it seems every man for himself.... and we wonder why the world is in such turmoil. My son is an honor student, band and chorus participant and is involved in several academic and enrichment programs at the school. King is a great school that deserves a chance.

Posted February 24, 2009
King middle school is a school that is in need for a whole lot of improvement. It's easy for me to say that it is a terrible school, but the truth is children are acting like this at all of the schools. I am sure some more than others. I also fault the parents for King not being the school that it should be because parental involvement is very low. Some of the teachers at King appear to be good teachers; but I don't like the comparisons that are being made about the 'bad kids' were the kids that came from King. I'm sure Walton had their share of 'bad kids' as well. You can't be a fair teacher and place stereotypes on the students.

545 Hill St Se, Atlanta, GA  30312