Atlanta, GA
Before care: Yes

Posted December 04, 2014
My son attends 7th grade at Inman. Overall, as a parent I'm very pleased with the school. My son is all praises for some of the teachers. He is in the gifted program and enjoys his classes. My only gripe is that there doesn't seem enough homework for him on a daily basis! However I must say that the project work required of them really encourages them to work hard and think outside the box. I have to say that in the beginning we had apprehensions about this school, but now we all are happy to be here.

Posted May 19, 2014
I am currently a student at Inman. I think that this school is as good quality as, say, Woodward Academy, or many other private schools in the Atlanta area. Many parents are concerned about violence, bullying, and drugs, but the truth is that while there are fights, there are not so violent as some people make them out to be, and bullying and drug- use would happen as much, if not more, at a private school. The teachers are excellent and it is very diverse. However, I would say that Inman, unlike some other schools doesn't "hold your hand", so if your child needs a lot of help staying organized and isn't self- sufficient then you might want to look into another school.

Posted May 01, 2014
Great school if you are of European descent or meet certain socio-economic criteria, otherwise you are not welcomed. The surrounding neighborhood, better known as the "Grady Cluster" tries to run this school as if it were their own "private school". This is my child's first year and fortunately she thrives in any environment. Other disadvantaged students may not be so lucky. A new principal is desperately needed, one who will see that the needs of all of the students are met.

Posted April 24, 2014
My son has an IEP and has absolutely flourished at Inman. I was worried because we were moving into the district from the suburbs. The faculty is outstanding and has so much to offer (for example, a 6th grade social studies teacher at Inman won a Pulitzer for her play). The school has a community feel, is diverse, and welcoming. I get a good feeling every time I drive by. I know my son is safe, has access to all sorts of interesting information, experiences and activities. He comes home everyday feeling positive about his progress. Never before has he been more self motivated. Inman is one of the best schools in the APS.

Posted January 30, 2014
this is a great school with everything from art to technology classes to creative writing o foreign languages and many more. Teachers and staff are very nice and the student body isn't too bad either.

Inman Middle School 2

Posted September 04, 2013
This school is fair at best. Some teachers are excellent, but most are worthless. Very poor communication between school and parents. My son has an IEP and struggles beyond belief. I would not recommend this school.

Posted May 23, 2013
My son has had a very experience at Inman and just finished 7th grade. He's been involved in a team sport, intramurals and Beta Club. He's taken advantage of the nice tutorial sessions that teachers provide before or after school. The 6th and 8th grade team of teachers appear to be the strongest, but they made a couple very good teacher highers for the 7th grade team for the 2012-2013 school year that added some talented teachers to the staff. Inman had discipline issues this past year with the increased enrollment, but was forthright with the statistics including holding a public forum on the issue, made changes (including expelling key troublemakers), and the issues improved in the back half of the year. The upcoming year will allow for full/regular registration & orientation of students, which couldn't happen with rezoning process last year, and will help that cause, too. Overall, Inman offers a strong set of teachers, good advanced classes, a pack of involved parents, and lots of strong extra-curricular activities from sports to debate to drama to music. I expect it will be a more settled year for 2013-2014 when all core classes will be inside the building.

Posted March 26, 2013
Some of the teachers are excellent and some are just worthless. The only real problem there is safety and bullying. There are daily fights that involve the school resource officer, blood and violent bullying. The school will act like it isn't happening because they dont want to tarnish its reputation, but it is happening all of the time. They need to start suspending students that are involved in these very dangerous fights!

Posted January 10, 2013
Yes, it is true that this year the amount of students that feed into the Inman pool is growing, so the 7th grade was moved outside into the trailers, but don't let that stop you. My seventh grade buddies say that they like them. I am in the eighth grade and will be graduating this year. I have loved the past three years here, but to tell you the truth, while the 6th and 8th grade teachers are fantastic, a few of the 7th grade teachers are not so great. I still learned a lot but they were still not as good as what I have had in the past. Despite that, I love the Inman community. There is little to no bullying and the kids are very kind. I would highly recommend it to any parents looking at sending their children here.

Posted December 20, 2012
the reviews are very old. does anybody have a recent experience positive or negative they can share? when i visited it seemed over crowded and school has new administration temporary i believe. how is that working out any info on why old admin is gone?

Inman Middle School
774 Virginia Ave NE, Atlanta, GA  30306
Last modified Inman Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Inman Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top