Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We are very pleased with this middle school. This is our third year at this school. We have two children there. Both are testing the limits of public school. One is in gifted education program, accelerated math, advance science, playing in the four bands offered by the Fantastic music program at this school. The other is challenged by dyslexia issues (mild to moderate), has an Individualized Education Program (IEP), gets assistance in several of his classes + speech/language therapy twice a week at school, and sings in the Great chorus. In both cases, Inman Middle School has been able to adapt quite well to our children's needs. It took a bit of advocacy on the parents part. Get involved! We asked for and attended several school meetings for our kids. Teachers and administrators have been professional, personable and responsive. We can feel that they are interested in the well-being and good education of students. Great teachers overall, providing thoughtful education, rightfully challenging assignments, and the rich diversity that one would want from a public school. Teachers quality is on par with the best private schools, from what we could see. The one semester we had a questionable teacher, the principal of the school noticed it quickly, and took care of reassigning this teacher's students to a more appropriate teacher... Also very good parent involvement. Strong and attentive school leadership, both under the previous principal who is now at Grady High School and the current principal, who used to be Assistant Principal. Lots of great club programs offered, although i wish there would be better parent education on these programs, especially for the clubs that require registration one semester in advance (such as Beta Club and Outward Bound). The school is safe. We've only experienced small incidents, normal between kids. Counselors are on top of their jobs and willing to talk or meet when needed. They keep a keen eye on the students, and know where the trouble spots are. Too bad the kids do not get any recess time during the day. (I don't know how we would have survived middle school without recess, but our kids manage...) Athletics: we didn't have the best experience. Maybe because the school is so big (over 1000 students) and there can only be so many kids on one team. Overall, we highly recommend this school. Inman Eagles Rock!!!

Develops character: Neutral

Once again depends on the teacher. Most teachers just come to school teach than go home. But some teachers bring a lot of wisdom to the students.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Depends on teacher. Some are great, most are awful. Some effectively engage students, but most just go through the motions.

Something a lot of parents whose kids benefit from white privlage and just have a higher standard of living don't want to talk about is the systematic segregation that occurs at Inman. The school's system is primarily set up to allow people with higher socioeconomic status to do better and achieve more throughout their middle school years. It is completely unacceptable and unfair. The administration has a noticeable difference in expectations, whether academic or behavioral, for people that either come from a lower income family or have a darker skin tone. I am a 8th grader at Inman and have met many different people that are borderline racist and to put it plainly ignorant. In conclusion, I would state that Inman middle is a school that has systems in place that allow only a kind of people to succeed and sort of push everyone else in the background. But maybe that is not just Inman and actually our county as a whole.

My son finished 6th grade. Teachers are pretty good. More project work than I expected which a good challenge. Good sports pgms. Principal is responsive and engaged. It's overcrowded and has some issues with fighting. But it's a good school.

The school gets it's reputation for academic sucess from two sources, first are the children of well educated parents who work at the CDC and colleges and universities, these kids come prepared and would test well anywhere no matter what the school itself did or did not do. It is not surprising to learn that in an area where houses cost upwards of $600,000.00 the children of doctors and lawyers and college professors do well on tests. Then then too, there are some very good teachers. On the other hand the violence and drugs are not adressed to the point where kids are asked by teachers to tell their parents about how dangerous the school is for the adults.

My son attends 7th grade at Inman. Overall, as a parent I'm very pleased with the school. My son is all praises for some of the teachers. He is in the gifted program and enjoys his classes. My only gripe is that there doesn't seem enough homework for him on a daily basis! However I must say that the project work required of them really encourages them to work hard and think outside the box. I have to say that in the beginning we had apprehensions about this school, but now we all are happy to be here.

I am currently a student at Inman. I think that this school is as good quality as, say, Woodward Academy, or many other private schools in the Atlanta area. Many parents are concerned about violence, bullying, and drugs, but the truth is that while there are fights, there are not so violent as some people make them out to be, and bullying and drug- use would happen as much, if not more, at a private school. The teachers are excellent and it is very diverse. However, I would say that Inman, unlike some other schools doesn't "hold your hand", so if your child needs a lot of help staying organized and isn't self- sufficient then you might want to look into another school.

Great school if you are of European descent or meet certain socio-economic criteria, otherwise you are not welcomed. The surrounding neighborhood, better known as the "Grady Cluster" tries to run this school as if it were their own "private school". This is my child's first year and fortunately she thrives in any environment. Other disadvantaged students may not be so lucky. A new principal is desperately needed, one who will see that the needs of all of the students are met.

My son has an IEP and has absolutely flourished at Inman. I was worried because we were moving into the district from the suburbs. The faculty is outstanding and has so much to offer (for example, a 6th grade social studies teacher at Inman won a Pulitzer for her play). The school has a community feel, is diverse, and welcoming. I get a good feeling every time I drive by. I know my son is safe, has access to all sorts of interesting information, experiences and activities. He comes home everyday feeling positive about his progress. Never before has he been more self motivated. Inman is one of the best schools in the APS.

Last modified Inman Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.