Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Withdrew my child out out of sxhool due to homelessness three weeks before school is out

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My son has Autism , he was in the autism program, with autism they need stability and structure which they did not give to these kids . had several different teachers , we moved and was trying to see if we can do a hardship or even do the Georgia special needs scholarship so he can stay at that school the counselor for the special needs kids took it upon herself Mrs. White to withdrawal and enroll my child without notifying me.

They don't take bullying serious. When it's reported nothing is done. My student is an A but with the bullying she hates school and grades are being affected.

I am attending my first year here at Sandtown and I must say I love it! All the teachers are nice as long as you are in line, they incorporate tech into regular class, and they set it up so everyone has an equal chance of succeeding. #STRAIGHTOUTTASANDTOWN

Develops character: Agree

When something negative is presented to the Administration they act on it in a timely manner.

My child attended this school for the 1st time last yr as a 7th grader and I did have my doubts coming from a school district up north (Mid-west) but I was impressed by the teachers encouragement of my child to try new things and get involved in after-school activities, as well as the advanced classes offered. There is definitely room for improvement like communication from the Administrators (my child had to inform me of things) and how they manage dealing with teachers that need to be disciplined. But all in all you get the sense that the school is working on its flaws and excelling on its high points. No school is perfect, I encourage all parents to review schools before enrolling your child (you know your child better than anyone, so you know what things the school will need to ensure your child is successful) and stay involved as much as possible (even if its just a email or phone call to the teacher once in a while to show your concern or even praise).

As a student at sandtown I have a firsthand review. unlike what a parent said earlier, yes you get suspended if your phone is out, but hey say specifically don't take out your phones.The reason most kids get suspended for this is inappropriate content on phones or it being a distraction to the learning environment. Kids in the hallway w/o a pass are often skipping.uour child can be the most outgoing they just need to learn how to not be a distraction and be respectful, and also do their work. Sandtown tries to implement learning strategies, but students behavior often messes that up. I love my school and I'm glad to return next year as an 8th grade student.

This school is the pits. If you child isn't a quiet, perfect child, you will have problems at this school. They suspend children for everything. If they are found in the hallway, they get suspended. If they pull out their phone, they get suspended. This school use to have a 7 rating a few years ago and now they have a 3. That should tell you that they are not about educating the children but putting them out so they don't learn and end up being a statistic. Relocate now or try the charter schools in your district if you can.

This school is not GREAT but it's not the worst. I prefer KIPP South Fulton Academy.

The administration at this school is why their rating is so low. They don't look into bullying as well as they should. My child came to this school in advanced classes and started failing because of the bad influences. They never took the time to find out what was wrong. Other parents have expressed to me that this is their child's last year. There area few good teachers there but other than that not a good atmosphere for a child that is influenced by peer pressure.

Last modified Sandtown Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.