Atlanta Charter Middle School 1

Posted May 11, 2012
I personally know three families who have had to take their child out of The Atlanta Charter Middle School because they were being bullied, touched inappropriately or generally left to feel uncomfortable in an environment that is often controlled by a fairly rough element of students. The principal and some of the teachers seem to be afraid to do anything about it. They could have easily dealt with the problem students but have frequently chosen to do nothing. I am not sure why but can only guess that they feel intimidated themselves to do anything about it. It's a real shame because the school has such potential. It will never reach that potential as long as there is an atmosphere of fear being experienced by a great many students.

Posted April 20, 2012
I'm in the 6th grade.. I love this school... It makes you feel like people will actually listen to you.If you said this school was bad think again.

Atlanta Charter Middle School 3

Posted October 27, 2011
If you like your child listening to X-rated rap lyrics played by the HEALTH teacher, a Chairman Mao poster hanging in the a humanities teacher's classroom and a general, wide open, hard left indoctrination of the students by at least 90% of the teachers then you will love the Atlanta Charter Middle School.

Atlanta Charter Middle School 2

Posted April 08, 2010
Ive been going to this school for a year and the school isnt all that. The students have no self control and they have attitudes with the teachers. The teachers show no respect to the students and if someone has a problem the teachers look at them like they're stupid. They need to work on they're behavior policy because they focus on little things like walking around while the teacher is talking but when the school is vandalized they do nothing. I hate to be so critcal but its true

Posted April 07, 2010
My son is in the 6th grade. We are continually impressed with his teachers, his PEC support, the principal. We really appreciate the small class size, and the individual attention my son gets. His teachers follow through regularly, via e-mail, if there is an issue with him. We do NOT get lots of worksheets - we DO get good h.w. assignments that allow him to think, process, and more.

Posted December 24, 2009
I love this school. My favorite teacher is Mrs. Waldman she is the best Spanish teacher I have ever had love her and have learned a lot with her. Gracias!!

Posted June 11, 2009
The Atlanta Charter Middle School continues to grow and improve - providing quality education to a very diverse community! Remember, our school is young, growing and improving every year! Several significant changes are in store for the upcoming year which will just continue to make it the great school that it is! Remember, this is a school of choice with required student and family participation. It can be easy to complain or not be grateful for those whom are doing the majority of the work at the school. A new Dean of Students will be joining the great staff as well as additional teachers! -Parent of two students attending ACMS in 2008-2009

Posted May 13, 2009

Atlanta Charter Middle School 1

Posted April 14, 2009
This school has so much potential; however, based on what my child tells me and my own in-class observations, it is run ineffectively. Students show absolutely no self-control and some are violent, other parents fault the teachers for their children's unwillingness to learn, students who do try are neglected, special education services are lacking, teachers are frustrated, and discipline is non-existent. The environment is one of dysfunction and exasperation... I feel badly for the students who are missing out on a quality education. My child will not be attending ACMS next year.

Atlanta Charter Middle School 2

Posted March 02, 2009
I have been going to this school two years now and, at first, I loved it. The teachers were great, the homework was steady and eable to keep up with, and there weren's many behavior problems. My second year, however, made me hate it. Most of the teachers have good intentions, but the work is too much for anyone to handle. The students, as well as teachers sometimes, have issues and attitudes with eachother. Not very many people are treated with respect. The discipline policy needs to focus more on the bad things like vandalizing and less on the little things, like walking around while a teacher is talking. The enviroment and parent involvement are great, but the school itself needs a LOT of renovations. For example, only one or two bathroom stalls lock, and every restroom has at least one stall door missing. This school is not very wonderful.

Atlanta Charter Middle School
820 Essie Ave SE, Atlanta, GA  30316
Last modified Atlanta Charter Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Atlanta Charter Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top