Posted April 13, 2015
From the smiles on the way to school, the greetings by the teachers when arriving, the positive reports when our kids get home, to the great education we believe our kids are getting - this school is great. It's rare in Atlanta, or anywhere, to get a truly diverse school and we appreciate that about Wesley so much. The Chinese program, single-gender education, commitment to diversity, and it's IB focus makes this a really unique school.

Wesley International Academy 3

Posted February 09, 2015
It makes me sad to read the positive reviews. Most date back to 2012-13 or the beginning of the 2013-14 school year. Parents hadn't realized how many of teachers had already left or were in the process of being pushed or harassed out. With increasing barriers to parent involvement and high teacher turnover, the community feel has evaporated. Meanwhile, test scores haven't really improved, so it feels like a loss not an improvement.
5 people found this helpful

Wesley International Academy 1

Posted November 05, 2014
This school sucks !!! They only push Chinese .the teachers act like teenagers . No hard core instruction .they give homework But my children act like they never saw it .
2 people found this helpful

Wesley International Academy 2

Posted November 03, 2014
Wesley is very good about teaching discipline. They are very focused on test scores but not as much on the actual education of their students.

Wesley International Academy 1

Posted May 16, 2014
Lack of caring administration Not allocating funds appropriately Students are not heard Student achievement takes a back seat to uniforms and assemblies. Students are pulled during instruction without notice Lack of functional resources Total confusion and miscommunication Previous 8th grade students were struggling first year of high school in Math
3 people found this helpful

Posted March 12, 2014
One of the best things about Wesley is that it is a family! I am amazed at the level of commitment of the staff, parents and kids to this school. This is our family's fourth year at Wesley. We have a third grader and kindergartner. Our oldest enjoys the gifted program and Chinese curriculum and my youngest (who is struggling with reading) is benefiting from the Early Intervention Program as well as extra time his teacher volunteers out of her personal schedule to give him a bit of extra help. His reading confidence has soared. The teachers and staff genuinely care for and love these kids. Great after school activities, sports programs, fine arts, and a garden program really round everything out. Very happy here! My oldest said he wants to be a Wesley teacher when he grows up!
2 people found this helpful

Wesley International Academy 4

Posted October 03, 2013
Wesley International Academy has come a long way under the leadership of the new principal, Mr. Bradley. My niece recently relocated to another state after being at Wesley only 3 years. We were never quite sure how Wesley's kids stack up. I am proud to say she was moved to the gifted program for Math (this is a very affluent area public school) and is above all of her peers academically. The school kept asking where she came from and my sister was proud to say Wesley!!!

Posted September 20, 2013
Wesley is an exceptional school! I am impressed with the overall academic program and the Chinese language instruction. Also impressive are the credentials of some of the educators from various countries and states. Their experiences and backgrounds, I believe, enhances the learning process for the students. The Wesley student, as a result, has the opportunity to navigate subject matters in a broader and more thoughtful manner.

Posted August 14, 2013
(continued from earlier review) The Chinese language program is also incredibly impressive. With 7 full-time language instructors, each student studies Chinese daily. From learning basics and lots of music in the lower grades, to conversation and composition in the upper grades. Wesley is a charter that enrolls students from the entire district, enhancing our diversity. Parents are active and engaged, staff and instructors are committed and creative, location is central. We highly recommend Wesley to any family interested in providing their child(ren) with a top notch education and their family a fun community to be a part of.

Posted August 12, 2013
I absolutely love this school. The teachers and administration are committed to the success of our children. I know that my children are receiving a quality education!

Wesley International Academy
211 Memorial Drive, Atlanta, GA  30312
Last modified Wesley International Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wesley International Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top