Wesley International Academy 1

Posted May 16, 2014
Lack of caring administration Not allocating funds appropriately Students are not heard Student achievement takes a back seat to uniforms and assemblies. Students are pulled during instruction without notice Lack of functional resources Total confusion and miscommunication Previous 8th grade students were struggling first year of high school in Math

Posted March 12, 2014
One of the best things about Wesley is that it is a family! I am amazed at the level of commitment of the staff, parents and kids to this school. This is our family's fourth year at Wesley. We have a third grader and kindergartner. Our oldest enjoys the gifted program and Chinese curriculum and my youngest (who is struggling with reading) is benefiting from the Early Intervention Program as well as extra time his teacher volunteers out of her personal schedule to give him a bit of extra help. His reading confidence has soared. The teachers and staff genuinely care for and love these kids. Great after school activities, sports programs, fine arts, and a garden program really round everything out. Very happy here! My oldest said he wants to be a Wesley teacher when he grows up!

Posted October 03, 2013
Wesley International Academy has come a long way under the leadership of the new principal, Mr. Bradley. My niece recently relocated to another state after being at Wesley only 3 years. We were never quite sure how Wesley's kids stack up. I am proud to say she was moved to the gifted program for Math (this is a very affluent area public school) and is above all of her peers academically. The school kept asking where she came from and my sister was proud to say Wesley!!!

Posted September 20, 2013
Wesley is an exceptional school! I am impressed with the overall academic program and the Chinese language instruction. Also impressive are the credentials of some of the educators from various countries and states. Their experiences and backgrounds, I believe, enhances the learning process for the students. The Wesley student, as a result, has the opportunity to navigate subject matters in a broader and more thoughtful manner.

Posted August 14, 2013
(continued from earlier review) The Chinese language program is also incredibly impressive. With 7 full-time language instructors, each student studies Chinese daily. From learning basics and lots of music in the lower grades, to conversation and composition in the upper grades. Wesley is a charter that enrolls students from the entire district, enhancing our diversity. Parents are active and engaged, staff and instructors are committed and creative, location is central. We highly recommend Wesley to any family interested in providing their child(ren) with a top notch education and their family a fun community to be a part of.

Posted August 12, 2013
I absolutely love this school. The teachers and administration are committed to the success of our children. I know that my children are receiving a quality education!

Posted August 12, 2013
This is our third year at WIA and we love it. Great school that faces challenges head on; solves problems; passionate staff and parents; strives for community involvement and has a unique mix of creative people. I think what's most important is that my son says he 'loves school' and has many things to talk about everyday when I pick him up. When a child loves school, that's really what's important.

Posted August 12, 2013
My husband and I are thrilled with the education our daughter is receiving at Wesley. She learned to read in kindergarten and was reading at a 6th grade level by the end of her first grade year. Mandarin is her favorite subject, and she loves being in a class with all girls. I highly recommend this school.

Posted August 11, 2013
I love Wesley and so do my kids. They have learned so much in such a short amount of time, it's just amazing the difference. They offer single gender classrooms and they have 1 hour of Mandarin Chinese everyday starting in kindergarten. I recommend this school to everyone. I just can't speak highly enough!

Posted August 11, 2013
Our public charter school (now located at 211 Memorial Drive) is a unique combination of international Baccalaureate eduction for both primary and middle years, single gender classrooms, and daily mandarin Chinese instruction. Uniforms allow children to have a sense of belonging to the larger school community and limit distractions. Our community is rich and vibrant, diverse in many ways, caring and invested. Our new facility allows much more adequate large group space than our previous location. Wesley's teachers are excellent educators who care about the students and the school community. Our family has had a great experience with our son (now a 3rd grader) and look forward to seeing him grow even more in the next six years at the school.

Wesley International Academy
211 Memorial Drive, Atlanta, GA  30312
Last modified Wesley International Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wesley International Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top