Posted October 27, 2014
Our daughter went to Rivers for 5 years, love the staff and it is truly a neighborhood school. She had some amazing teachers and the principal knew her by her first name, which is different than my experience at Sara Smith right now. My education experience at Rivers is on par or exceeds what I have now at Sara Smith.

Posted August 15, 2014
We love this school. The community is warm and enthusiastic, the teachers and administrators are focused on giving all the students the best education and experience possible, and the kids are wonderful individuals, each unique and appreciated for who he or she is.

Posted August 13, 2014
We have 3 children at E. Rivers, and our oldest will graduate this year. We were sold on E. Rivers after talking to other parents in our neighborhood, many of whom sent their oldest to private schools and now wish they had started them all at E. Rivers. It was the best decision we ever made. The quality of education is excellent. Our children have have developed a love for learning thanks to the incredibly talented teachers, most of which hold advanced degrees. The Principal, Matt Rogers, has done an excellent job ensuring only the very best teachers get hired. He gets it! Also, the new building is going to be state-of-the-art. We're lucky to have such a wonderful neighborhood school!

Posted August 10, 2014
My daughter has been going to E Rivers for 3 years now and we are very pleased with the level and quality of education, the staff and the facility. It is one of the best schools in Atlanta.

Posted August 09, 2014
This is a great school! My son has been going there since kindergarten and now he is in Forth grade! He loves it. The teachers are great! We are so excited about the new school almost being done! Can't wait for my two years old to go there!!

Posted August 09, 2014
We have two daughters at E Rivers. We love the community, administration, and staff there. Both of our kids are thriving and we have been very impressed with the quality of the instructors. They are very enthusiastic about school and learning. The parent involvement and support is amazing. This school will only get better, particularly after the new campus is completed.

Posted March 23, 2014
Last summer, I moved from North Buckhead (Sarah Smith) to South Buckhead (E Rivers) and our entire family (2 kids included) couldn t be happier with E Rivers. Everyone has gone out of their way to make us feel welcome. Even though Sarah Smith is a great school, I have to say that level of parent involvement in E Rivers truly amazing and far more impactful then I observed at Sarah Smith. I was worried that we were sacrificing education quality for a better location/more convenience by living in Peachtree Hills but now we have the best of both worlds!

Posted December 09, 2013
This is our family's 4th year at this truly neighborhood school. Our 3rd and first grader have had excellent teachers who love the school and diverse student body. Teachers are creative and push students academically but in a warm, caring environment. Our children have also had amazing experiences with the Challenge/gifted teachers which they would not have elsewhere (such as dissecting squid). Mr. Rogers, principal since fall 2011, is an excellent leader. He knows students and parents by name and has the utmost respect of teachers. Thanks to Rogers leadership the school is a very caring , learning community which doesn't just teach the IB principals but lives them. The best predictor of a child's success in school is how active parents choose to be. Dedicated parents are visible in all aspects of the school, with volunteer opportunities to fit each parents schedule/availability/ skills/talents. Currently the school is in a temporary campus while a completely new complex is being built (to open by fall 2015 at latest) in our home campus. Students and staff are excited to be receiving a building reflecting the excellent education which has been offered at here for years

Posted February 18, 2013
I went to school here from kindergarten through 5th grade. Charles Arter and David York were the principals at that time, the mid to late 1970's. I loved this school and always felt that the staff and other school personell cared for the students

Posted May 05, 2011
Couldn't be happier, 7 years now. My son graduated here at E. Rivers and now my daughter going to 2nd grade. Principle, Dr. White is AWSOME!!!! LOVE ALL THE TEACHERS AND STAFF. AWSOME SCHOOL. :))

Rivers Elementary School
8 Peachtree Battle Ave NW, Atlanta, GA  30305
Last modified Rivers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rivers Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top