Bad
Good

First year for my 5th grader attending this school and it's terrible. This year they relocated to another location on Windsor while the school at McMurray is being remodeled. This is already an inconvenience esp the parking, but not the reason for my one star. First of all, I see why this school has a low grade. The communication from the teachers/administration is very lax and they don't seem to be that organized in my opinion. They also don't use a lot of technology for communication which is sad bc most schools do. Also, the parent involvement is very low which is no fault of the school but it does impact the culture. The kids that attend are a "different" type and there are a number of behavior problems with them -- cursing, fighting, defiant, disrespect and the list goes on. The teacher even sent a note to parents indicating this. With all that going on, you can imagine the grades are not the highest here and unfortunately everyone suffers. My daughter has been here almost 3 months and I'm ready to move her NOW. Atlanta Public Schools should be ashamed of Kimberly. Unless you have no other option and care about your child's education, please don't send your child to this school. Use the school choice program and get them into West Manor Elem.

Kimberly is a great neighborhood school where teachers are dedicated to the advancement of student achievement in reading and math. The school is moving in a upward direction under the direction of the principal, Mr. Salley. LO Kimberly also has strong parental support that are charting the path to make this school a part of the International Baccalaureate program. This program allows the school to compete on a global level. I currently have a third grader that attends the school and he loves being at Kimberly. He enjoys the family like atmosphere, recess and the academics.

I am so glad my son was able to complete elementary school at Kimberly. The teachers seem to know every child's name. I like the friendly atmosphere at the school. Hopefully, APS will decide to provide much needed renovations to the school. The teachers provide meaningful activities to make the learning lasting and memorable. Don't underestimate the power of an excellent public school!

Kimberly is an AWESOME place to teach and learn. The staff is devoted and caring. The administration is dilligent and very involved. The environment is safe and challenging. I am glad to be a part of such an amazing school.

Kimberly Elementary is a warm and welcoming school that encourages children's happy and healthful development. Under the leadership of administrators, Mr. Salley and Mrs. Gunner, children are viewed as complete and valuable people who deserve nothing short of the most successful learning experiences. Learners of varying needs and abilities are welcomed daily by a warm staff that is devoted to cultivating an environment that encourages all children to grow and learn to be their very best. At Kimberly Elementary children feel safe to learn under the guidance of a staff that is dedicated to putting children's academic, social, and emotional needs above all else. I am honored to work amid dedicated adults and more importantly, smiling children who wake up every day proud to be "Kimberly Stingers."

I have been employed at Kimberly for a short while now, but it has been an amazing experience! The staff is like a family. Everyone is willing to go above and beyond to help others. The student teacher relationship is great as well. I've seen many teacher's besides myself who are truly passionate about working with the students of Kimberly and it shows. I'm proud to be a Kimberly Stinger.

My school is awesome. The teachers here are dedicated to student success and go to great legnths to ensure all students are learning. We are a standards based school and seek common core activities that are hands-on and engaging, yet vigorating.

I have been an employee of Kimberly Elementary School for a little a year now. I have found the staff to be very welcoming to newcomers. They really care about the students and work hard at creating positive relationships with their parents. I am proud to be a Kimberly Stinger!

I am the mother of two children that are new to Kimberly Elementary for the 2013-14 school year. Both of my children went to a private pre-k and then to a non traditional charter school...so they have never been a part of the public school system. My husband and I were really nervous about the transition, but so far things have been really good. The teachers are really friendly and there are always fun activities and events going on that are open to parent involvement. Another plus is the affordable after school care in which my daughter is able to participate in hip hop dance classes. The only problem, which is not really a problems but more of something that I am not used to, is the one phone number to contact every teacher in the school, I guess I'm just use to having more direct ability to contact my kids teachers. Ms. Willis, Dr. Douglas, and Mrs. Carter in the after school program have been great and we look forward to getting to know many of the other staff.

Kimberly is a great school for our community. We provide a PreK classroom, Spanish classes, orchestra. Ben Carson Reading program for our, and a parent reource room for parents. We are planning to have a English class for parent and a literacy class along with it. We will have a Plaza Comunitaria to help Spanish speaking parent get their GED, ETC. The best of all is that we have a great staff. Teachers are awesome! The Principal and the Assistant Principal are great with staff, parents and students. Our goal is to increase parent involvement with many ideas we have in place. We are hoping a great improvement on this matter.

Last modified Kimberly Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.